Program-Specific Info / Q's Anyone applied to the MUSC OT program for 2016 school year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdee123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was bummed when they did away from early admissions. I am nervously awaiting feedback from my application, I applied in January. Apparently offers of admission are given in Feb/March and I wanted to know if any one had heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied. I heard the same as you. February or March is when we'll here back.

I applied in October and still have not heard anything. It says on one of their supplemental forms that the acceptance selection process will be completed by March 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in October as well. I spoke with Alice Berger from the admissions office about 10 days ago and she said the committee had not yet started looking at the applications. She also said that we will be notified between mid February and early March.

Did you guys apply to others schools as well or heard back from them?

yeah, i went crazy and applied to about 13 schools haha.. interviewed for 7? i think and haven't heard back from all of them yet. what about you?

I applied too and haven't heard anything either.

Has anyone heard anything this week? So far nothing for me.

Has anyone heard anything this week? So far nothing for me.

nothing yet for me as well... hoping to hear within these next two weeks. the anxiety is killing me haha

Still haven't heard anything either... Considering reaching out to them to find out whats going on.
I spoke with financial aid yesterday about something unrelated. I asked my contact about the admissions process and she said she couldn't comment on it.

I was bummed when they did away from early admissions. I am nervously awaiting feedback from my application, I applied in January. Apparently offers of admission are given in Feb/March and I wanted to know if any one had heard back yet?

Hey everyone,

I applied to MUSC last year and I also work with a lot of MUSC alum and early March is supposedly the earliest we will know. I heard back Feb. 28th last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!

Just received an email :)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!

Just received an email :)

congrats! that's amazing! i got wait listed... not great but not the worst thing to happen. i'm out of state so i don't know what my chances of getting in are but i would love to go to MUSC. keeping my fingers crossed. congrats again!

I just heard back this morning via email. I'm in!

Got my acceptance email today!!! So excited!

I'm in, too. We should start a fbook group for those definitely attending.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats! that's amazing! i got wait listed... not great but not the worst thing to happen. i'm out of state so i don't know what my chances of getting in are but i would love to go to MUSC. keeping my fingers crossed. congrats again!
I was waitlisted as well and am out of state! My overall GPA is a 4.0 and pre-req GPA is 4.0, my gre verbal: 151, quant: 155, writing: 4.5, and I have about 100 shadowing hours overall in peds, inpatient/outpatient rehab hospitals and clinics, and hand therapy. There really is no rhyme or reason to this whole process! Best of luck to you though, and congrats to everyone who was accepted today!!!

I was waitlisted as well and am out of state! My overall GPA is a 4.0 and pre-req GPA is 4.0, my gre verbal: 151, quant: 155, writing: 4.5, and I have about 100 shadowing hours overall in peds, inpatient/outpatient rehab hospitals and clinics, and hand therapy. There really is no rhyme or reason to this whole process! Best of luck to you though, and congrats to everyone who was accepted today!!!

there really isn't haha.. i've been wait listed at 5 schools :( so i'm starting to go a little crazy. your stats are crazy good! my overall is a 3.3 and prereq is a 3.85, GRE Verbal- 154, quantitative- 154, writing- 4.5. i also have a little over 75 hours in aquatic pediatrics as well as inpatient hospital. best of luck to you as well and hopefully we'll make it off the wait list lol

I heard back earlier today via email as well! I'm so excited because I only applied to MUSC since it was the only in state OT program here in SC and I couldn't any out of state options. I'm so relieved! Congrats to all of you who got accepted as well!

I made a group. MUSC OT class of 2018 is the group name.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I can't find it either... any suggestions?
I put in the fb search bar and it didn't come up so I clicked at the bottom where it said search all results and then clicked on the "pages" and clicked see all

Has anyone been called off the wait list yet?

I'm waitlisted - I hope that this month people end up switching around and I get in because I would love to attend!!! I'm waitlisted at 5 places and got in to FGCU but I really don't want to have to go there. This waiting process is killing me!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile