Anyone apply to the IHS residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fauxden

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked this question a month or two or three back I think... but that was a different time...

Anyone apply to the IHS residencies?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to one and was offered an interview for Jan. 31. Hope that helps!

I applied to 3 IHS sites, got an interview offer from 1 of them. I really have no idea what to expect as far as the interview process. If anyone has any advice, that would rock my world right about now... Good luck with interview season everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't like Indian Health Service residencies. They are less competitive, and less attractive for future jobs, and most are in small remote small towns, in the middle of nowhere. However, if you have applied, you gonna definitely get those residencies because only very few apply to those residencies.

I don't like Indian Health Service residencies. They are less competitive, and less attractive for future jobs, and most are in small remote small towns, in the middle of nowhere. However, if you have applied, you gonna definitely get those residencies because only very few apply to those residencies.

That's not entirely true...they are still pretty competitive regardless of the location of some sites. Especially for people who want to stay on with them long term whether in the Commissioned Corps or civilian.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

In regards to the USAJobs application, has anyone's status changed from "Received"? I haven't heard back from the Jeannie since I submitted by application last month.

In regards to the USAJobs application, has anyone's status changed from "Received"? I haven't heard back from the Jeannie since I submitted by application last month.
Yeah I think it should have changed to "received" shortly after you submitted it, like within a couple days max? I never heard from anyone about it but mine says received. But I haven't heard from any of the sites regarding an interview.

I value my IHS residency that I completed. Good luck to those who applied!