Anyone apply to Worcester - MCPHS ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorcesterPHOBoy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I AM! :) post here

Members don't see this ad.

WorcesterPHOBoy said:

I am too! :D I like that its an accelerated 3 year program. I'll probably be killing myself those 3 years but whatever. Did you already send your application? I JUST got my last LOR so hopefully it will be sent out within the next few days. Do you know anything about the criteria--PCAT scores, GPA, etc? I really don't know much... Let me know!

I believe this question has been asked multiple times.

in the future please bump the old threads!

our mods are working very hard at improving the SDN experience and by a simple search we can all do our part!

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
I am too! :D I like that its an accelerated 3 year program. I'll probably be killing myself those 3 years but whatever. Did you already send your application? I JUST got my last LOR so hopefully it will be sent out within the next few days. Do you know anything about the criteria--PCAT scores, GPA, etc? I really don't know much... Let me know!

i applied 1 month ago and they replied back, telling me they have to see my Fall 2005 grade before they make decision

WorcesterPHOBoy said:
i applied 1 month ago and they replied back, telling me they have to see my Fall 2005 grade before they make decision

Did you have an interview already? They are making a decision before you interviewed?

rivatnt said:
Did you have an interview already? They are making a decision before you interviewed?

I did not have an interview. The letter says " We put you on hold until we see your Fall 2005 grade...."

-GPA 3.74 @ Community College
-1 yr at Rite Aid Tech Pharm
-Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Member
-Volunteer two places and still doing it
-Dean's List, every semester

I think it is very competitive for Community College students to get into Pharmacy School :mad:

WorcesterPHOBoy said:

i applied too
i will tried to go to one their open house

calrx said:

PCAT is not required

My appl just got completed there. They said i have to wait 4-6 weeks for either an interview (starting in Jan) or a rejection letter.
Does anyone know how many they normally interview? i asked that question from them twice and was given 2 totally different numbers; 600 and 250!!

jolie122 said:
PCAT is not required
According to their website, they do require the PCAT.

http://www.mcphs.edu/collegeCatalog/0405/admissions.html

"Candidates for the PharmD (Boston and Worcester/Manchester) who have completed or are in the process of completing coursework equivalent to courses in the prepharmacy phase of the curriculum at MCPHS are required to take the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)."

TMVegas said:
According to their website, they do require the PCAT.

http://www.mcphs.edu/collegeCatalog/0405/admissions.html

"Candidates for the PharmD (Boston and Worcester/Manchester) who have completed or are in the process of completing coursework equivalent to courses in the prepharmacy phase of the curriculum at MCPHS are required to take the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)."

I read that about the Pcat there also, but when I called the school they assured me that a PCAT score is not needed.

Hi ya'll.... I opened my mail today and had an invite letter from MCPHS-Worcester!! My 1st interview... ahhh I'm soooo nervous!! Go check your mail. :D

Stephie said:
I read that about the Pcat there also, but when I called the school they assured me that a PCAT score is not needed.

Is it too late to apply there?

when did u applied?
and was yr gpa?

jolie122 said:
when did u applied?
and was yr gpa?

They are very speedy!! I actually sent my application on October 31st, got a letter dated November 3rd stating they had received my application, and got a letter today dated November 4th inviting me for an interview. My undergrad GPA is a 3.3.

starsweet said:

I don't think its too late to apply there. Like I said in my previous post, I sent my completed application 10/31 and a week later received an invite. They work quickly there! I would say go for it. When I called to set up an appointment they told me they just started scheduling interviews.

-

calrx said:
I don't think its too late to apply there. Like I said in my previous post, I sent my completed application 10/31 and a week later received an invite. They work quickly there! I would say go for it. When I called to set up an appointment they told me they just started scheduling interviews.

Carl, how many pre-pharmacy courses left u had to take?

calrx said:
They are very speedy!! I actually sent my application on October 31st, got a letter dated November 3rd stating they had received my application, and got a letter today dated November 4th inviting me for an interview. My undergrad GPA is a 3.3.
do you have any BS degree?

WorcesterPHOBoy said:
do you have any BS degree?

Yup, I have a BS in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I just graduated this past May. If I am accepted and decide to go to MCPHS I would have to take economics and an additional math/computer course over the summer to complete their pre-req requirements.

starsweet said:

I'm pretty sure that it's not too late to apply there, but i would call the school to doublecheck.

Good Luck!