Anyone applying Early Decision Pharmcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacygal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying early decision to any pharmacy school? How is your pharmcas application going?

I am personally freaking out over my essay haha, want to know if other people have submitted or not

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone applying early decision to any pharmacy school? How is your pharmcas application going?

I am personally freaking out over my essay haha, want to know if other people have submitted or not

If you are planning on Early Decision..you should do it as quick as you can now.. I know many people did ED and got accepted .

I would but my first choice does not participate in early decision. My second does, but Im just going to roll the dice on this one :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I have everything ready to go on pharmcas and am polishing up my PS :)

Thanks, I just submitted mine today too! I started the app as soon as it PharmCAS opened and was hoping to have it submitted by July, but with the PCAT and summer classes, I found the semester over before I was able to finish everything. So I am requesting a second transcript from my school with summer grades which will help my GPA :xf:

Were another step closer people. Just a couple more months...

My top choice just started the early decision program for the next class (lucky me!!!). I just submitted my pharmcas and supplemental apps last week and kinda rushed my personal statement (got it done and proofread in two days lol) just in case it took pharmcas the max "5 weeks" for processing.

My top choice just started the early decision program for the next class (lucky me!!!). I just submitted my pharmcas and supplemental apps last week and kinda rushed my personal statement (got it done and proofread in two days lol) just in case it took pharmcas the max "5 weeks" for processing.

In my case, it took 3-4 weeks.

I took the July PCAT - even if I submit my application for ED in today, will the school get the PCAT by Sep 3?

I took the July PCAT - even if I submit my application for ED in today, will the school get the PCAT by Sep 3?

Your school should have your PCAT score by then. Pearson states: "Within 5 weeks following the end of the testing window, your Official Score Report will be available online for 1 year from the date of your test administration, and Official Transcripts will be sent by the U.S. Postal Service to the institutions you designated to receive your scores."

You should definitely not wait for your scores to come in to submit your PharmCAS application though! The earlier you can get it submitted, the better. Your scores will be forwarded to your ED school as soon as they arrive.

Hey did you guys do the Special Circumstances option in the Personal Data section?

Yeah, I did. I didn't do a "pity" story though.... I used something that affected a semester of my school and turned it into a positive experience.

Does anyone know when the next mailing for pharmcas of applications? Because they verified mine but said they will send it out next mailing window.

Yeah, I did. I didn't do a "pity" story though.... I used something that affected a semester of my school and turned it into a positive experience.

Since I come from a disadvantaged economic background, I thought it might apply to me. However, it really did not affect so I'm pondering if I should write something or not.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next mailing for pharmcas of applications? Because they verified mine but said they will send it out next mailing window.

To answer your question, I e-mailed PharmCAS a while back and this is what they told me.

"Good afternoon,

I spoke to you a few minutes ago about mailing your application. I told you
that your application would be mailed out on Thursday because PharmCAS mails
out applications on Thursdays and Mondays.
However, this mailing will not begin
until late July or early August. Once your application has been mailed, you
will see a mail date. I apologize for the confusion."

To answer your question, I e-mailed PharmCAS a while back and this is what they told me.

"Good afternoon,

I spoke to you a few minutes ago about mailing your application. I told you
that your application would be mailed out on Thursday because PharmCAS mails
out applications on Thursdays and Mondays.
However, this mailing will not begin
until late July or early August. Once your application has been mailed, you
will see a mail date. I apologize for the confusion."

Thank you!

Mine still hasn't been mailed but my GPA has been calculated and i sent it in on 8/8, has yours been mailed yet?

They should send it soon. My GPA was calculated on 8/8 and it was mailed today.

Official score report for PCAT is finally released and date listed on my pharmcas application. Even better, my application has been mailed to my early decision pharmacy program! I was expecting about 4 weeks but they got it done in 12 days!

Has anyone heard back from any of the early decision schools if they have received an interview or not?