Anyone applying for 2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You got your decision within two weeks??! That's great but I thought it usually takes 6-8 weeks.

Yes, this is truly a miracle. I'm in shock. Especially since I found out that they make decisions primarily based on stats and that the NY office doesn't send our resumes, essays, or personal statement to the school until 3rd year....

My app was verified complete June 26
de

Members don't see this ad.

You got your decision within two weeks??! That's great but I thought it usually takes 6-8 weeks.

de

I actually sent all of my components separately. June 26 is when my application was deemed complete and was verified by email. I sent my physical application form a bit earlier and my essays by email after that, and my resume after that...

I actually sent all of my components separately. June 26 is when my application was deemed complete and was verified by email. I sent my physical application form a bit earlier and my essays by email after that, and my resume after that...
Oh okay. When did you send your mcat and gpa? Thanks. I appreciate it- trying to know around when other people got their results

Members don't see this ad :)
received transcript June 17 and MCAT score June 9

Hi all,

Applied mid June, got my acceptance letter this past week.
uGPA: 3.7 MCAT: 29

For those accepted, are any of y'all taking out federal loans or something to pay for this? The price is 58k tuition + housing costs? It's a bit ridiculous, I am tempted to just retake the MCAT and roll the dice on US medical schools.

@vinhwin it never fails to stun me when I see stats like yours applying for international schools. That is a killer gpa. And good mcat score.

You would DEFINITELY get into the USA with those scores (D.O. & M.D. ). Even without retaking the mcat.

With retaking the mcat and scoring 30+, I'd say your chances would triple. Come on now you've seen the averages....why...go...international...

Seems to be a lot of applicants here with impressive/decent stats. Wonder why most of you have decided on attending this program over a DO school?

Reactions: 1 user
No clue, but I guess there is something to do with wanting a MD, wanting to visit Australia, and wanting to go to a university that is pretty well ranked on the world rankings. The first two years of matches have been pretty much rock solid, so that is why i think you will see people with better stats.

@vinhwin it never fails to stun me when I see stats like yours applying for international schools. That is a killer gpa. And good mcat score.

You would DEFINITELY get into the USA with those scores (D.O. & M.D. ). Even without retaking the mcat.

With retaking the mcat and scoring 30+, I'd say your chances would triple. Come on now you've seen the averages....why...go...international...

Well, even with my stats , from the medical school website that shows the percentage of those accepted within my stat range I only have a 39% chance of getting in. Even if I were to raise my MCAT to a 30-32, the odds of getting in are only 63%. Relatively decent shot if I blanket a ton of medical schools especially in my state. But if you average them, it's basically almost a coin flip. There are a few reasons that make this program more appealing. I graduate with my BS this December and don't really like the idea of having a funny gap period before medical school(January-August, I'd rather have it after I get my MD as in the case of this program). Probably because of the fear that if I take 8 months off, I won't be able to get back into a study mode haha. Also I've got a bunch of family over in Australia and it would be sweet to get to know them more. It'd be nice to get out of Texas since I've been here my entire life and see the world a bit. Never got to study abroad during my undergrad, was always jealous of all my friends that got the opportunity.

I'd be crazy not to give the USA medical schools a shot, since I'd be saving a whole lot of money if I get instate. I'll probably stall on deciding to accept the offer or not as long as possible. For those accepted, have you all done the visas/health info/other requirements? How long does it usually take? Just trying to get an estimate of when I'd need to start on all the paperwork.

Being a doctor in America is now a bust unless you come from a wealthy family.

Australia will turn into America in about a decade but for now it's the better place to be.

Hi all,

Applied mid June, got my acceptance letter this past week.
uGPA: 3.7 MCAT: 29

For those accepted, are any of y'all taking out federal loans or something to pay for this? The price is 58k tuition + housing costs? It's a bit ridiculous, I am tempted to just retake the MCAT and roll the dice on US medical schools.

Currently in the UQ-Ochsner program now as a second year.
Unless your family has the means to pay for it on your own, you are pretty much going to have to take out loans for the four years which can be upwards around 70k/year depending on how much you are willing to budget on your own via housing and expenses.

Honestly, I would first exhaust all options in the U.S.
I am not sure what other people have been saying, but we are still at best considered IMGs in the end of the day

Tuition is at 55k or so and with living expenses its more like 80k/yr. Thats still the same as a US school unless you are in from the South/Midwest where the state schools are only 20-25k/yr tuition.

You also have to consider that many doctors in our generation in America will never make it out of the red

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, even with my stats , from the medical school website that shows the percentage of those accepted within my stat range I only have a 39% chance of getting in. Even if I were to raise my MCAT to a 30-32, the odds of getting in are only 63%. Relatively decent shot if I blanket a ton of medical schools especially in my state. But if you average them, it's basically almost a coin flip. There are a few reasons that make this program more appealing. I graduate with my BS this December and don't really like the idea of having a funny gap period before medical school(January-August, I'd rather have it after I get my MD as in the case of this program). Probably because of the fear that if I take 8 months off, I won't be able to get back into a study mode haha. Also I've got a bunch of family over in Australia and it would be sweet to get to know them more. It'd be nice to get out of Texas since I've been here my entire life and see the world a bit. Never got to study abroad during my undergrad, was always jealous of all my friends that got the opportunity.

I'd be crazy not to give the USA medical schools a shot, since I'd be saving a whole lot of money if I get instate. I'll probably stall on deciding to accept the offer or not as long as possible. For those accepted, have you all done the visas/health info/other requirements? How long does it usually take? Just trying to get an estimate of when I'd need to start on all the paperwork.

Did you use the aamc website? I have the official guide from aamc (the 3rd edition) and the data shows for 2009-2011 applicants according to your gpa and mcat, you have a 51% chance of getting in. They cite 3777/7458 got in. These are the actual numbers from the book, no lie. If you get a mcat score of 30-32, your chances go up 72%.

My friend, I can almost guarantee you will get in somewhere. It sucks that you're from Texas as I've heard it is SUPER COMPETITIVE and has some of the best schools. BUT, you would definitely get in somewhere in the USA.

I'm just giving you this information as a stranger lol, I have no agenda except to tell you that it'd be crazy to pass up this opportunity to apply in the USA. Even if you get out of state, take it. Granted it might just as expensive as Oz and not as exciting but you wouldn't be a international graduate with tons of hurdles ahead.

To me your reasons of funny gap period and study mode issues are not that sound. You will always have the opportunity to travel on vacations and I think sure med school in Oz will give you more opportunities but you're going to be studying most of the time. Maybe alumni can chime in here with the whole travel thing But hey you are much smarter than me, what do I know lol. All I know is that if you end up in Oz, you then have a funny gap when you're applying for residencies, so...don't really understand where you're coming from. Hopefully when I get in (seeing the stats here makes me optimistic), maybe we'll be classmates and you can teach me how to study properly haha.

Did you use the aamc website? I have the official guide from aamc (the 3rd edition) and the data shows for 2009-2011 applicants according to your gpa and mcat, you have a 51% chance of getting in. They cite 3777/7458 got in. These are the actual numbers from the book, no lie. If you get a mcat score of 30-32, your chances go up 72%.

My friend, I can almost guarantee you will get in somewhere. It sucks that you're from Texas as I've heard it is SUPER COMPETITIVE and has some of the best schools. BUT, you would definitely get in somewhere in the USA.

I'm just giving you this information as a stranger lol, I have no agenda except to tell you that it'd be crazy to pass up this opportunity to apply in the USA. Even if you get out of state, take it. Granted it might just as expensive as Oz and not as exciting but you wouldn't be a international graduate with tons of hurdles ahead.

To me your reasons of funny gap period and study mode issues are not that sound. You will always have the opportunity to travel on vacations and I think sure med school in Oz will give you more opportunities but you're going to be studying most of the time. Maybe alumni can chime in here with the whole travel thing But hey you are much smarter than me, what do I know lol. All I know is that if you end up in Oz, you then have a funny gap when you're applying for residencies, so...don't really understand where you're coming from. Hopefully when I get in (seeing the stats here makes me optimistic), maybe we'll be classmates and you can teach me how to study properly haha.

When you speak of" tons of hurdles" what do you speak of? I know that it is harder for IMGs to secure a competitive specialty residency, however I have spoken with students that have done so from UQ. While graduates are considered IMGs (and for this year >50% obtained residency positions), UQ is making itself out to be more than your average International school and thus one would believe that the high match rate will prosper. If vinhwin applies for this cycle, there would be more preparation time when applying for residencies if attending UQ and while the stats of 3.7 and 29 are competitive, there is no guarantee of acceptance to any MD school. I've heard that there are opportunities for travel for students, however like you mentioned school is the number one concern and it will limit your travel options. However, I think the uniqueness of working with students from around the world makes up for this. At the end of the day every decision will have its pros and cons, but as you can see students with competitive stats are starting to believe in the system UQ has set up.

@lyfe823 I meant getting residency. I agree UQ is doing something different but that doesn't guarantee future cohorts are going to be as successful as the ones before. The sample sizes are very SMALL. SGU also has great residency stats but its reputation is ****. So I just mean hurdles in the sense of a USA trained doctor who wants to practice in the US will be viewed as better than a foreign trained one. Another huge hurdle is studying for the USMLE when the Oz curriculum doesn't care about it. It is all self studying. Of course in med school no one hand feeds you but it is kind of ridiculous that they expect us to get by with only self studying, tutors and the fat first aid book. On the other hand, maybe studying for the USMLE in the USA isn't any easier except that the curriculum matches what you need to know for the steps. Which makes it easier to study. Duh.

This is just purely my opinion. I just want to express that a lot of people seem interested in the school because they want to learn global medicine. But UQ doesn't seem to really teach that. It is merely a better model than the Caribbean. Taking a few classes on the Oz healthcare system and doing your first two years there doesn't make you a globally educated student. Maybe I don't know anything but I always laugh when people choose to go to UQ for it's global medical experience. It's hilarious to me as they seem to not have read what the curriculum entails, it's your standard rote medical school classes sprinkled with a few classes about oz/aboriginal healthcare.

For me, I want to go to UQ because it will give me the opportunity to become a doctor. And is a better school than the Caribs. Simple as that. Granted, I am not a med student at UQ. Maybe some alumni can chime in about their global experience but I will guess they will agree with me. I think the alumni love the experiences at Ochsner the most and as it is located in the USA, well it's not much of a global experience. I think the traditional UQ students get more of global education as they get the chance to do clinicals and rotations all over the world.

Last edited:
@foody

I'm not sure looking at the stats as a generalization is the best way to look at it. My friends who all applied/made it into medical schools in the US all tell me that you're not competing against everyone. You're competing against everyone in your race group, so depending on your race, you can see your odds increase or decrease.

Here's the link I used for seeing the % : https://www.aamc.org/download/321516/data/2013factstable25-3.pdf

I am kind of stuck in the way that I've got to commit to either UQ or take a coin flip for medical schools in the US. If I decide I want to retake the MCAT and try to apply, I won't hear back until after the UQ deadline passes. If I deposit and do all the paperwork, it's a few thousand dollars.

Echoing on what lyfe823 said, I don't exactly like the idea of a coin flip for medical school in the states rather than an already accepted spot at UQ. Also, based on what their website says, it seems like if you put in the work at UQ you'll be fine for residencies in the USA. I see a few in very competitive specialities like surgery and anesthesiology. At the end of the day though, I've been told nobody cares if you're an IMG if you did a residency in the USA.

When you speak of" tons of hurdles" what do you speak of? I know that it is harder for IMGs to secure a competitive specialty residency, however I have spoken with students that have done so from UQ. While graduates are considered IMGs (and for this year >50% obtained residency positions), UQ is making itself out to be more than your average International school and thus one would believe that the high match rate will prosper. If vinhwin applies for this cycle, there would be more preparation time when applying for residencies if attending UQ and while the stats of 3.7 and 29 are competitive, there is no guarantee of acceptance to any MD school. I've heard that there are opportunities for travel for students, however like you mentioned school is the number one concern and it will limit your travel options. However, I think the uniqueness of working with students from around the world makes up for this. At the end of the day every decision will have its pros and cons, but as you can see students with competitive stats are starting to believe in the system UQ has set up.

Regardless of what UQ is trying to do whether it be ranking or "facility upgrades" at the end of the day everyone who graduates from here is an IMG and will be treated as such when we apply to residencies. I don't think that the "uniqueness of the school" can necessarily overcome the fact we are aren't AMGs.

Im not going to try to bash the school because I go here, but if you do come here, be prepared for a different educational system (this is the most important thing to realize) that has a different focus, priority, and resource capability than what you would be otherwise expecting than if you are going to a US MD.

Last edited:
@foody

I'm not sure looking at the stats as a generalization is the best way to look at it. My friends who all applied/made it into medical schools in the US all tell me that you're not competing against everyone. You're competing against everyone in your race group, so depending on your race, you can see your odds increase or decrease.

Here's the link I used for seeing the % : https://www.aamc.org/download/321516/data/2013factstable25-3.pdf

I am kind of stuck in the way that I've got to commit to either UQ or take a coin flip for medical schools in the US. If I decide I want to retake the MCAT and try to apply, I won't hear back until after the UQ deadline passes. If I deposit and do all the paperwork, it's a few thousand dollars.

Echoing on what lyfe823 said, I don't exactly like the idea of a coin flip for medical school in the states rather than an already accepted spot at UQ. Also, based on what their website says, it seems like if you put in the work at UQ you'll be fine for residencies in the USA. I see a few in very competitive specialities like surgery and anesthesiology. At the end of the day though, I've been told nobody cares if you're an IMG if you did a residency in the USA.

Its true that as long as you do the usmle well you'll be fine as far as getting residency (your getting rotations and residency mixed up). However, that being said, you better do extremely well on the usmle. I don't know if they showed the stats of those 22/24 people who matched, but i believe they had scores in the 240s which isn't easy at all given all the extra stuff UQ is now enforcing us to do. That being said, if you are really good at independent study, you'll do ok.

@lyfe823 I meant getting residency. I agree UQ is doing something different but that doesn't guarantee future cohorts are going to be as successful as the ones before. The sample sizes are very SMALL. SGU also has great residency stats but its reputation is ****. So I just mean hurdles in the sense of a USA trained doctor who wants to practice in the US will be viewed as better than a foreign trained one. Another huge hurdle is studying for the USMLE when the Oz curriculum doesn't care about it. It is all self studying. Of course in med school no one hand feeds you but it is kind of ridiculous that they expect us to get by with only self studying, tutors and the fat first aid book. On the other hand, maybe studying for the USMLE in the USA isn't any easier except that the curriculum matches what you need to know for the steps. Which makes it easier to study. Duh.

^This part I agree to the Nth degree

Last edited:
Does anyone know why some people get their results within 2 weeks while it takes others 8+ weeks to get theirs?...

Its true that as long as you do the usmle well you'll be fine as far as getting residency (your getting rotations and residency mixed up). However, that being said, you better do extremely well on the usmle. I don't know if they showed the stats of those 22/24 people who matched, but i believe they had scores in the 240s which isn't easy at all given all the extra stuff UQ is now enforcing us to do. That being said, if you are really good at independent study, you'll do ok.

^This part I agree to the Nth degree

Did everyone have scores in the 240s? I'm sure that most people who matched didn't considering even the average US school has only a 227 class average.

Did everyone have scores in the 240s? I'm sure that most people who matched didn't considering even the average US school has only a 227 class average.

I don't think everyone scored in the 240s, but I believe those who got rads, surgery, and ortho def scored in that range. It's not unheard of getting in the 240s, but the first group of graduates also tend to be tightly cohesive compared to the subsequent classes as it gets larger. This is going off of word of mouth from people taking it (if they actually got 240 I can't prove it as I don't have their score report) and from what the tutors have been saying to aim for. I'm sure the 4 who got Internal med (who all happen to get placements at ochsner coincidentally), had lower scores but again I can substantiate without having actually seen their scores and instead by word from the tutors and by word of mouth.

Perhaps you all got the same email as mine, but it seems like up to three years old MCAT score have a good chance of being acceptable for this cycle.

Emphasis mine.
Dear (redacted),
Please be advised that at this time, applicants with MCAT scores more than two years old are on hold, while the University of Queensland is going through a process re-confirming MCAT scores taken up to three years prior to the entry term will be accepted by the School of Medicine. We are advised that the three year window for MCAT scores will very likely be re-confirmed shortly for the entering class of 2015.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best,
Alex

Perhaps you all got the same email as mine]

Did you just receive that email? If so, when was your application complete?

I received the email in the beginning of April with an additional statement saying that they would make a decision by June...

can anyone confirm whether you can defer an acceptance at UQ-O for the next year if you pay the deposit? I guess I could call them but figured I would check here first to see if anyone was 100% certain, still waiting on my MCAT score, took it june 13th, but I'm finishing up my MPH degree in spring 2015. Looking to apply asap.

@Xenophon
Yes, I just received that email. I finished the application June 19th.

can anyone confirm whether you can defer an acceptance at UQ-O for the next year if you pay the deposit? I guess I could call them but figured I would check here first to see if anyone was 100% certain, still waiting on my MCAT score, took it june 13th, but I'm finishing up my MPH degree in spring 2015. Looking to apply asap.

Well technically what mededpath told me was that you would have to re-apply for next year. Paying the deposit wouldn't guarantee you anything but a spot for 2014. But Thea did say that you are in this year, you are most likely to get in next year. But they make you re-apply.

@Epell thanks for that update. I'm also in the mcat hold group and got a similar email months ago and they said a decision would be made by June. I really hope it does end up positively and they decide to reconfirm scores three years old will be accepted. And I hope we get an answer within the next week. I've been waiting since March damnit. That 'SOON' in your email makes me really hopeful.

With that said, I encourage all those on hold for the mcat date to keep calling, emailing, bugging...whatever it is you have to do to get the decision made faster. Admissions may not like me at this point but not like they can take away my chances for acceptance...it's their job to help us out and answer all our questions.

Some suggestions as to who to email/contact:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Don't be afraid people. Just do it and it will help us all.

Last edited:
I found that the Medepath staff was incredibly helpful and receptive. I always got phone calls in response to emails I sent to them! I recommend emailing your application adviser!

Who has paid their deposit and is 100% set on starting Oschner in a few months??? Did you guys just decide to not fill out any other secondary applications?

@Epell thanks for that update. I'm also in the mcat hold group and got a similar email months ago and they said a decision would be made by June. I really hope it does end up positively and they decide to reconfirm scores three years old will be accepted. And I hope we get an answer within the next week. I've been waiting since March damnit. That 'SOON' in your email makes me really hopeful.

With that said, I encourage all those on hold for the mcat date to keep calling, emailing, bugging...whatever it is you have to do to get the decision made faster. Admissions may not like me at this point but not like they can take away my chances for acceptance...it's their job to help us out and answer all our questions.

Some suggestions as to who to email/contact:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Don't be afraid people. Just do it and it will help us all.

This is an example of exactly what not to do. Annoying the admissions staff is going to have no bearing on the admissions committee. Bugging someone while they are at work is ultimately juvenile.

Keep in contact and informed, but don't be aggressive. Remember you are not the center of the universe.

Last edited:
This is an example of exactly what not to do. Annoying the admissions staff is going to have no bearing on the admissions committee. Bugging someone while they are at work is ultimately juvenile.

Keep in contact and informed, but don't be aggressive. Remember you are not the center of the universe.

Of course you are right. But hard to have patience after months and months of waiting. Especially when you're told you will hear back in 6-8 weeks. Mededpath has been helpful but also sometimes snarky bc the same questions are asked by others applying. UQ is straight from the sourcs rather than waiting around. They have been more understanding in my opinion. I haven't been aggressive just in contact frequently. But I see your point.

And it's only my guess that admissions doesn't like me. But tbh they probably get the same questions from others. I only encourage those to communicate with admissions because keeping silent and passive about it wont help the speed of getting a response.

@Legloom I'm submitting secondaries.

Last edited:
Of course you are right. But hard to have patience after months and months of waiting. Especially when you're told you will hear back in 6-8 weeks. Mededpath has been helpful but also sometimes snarky bc the same questions are asked by others applying. UQ is straight from the sourcs rather than waiting around. They have been more understanding in my opinion. I haven't been aggressive just in contact frequently. But I see your point.

And it's only my guess that admissions doesn't like me. But tbh they probably get the same questions from others. I only encourage those to communicate with admissions because keeping silent and passive about it wont help the speed of getting a response.
I'm confused. I called on Friday and MedEdPath said they have not heard anything yet, and I told them I heard someone on a forum say a decision was made but not yet released, but they assured me that was not the case. They said, if anything, UQ will most likely NOT accept 3 year old MCATs.

I'm confused. I called on Friday and MedEdPath said they have not heard anything yet, and I told them I heard someone on a forum say a decision was made but not yet released, but they assured me that was not the case. They said, if anything, UQ will most likely NOT accept 3 year old MCATs.

Well that sucks. ****. I called UQ directly and that's exactly what the lady told me: "a decision has been made".

Anyone apply to USyd? Interview offers are scheduled to be released this week!

No clue, but I guess there is something to do with wanting a MD, wanting to visit Australia, and wanting to go to a university that is pretty well ranked on the world rankings. The first two years of matches have been pretty much rock solid, so that is why i think you will see people with better stats.

You forgot to mention the beautiful women and year round sunshine

Just got the email: old MCATs will be accepted!

To clarify, I didn't get accepted, they are just accepting old MCATs

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the email: old MCATs will be accepted!

To clarify, I didn't get accepted, they are just accepting old MCATs

Sweet baby Jesus I love it!! Thanks for the update. Just checked my email. Woooooo. Good luck to all those applying. Hope we all get in. Crossing my fingers, toes, arms etc.

Just got my acceptance email. I will be attending in Jan. 2015! So relieved!

Steele would you mind sharing your stats?

GPA: 3.5 cGPA and 3.7 sGPA (According to my DO application)

MCAT: 26 (9/8/9) (I was really dissapointed with this because I was pulling 30+ on practice MCATs)

EC
: 125+ hours ER volunteer, Research (pending publication) on NSTEMI @ Georgetown University Hospital, 40+ hours shadowing DO and MD (surgeon and primary care), Science Tutor at current college, etc.

BA
: Japanese Studies with Minor in Japanese Language (2008) and Georgetown Post-Bac Program Completion (2013)

GPA: 3.5 cGPA and 3.7 sGPA (According to my DO application)

MCAT: 26 (9/8/9) (I was really dissapointed with this because I was pulling 30+ on practice MCATs)
EC: 125+ hours ER volunteer, Research (pending publication) on NSTEMI @ Georgetown University Hospital, 40+ hours shadowing DO and MD (surgeon and primary care), Science Tutor at current college, etc.
BA: Japanese Studies with Minor in Japanese Language (2008) and Georgetown Post-Bac Program Completion (2013)
Thank you for sharing. When did you take your MCAT?

Also, is UQ your first choice, or were there other schools?

Thank you for sharing. When did you take your MCAT?

Also, is UQ your first choice, or were there other schools?

I took the MCAT in mid-May.

It was my first choice. I had applied to Irish schools too, and got rejected from NUIG and wait-listed at TC-Dublin. I also had just started the DO process (I'm kind of bummed that I just paid $600 for applications just under two weeks ago). I was going to go to DO school if UQ-O didn't work out.

Did interview offers for U of Sydney international students (MD program) come out yet? is it coming out this week?

Did interview offers for U of Sydney international students (MD program) come out yet? is it coming out this week?
It came out for me. I think I was the first person to book the interview time slot since every slot was open when I booked it.

tip:
For people who are trying to convert time difference for booking, wolframalpha is really helpful.
Search for something like this: "July 4th 10:45 AM Sydney Time to EST"
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=July+4th+10:45+AM+Sydney+Time+to+EST

I took the MCAT in mid-May.

It was my first choice. I had applied to Irish schools too, and got rejected from NUIG and wait-listed at TC-Dublin. I also had just started the DO process (I'm kind of bummed that I just paid $600 for applications just under two weeks ago). I was going to go to DO school if UQ-O didn't work out.
Why on earth would you choose to attend an international school over an American (DO) school? Just wondering (I'll likely be in your shoes in 1 yr).

You forgot to mention the beautiful women and year round sunshine

The beautiful women is a bit of a myth as most are very pasty milky white women and Australian women are probably the bitchiest I have ever encountered.

Why on earth would you choose to attend an international school over an American (DO) school? Just wondering (I'll likely be in your shoes in 1 yr).

Because I don't plan on spending my entire career in the United States, I plan on going into internal medicine (which is not all that competitive), and I very much need the global health focus of UQ-O if I am going to be working outside the United States.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have personal issues with for-profit hospitals. Ochsner is a not-for-profit clinic. I've worked for non-profits before, and I enjoy the mentality.

Edit #2: Article about the program http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3179196/

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten offers of admission to UQ? I just got mine this week!