anyone applying to liu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm1288

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had my first day of pharmacy orientation today and the professor said 60% of liu pre-pharm were accepted last year? Not sure if that is good or bad bc I've been hearing that liu does not give preference to their own pre-pharm students. Although, 60% does seem like alot. Anyway, anyone applying wanna post their stats. Has anyone gotten into liu with a similiar gpa?
Cumulative 3.43
Pcat October

Members don't see this ad.

didn't Cicero just say that LIU pre-pharm does have preference?

oct pcat

Yea, she did. But I wasn't sure if that was the case until she came to class that day. I made the post awhile ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have been looking into LIU & due to me having taking college courses back in '94-'95, am considered a transfer student. I was wondering if I took the prereqs at the brooklyn campus or cw post campus in Brookville(closer to me) under a different major, would I still have an advantage over other transfer students from different schools? Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find this specific question.

Have been looking into LIU & due to me having taking college courses back in '94-'95, am considered a transfer student. I was wondering if I took the prereqs at the brooklyn campus or cw post campus in Brookville(closer to me) under a different major, would I still have an advantage over other transfer students from different schools? Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find this specific question.

From what I've been told, Liu pre-pharm gets first preference, then liu with alternate majors, and lastly transfers.

Thanks pharm1288. I wasn't sure if there would be any preference whatsoever. I have been thinking that the safer route would be to go to local Suny school & get a bachelor's in like biochem so that I can apply to LIU, Touro, & St John's if they change over to 2-4yr. It will be cheaper for me also & I would have a bachelors degree to fall back on. If I were to attend LIU or CW under different major & not get accepted into the pharmd program, then I have no degree & will have spent a lot more money. Guess I will have to see if I want to take my chances with LIU.