Anyone applying to UH or TSU pharmacy school for 2016 Fall semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pr1ncezuk0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for TSU COP this year for the 2016 Fall admissions. I'm also thinking about applying to UH as well. Anyone who's in either UH COP or TSU COP give their input about each school? I'm intending to go for clinical pharmacy in the long run. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Well based on reputation, UH is a respected university while TSU seems to get bashed by their formal students and their pharmacy class seems to generally consist of students with stats that probably didn't get into anywhere except TSU.

But I don't go to either school. I read the forums a lot tho.

I plan applying to TSU and probably UNTHSC. tSu is my first choice. Im really nervous. Is pharmacy experience required? I been trying tl get a job as a pharm tech and wvwn tried volunteering at a hospital, its not easy. Does TSU accept people with no experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
UH and TSU COP are about the same, reputation wise. Class demographic consists of mostly foreigners, PCAT median between 40-60%ile, and college GPA between 2.2 and 3.0. In other words, it doesn't require that much work to enroll into those two pharmacy schools.

UH and TSU COP are about the same, reputation wise. Class demographic consists of mostly foreigners, PCAT median between 40-60%ile, and college GPA between 2.2 and 3.0. In other words, it doesn't require that much work to enroll into those two pharmacy schools.
You should check your stats first before replying. UH average PCAT for 2015 entering class is 83%ile with GPA at a 3.5 per UH pharmacy website...TSU however does accept much lower stats but there website doesn't supply recent data. Just past years...

Also much different, reputation wise. Not sure where your getting your info....two VERY different schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm looking to apply. Taking my pcat this month. GPA is average at like a flat 3 for pre-pharmacy. Almost 10 years of pharmacy experience, about 6 years as a tech and held office in a pre pharmacy organization. Hopefully I can do well (at least 70 or so) on my Pcat to make up for my lackluster GPA. I have my degree as well but I don't think they care.

Last edited:
I'm looking to apply. Taking my pcat next month. GPA is average at like a flat 3 for pre-pharmacy. 10 years of pharmacy experience, about 6 years as a tech and held office in a pre pharmacy organization. Hopefully I can do well (at least 70 or so) on my Pcat to make up for my lackluster GPA.
How are you studying for your PCAT? Have you taken it before?

How are you studying for your PCAT? Have you taken it before?
Collins and Pearson tests mainly. I have the kaplan book but I didn't really get into it too much. More so used it for parts that I didn't fully understand from Collins.

Did anyone get into pharm school with about 2.8 gpa and 40 pcat?? Thanks

Did anyone get into pharm school with about 2.8 gpa and 40 pcat?? Thanks
I don't think that will cut it even for TSU. They're not as cut throat as other schools from what I can see but their average gpa from last year was about a 3.3 and they say 60 or higher is seen as competitive. So if you slacked in Gpa, I think you would need to kill the pcat.

I was just saying if anyone got into private schools or any others, particular not TSU. I am going to apply to South and some others that are private.

I was just saying if anyone got into private schools or any others, particular not TSU. I am going to apply to South and some others that are private.
Oh okay. I saw one guy post saying that he got in with a 2.9 and a 71 pcat

I'm looking to apply. Taking my pcat this month. GPA is average at like a flat 3 for pre-pharmacy. Almost 10 years of pharmacy experience, about 6 years as a tech and held office in a pre pharmacy organization. Hopefully I can do well (at least 70 or so) on my Pcat to make up for my lackluster GPA. I have my degree as well but I don't think they care.
When are you taking the pcat? Also I used Dr. Collins mainly how about you?

Nice, do you know what may be the experimental questions? On pearson practice tests seems like the passage ones are not graded but Idk on the real thing.

Nice, do you know what may be the experimental questions? On pearson practice tests seems like the passage ones are not graded but Idk on the real thing.

It may be the passage questions. I'm not sure but thats what its looking like.

It may be the passage questions. I'm not sure but thats what its looking like.
Just took the pcat yest i jumped 51 points so im nervous about the score cancellation policy. Do you know if they will cancel it or anyone who jumped this much? Thanks

Just took the pcat yest i jumped 51 points so im nervous about the score cancellation policy. Do you know if they will cancel it or anyone who jumped this much? Thanks
Case by case. What was your score?