Anyone applying to UIWRSO for Fall 16?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evorage

Midwestern AZCOPT C/O 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Just wondering if anyone has applied or is planning on applying to UIWRSO for next fall. Also any current UIW students that happen to come across this thread, how are you liking UIW? Any tips or advice for us hopefuls?

Members don't see this ad.

As a Texas resident, I'm definitely applying to UIWRSO for next Fall! My sister is interning there while completing a Masters in Counseling Psychology, and she has told me that it's a very nice school.

Awesome! I'm also a Texas resident, San Antonio to be exact, so uiwrso is at the top of my list of schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview there last week and found out I got accepted two days ago! Although I am deciding between UHCO and UIWRSO being a resident of Houston.

Congrats! How was your interview? I'm retaking my OAT in hopes of increasing my scores. I managed to get a 300 AA but my TS wasn't all that great due to lower scores in GC and OC. I've been out of school for 6 years so I felt encouraged by my first attempt and I know exactly where I need to improve.

The interview was great! It was very conversational and didn't feel like an interview at all. I think if you get an invite you're pretty much in. They know that your book smart since you got an interview and they just want to meet you and see your personality. Good luck!!

Current first year here, if you have any questions about the school id be happy to help

Hi, I just was accepted to the optometry program at UIWRSO, but I am not sure if I will go yet. Does anyone know about the externship sites they offer? I feel in love with the location of the school but I am somewhat nervous about deciding if I want to go to the school. Also, when do they start clinical exposure?

Hi, I just was accepted to the optometry program at UIWRSO, but I am not sure if I will go yet. Does anyone know about the externship sites they offer? I feel in love with the location of the school but I am somewhat nervous about deciding if I want to go to the school. Also, when do they start clinical exposure?

Clinic exposure starts first semester second year, I know you can find a list of externship sites online however I don't have the link right now.