Anyone applying to UW Madison?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emily722

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's early but Madison uses a rolling admissions process so technically we could hear back any day! Although I realize it will probably be much longer. Just wondering if there are any potential future classmates out there!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied! do you have any idea when they start sending acceptances/denials?

I applied as well! Even though they are rolling admissions I've heard that they take a while to send acceptances/denials, around December/January.

Members don't see this ad :)
i will be applying. eek my app isn't quite ready yet though! i plan on having all of my apps in by november 1.

I am debating about whether or not I should apply to this school. I've heard they pick applicants with their GRE in the 70th percentile. I did not do too well on mine. Does anyone applying to this school mind sharing their stats?

I applied to U W Madison as well. I am worried about getting in. My GPA is a 3.1 because of crazy life circumstances during college like father passing away, having a baby, etc. I think I make up for the low GPA since I am working at a hospital everyother weekend and a clinic full time during the week so I have close to 1000 hours. I also have great letters of recommendation. But still sooooo nervous!!

I applied and hoping to hear back soon. I heard from one school so far and that was within a week of applying!

My application was verified about a month ago now so I’m hoping this is the week I hear something. Has anyone heard back yet?

runnerchic -

my gre verbal and writing score are in the 78th percentile and my quant score is a dismal 53rd percentile.
don't worry though, although my gre scores are relatively good my cumulative gpa is pretty poor - just over a 3.0

we all have our weaknesses and strengths. the admissions committee has a tough job ahead of them!

Has anyone heard back yet from Wisconsin? I am very impatient when it comes to this waiting game. I know the deadline was yesterday and all but was hoping they would have sent some letters out before the deadline!

I applied also and have been impatiently waiting! No word yet.

I received an email today saying that the admissions committee has reviewed my application, and that my application remains under consideration. It said they hope to make final decisions and notify me of my application status by March. I'm assuming this means that they have already offered spots to fill the class then? Has anyone else heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email today saying that the admissions committee has reviewed my application, and that my application remains under consideration. It said they hope to make final decisions and notify me of my application status by March. I'm assuming this means that they have already offered spots to fill the class then? Has anyone else heard back?

When did you get everything turned in for the program? I had the grad secretary emailing me back and forth because there was a small error through the spreadsheet and they said everything looked good but I haven't heard anything since then and that was 10/29

When did you get everything turned in for the program? I had the grad secretary emailing me back and forth because there was a small error through the spreadsheet and they said everything looked good but I haven't heard anything since then and that was 10/29

I turned in the supplemental UW application and fee on Sep. 9th, which was shortly after I turned in my OTCAS application. This is the first thing I've heard from them since I submitted.

I don't want to read too much into the email they sent me, trying to stay positive!

I turned in the supplemental UW application and fee on Sep. 9th, which was shortly after I turned in my OTCAS application. This is the first thing I've heard from them since I submitted.

I don't want to read too much into the email they sent me, trying to stay positive!

Okay, thanks! Hopefully I'll hear something soon since I got my things in later than you. Good luck, keep staying positive!

My OTCAS was verified on the 24th and I turned in my supplement app on the same day, I still haven't heard anything either. But it sounds like soon maybe! I’m slightly paranoid that they didn’t get all my stuff though, I never called to double check.

i haven't heard anything. i received a form e-mail from the university's graduate admissions they'd received my supplemental app, but i haven't heard from the OT admissions committee. now i'm worried i didn't get the e-mail? my OTCAS wasn't verified until mid-November though. my guess is they waited this year until all the apps were in to begin reviewing instead of doing the rolling admissions that they did in years past.

ExceptionalSea,

That is the only email I have received as well, and none of my classmates who have applied have heard anything else either. I'm looking at it as a good thing because maybe I will be able to send them updated transcripts.

I also received the same email! I was thinking the same but have not heard from anyone else that has heard back at all? Is it your first choice?

No! I haven't received an email or anything at all. Online my application says it is still pending.

I applied to Madison in November and haven't gotten a decision yet either. I spoke to the admissions coordinator yesterday, and she said that the committee received a very high volume of applicants, and they are hoping to update all applicants' statuses by the beginning of March. This waiting is driving me crazy!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I just turned down my spot (since I got into UIC which is in-state and immensely more affordable for me), so hopefully that will free up a spot for one of you guys! Good luck!

Nothing yet. I'm actually meeting with the admissions coordinator on Friday for a department tour. I'll let you know if I get any news.

I did my undergrad at Madison and I loved it!!! I hope you enjoyed the tour! I did research with Dr. Benedict.

Reactions: 1 user
I found out by mail last week that I got in, good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear! Has anyone accepted yet? I am torn between them and U Puget Sound right now!

I found out by mail last week that I got in, good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear! Has anyone accepted yet? I am torn between them and U Puget Sound right now!
I was notified today that I am on the wait list. They did not specify what spot- really hoping that I am offered admission. Do you have a deadline for accepting the placement?

I ended up accepting the placement, and will be attending. Best of luck, I hope we will be classmates! Keep us updated!

I was notified today that I am on the wait list. They did not specify what spot- really hoping that I am offered admission. Do you have a deadline for accepting the placement?

I am still waiting on a decision and talked with them weeks ago and they said they would be sending them soon. Is your student services application tracker updated with your decision? If so when did they update it? I have been admitted to schools with previous systems and they were not updated right away so there was not point in checking but I keep checking Madison's in hopes that it will be updated. still no letter...

I ended up accepting the placement, and will be attending. Best of luck, I hope we will be classmates! Keep us updated!
Congrats! I am still waiting on a decision and talked with them weeks ago and they said they would be sending them soon. Is your student services application tracker updated with your decision? If so when did they update it? I have been admitted to schools with previous systems and they were not updated right away so there was not point in checking but I keep checking Madison's in hopes that it will be updated. still no letter...

Congrats! I am still waiting on a decision and talked with them weeks ago and they said they would be sending them soon. Is your student services application tracker updated with your decision? If so when did they update it? I have been admitted to schools with previous systems and they were not updated right away so there was not point in checking but I keep checking Madison's in hopes that it will be updated. still no letter...
Thanks! I totally understand, I checked it obsessively! My application was not updated online, I received a letter in the mail. So don't be discouraged that it hasn't changed, best of luck!!

I am still waiting on a decision and talked with them weeks ago and they said they would be sending them soon. Is your student services application tracker updated with your decision? If so when did they update it? I have been admitted to schools with previous systems and they were not updated right away so there was not point in checking but I keep checking Madison's in hopes that it will be updated. still no letter...
no- the system did not update. I just got an e-mail about the wait list. I inquired to see how far down the list I was, but Alexia is out until next Monday.

no- the system did not update. I just got an e-mail about the wait list. I inquired to see how far down the list I was, but Alexia is out until next Monday.

I've been put on the wait list also and waiting for Alexia to return to get some more info. I doubt she can give information on where anyone is on the wait list, but maybe she can tell us something.

I hope we both get some good news soon. I moved to Madison from Portland a few years back. It would be nice to have another Oregonian in the same class.

Last edited:
Would anyone thats heard back be willing to share your stats (GPA, GRE, volunteer hours/ work experience)? I have been waiting to hear back and have not received an email or a letter. Planning to visit next week because I cannot wait any longer but do not want to spend the time and money if I have no hope. Just trying to see where I am at with the other applicants.
Thanks! and congrats!

I've been put on the wait list also and waiting for Alexia to return to get some more info. I doubt she can give information on where anyone is on the wait list, but maybe she can tell us something.

I hope we both get some good news soon. I moved to Madison from Portland a few years back. It would be nice to have another Oregonian in the same class.

Would anyone thats heard back be willing to share your stats (GPA, GRE, volunteer hours/ work experience)? I have been waiting to hear back and have not received an email or a letter. Planning to visit next week because I cannot wait any longer but do not want to spend the time and money if I have no hope. Just trying to see where I am at with the other applicants.
Thanks! and congrats!

Thanks! and congrats!

Thanks! and congrats!

I was also put on the wait list but am hoping to find out more information this week. If anyone hears anything, please share!

Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.64
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: V 154, Q147, A 4.0
Observation: 50 hours in multiple OT settings, including pediatric clinic, pediatric hippotherapy, inpatient hospital, work & industry, mental health, and school.
Other Experience: 25 hours volunteering in a PT/OT clinic doing a program called Fitness for the Physically Challenged - cleaning, stocking treatment rooms, and assisting with group stretching sessions. 420-hour internship in childhood Exercise and Wellness.

If anyone else is willing to share theirs as well, that would be great! Thanks!

I was also put on the wait list but am hoping to find out more information this week. If anyone hears anything, please share!

Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.64
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: V 154, Q147, A 4.0
Observation: 50 hours in multiple OT settings, including pediatric clinic, pediatric hippotherapy, inpatient hospital, work & industry, mental health, and school.
Other Experience: 25 hours volunteering in a PT/OT clinic doing a program called Fitness for the Physically Challenged - cleaning, stocking treatment rooms, and assisting with group stretching sessions. 420-hour internship in childhood Exercise and Wellness.

If anyone else is willing to share theirs as well, that would be great! Thanks!

Are you from Wisconsin? I see that last year they accepted more than half of their students from in state so wondering if this will play part as well?

Are you from Wisconsin? I see that last year they accepted more than half of their students from in state so wondering if this will play part as well?
Yes, I am a Wisconsin resident.

I was wait listed as well. I get the feeling that this is a pretty long list.

I don't think being a Wisconsin resident is a factor in being offered a spot in the program. I think most of their applicants are from in state.

I received an e-mail from Alexia today saying I was "a strong position on the wait list" and she was "waiting to hear admission responses from a number of applicants." Good luck everyone! It looks like they are not giving out number slots for the wait list.

Has anyone on the wait list been accepted or heard anything new?

I have not heard anything- I was just accepted at Belmont though- so I will be attending there.

Congratulations on getting into Belmont!

Reactions: 1 user
Checking again... Has anyone on the wait list been accepted or heard anything about the status of the wait list?