Anyone at LECOM - Lake Erie?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greatdeals225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to LECOM?

Do you guys like it? dislike it? how are the classes/professors/students like? how's the weather like so far?

I'm thinking of applying, but I can't find much info about it, and if they do give me an interview, I will have a phone one, since I live on the east coast :p

If you guys aren't too busy, some helpful info on the school/program will be great!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

i'll be happy when i am done. never have i been happier than on the day i finished classes and started rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
RXLECOM07,

What is it about LECOM that you don't like? I'm just interested to know since I'm a first year student there. I'm only in my first semester, but what should I expect? You're making it sound horrible, so any advice, tips, hints, clues?????

It's too late for you...you're doomed

J/K...get note service if they still offer it, i didnt get it at first cause i thought i'd be super student and print out my own. its worth the extra money to have the piece of mind knowing that you have all the notes for the exam. and just dont allow yourself to get burnt out or frustrated w/ some of the teachers too much. it really takes away your motivation and desire to learn if you do. other than that, if you have specific questions on certain teachers, i can try and help.

oh and if you want a good laugh, goto google and do an image search for "John Ferretti"...my only clue other than that is STATUES...seriously ridiculous...

Oh yeah, and to answer the posters questions. The students for the most part are great, you're all in it together and once you find you have one thing in common - disliking your school - you really learn to help each other out.

Weather - LOL, I'm doing my rotations SOUTH and for good reason.

Professors - some are really good and if you're lucky you get one of them as your advisor, then there are the rest.....

Classes - missing some info IMO and have some that are worthless (like learning about acupuncture and feng shui instead of, oh i dont know, antibiotics and little more in depth perhaps?)

Classes - missing some info IMO and have some that are worthless (like learning about acupuncture and feng shui instead of, oh i dont know, antibiotics and little more in depth perhaps?)

feng shui? Isn't that some sort of interior decorating?! Please....tell me you're kidding about this. I start LECOM in the fall.

Alternative Medicine Class - do you know what Chi is? Ying Yang, balance of good and bad...yeah, we had lectures and were tested on that.

I can only hope after enough people complained they removed it from the class, but I can email you the notes just so you can see it for yourself.