Anyone attending school on scholarship??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcscott325

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone on here that is attending PT school on scholarship or grants... What scholarship/grant is it and how did you find out about that option?

I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find much info about scholarships for grad school-- most seem to be for undergrad only. Did you have to wait until you were accepted to apply? Did your school provide you this info? Are there any scholarship awards out there that cover significant portions of tuition?

Any info you all could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone on here that is attending PT school on scholarship or grants... What scholarship/grant is it and how did you find out about that option?

I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find much info about scholarships for grad school-- most seem to be for undergrad only. Did you have to wait until you were accepted to apply? Did your school provide you this info? Are there any scholarship awards out there that cover significant portions of tuition?

Any info you all could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

You really aren't going to find a private scholarship that will cover PT school. If you do, it's going to either be highly competitive or it's only going to be for about $500-1,000. My school offers a few $1,000 scholarships to its students but that's about it. I have also heard of private schools providing large scholarships, like $30,000, but you still have a lot to pay after that.

My school is good about letting us know if any scholarships are available but there really aren't many scholarships period for grad school. That's why a lot of people live at home and take out loans.

Some companies like Health South (I think) give you up to $5,000 for signing a contract to work with them after school. There are probably a few other SNF's that do that as well.

You really aren't going to find a private scholarship that will cover PT school. If you do, it's going to either be highly competitive or it's only going to be for about $500-1,000. My school offers a few $1,000 scholarships to its students but that's about it. I have also heard of private schools providing large scholarships, like $30,000, but you still have a lot to pay after that.

My school is good about letting us know if any scholarships are available but there really aren't many scholarships period for grad school. That's why a lot of people live at home and take out loans.

Some companies like Health South (I think) give you up to $5,000 for signing a contract to work with them after school. There are probably a few other SNF's that do that as well.

There are also some hospital systems that will do scholarships in return for working at the hospital for a certain time. The best one I've seen was 30k for 3 years of work. I haven't looked very hard, though, since I'm not even in school yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a $35K scholarship at my school. All my classmates have roughly the same scholarship size as well

I have a scholarship to receive in-state tuition as an out of state student at TWU (cutting tuition in half), plus another smallish scholarship and a grant offered by the school. Most scholarships I've seen for PT school (and there have not been that many) are offered by individual PT programs. I found out about them mainly by asking individual programs and current students of PT programs I was interested in. That's definitely something to research when you are looking for schools to apply to.

Thank you all for your posts! Tuition is a huge factor for me so I've been doing a lot of research on how to dwindle it down as much as possible.

@DPTHopeful921:

What school do you attend??

BU & Simmons (both in Boston) offered me about the same amount with admittance (each about $60k total), but BU's starting tuition was higher. WashU in St Louis sends out their scholarship info upon admittance, and those are pretty small. Several worth $1k, a few a little higher, maybe one that's $10k.

You would be better to find a program that offers Graduate Research Assistants or Graduate Assistants than finding scholarships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: 1 user
Which hospital offered the 30k in exchange for 3 year's of work if you dont mind asking?

MGH Institute of Health Professions offers merit scholarships upon admission -- I'm not sure how many are available, maybe 5-8?