Anyone consider career change to naturopathic medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I advise you to read Vaccination: A Mythical History by Roman Bystriayk and Suzanne Humphries MD. It 's an excellent article deconstructing the myth of the smallpox vaccine. The smallpox vaccine did not eradicate smallpox. It in fact led to the spread of the disease and death of more people. Smallpox was eradicated by isolation, attenuation, improved living conditions, nutrition and sanitation. Pay close attention to the city of Leicester, England in the article. It was a city that refused the smallpox vaccination in the 1800's.

If people don't study history it's very easy for them to be deceived. This is the protection of a billion dollar industry.

Members don't see this ad.

I advise you to read Vaccination: A Mythical History by Roman Bystriayk and Suzanne Humphries MD. It 's an excellent article deconstructing the myth of the smallpox vaccine. The smallpox vaccine did not eradicate smallpox. It in fact led to the spread of the disease and death of more people. Smallpox was eradicated by isolation, attenuation, improved living conditions, nutrition and sanitation. Pay close attention to the city of Leicester, England in the article. It was a city that refused the smallpox vaccination in the 1800's.
If people don't study history it's very easy for them to be deceived. This is the protection of a billion dollar industry.

If eradicating diseases is that easy, they why is smallpox the only disease to be eradicated? If, by your theory, nutrition, sanitation, yadayada leads to disease eradication, then why haven't all the other communicable diseases been eliminated via this method?

If eradicating diseases is that easy, they why is smallpox the only disease to be eradicated? If, by your theory, nutrition, sanitation, yadayada leads to disease eradication, then why haven't all the other communicable diseases been eliminated via this method?
you can't argue with this idiot - he spouts all this anti-vax crap. Don't waste your time, if you don't respond, he will shut up (I am guilty of feeding this troll as much as the next person), but I am signing out now

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
you can't argue with this idiot - he spouts all this anti-vax crap. Don't waste your time, if you don't respond, he will shut up (I am guilty of feeding this troll as much as the next person), but I am signing out now

I know you are right, I just would hate for some lurker to come along and be swayed by UnChained's propaganda.

Easy one there. There are different levels of sanitation and nutrition throughout the world. Try again.

I know you are right, I just would hate for some lurker to come along and be swayed by UnChained's propaganda.
very true - but what is funny is that @Unchained refuses to respond directly to me - I have pm'd him and directly asked him questions on another thread - but he refuses

very true - but what is funny is that @Unchained refuses to respond directly to me - I have pm'd him and directly asked him questions on another thread - but he refuses

Which makes his swipes about the death of a 3 year old even more sickening. Perhaps he is a Christian Scientist who believes the concept of disease is all in one's head (in which case, I'm not sure why he would be a pharmacist.)

Reactions: 1 users
Easy one there. There are different levels of sanitation and nutrition throughout the world. Try again.

Agreed, but then how was it that smallpox was eradicated? The different levels of sanitation & nutrition that keep all the other disease from disappearing, would have kept small pox from disappearing? Right? Explain to me the mechanism by which improved sanitation & nutrition eradicated smallpox, but failed to eradicate similar viruses like chickenpox.

Speaking of chickenpox, its amazing that up through the mid 90's, every year there would be chickenpox spikes, everybody knew people who had got the chickenpox that year. Then *suddenly* with the chickenpox vaccine introduction in the 90's, its very rare to ever hear of someone coming down with chicken pox. I can honestly say in the last 15 years, I have not personally known 1 person who had the chickenpox (unlike the years previous to that when I heard of at least 1 person, and usually more than 1 person each year, coming down with chicken pox.) And the US death rate from chicken pox has dropped from 150 deaths each year to almost non-existent. And you seriously expect people to believe that nutrition & sanitation were so greatly improved from the 1990's to the 2000's that chickenpox is now almost non-existent in the US?

Instead of blindly repeating what you read on some website, ask yourself, if what you are saying really makes any logical sense.

Agreed, but then how was it that smallpox was eradicated? The different levels of sanitation & nutrition that keep all the other disease from disappearing, would have kept small pox from disappearing? Right? Explain to me the mechanism by which improved sanitation & nutrition eradicated smallpox, but failed to eradicate similar viruses like chickenpox.

Speaking of chickenpox, its amazing that up through the mid 90's, every year there would be chickenpox spikes, everybody knew people who had got the chickenpox that year. Then *suddenly* with the chickenpox vaccine introduction in the 90's, its very rare to ever hear of someone coming down with chicken pox. I can honestly say in the last 15 years, I have not personally known 1 person who had the chickenpox (unlike the years previous to that when I heard of at least 1 person, and usually more than 1 person each year, coming down with chicken pox.) And the US death rate from chicken pox has dropped from 150 deaths each year to almost non-existent. And you seriously expect people to believe that nutrition & sanitation were so greatly improved from the 1990's to the 2000's that chickenpox is now almost non-existent in the US?

Instead of blindly repeating what you read on some website, ask yourself, if what you are saying really makes any logical sense.

When a new disease breaks out it is more deadly. This is not advantageous for it as it kills its host too fast. It will mutate to a less deadly form in order to allow it to spread to more hosts. The population by this time will have gained enough immunity to overcome the less deadly form. The Edward Jenner story is a fairy tale. It sounds good to college kids.

The chicken pox vaccine is an example of a vaccine which is effective but unnecessary. Chicken pox has never been particularly deadly or disfiguring. The only way it makes sense from an economic point of view is that the parent misses less work. We are injecting our children with chemicals so we can miss less work? Does that sound ethical. One thing the chicken pox vaccine has led to is more cases of shingles. Children walking around with chicken pox stimulated the immune systems of young and old thus suppressing shingles. This is well documented. There was a spike in shingles cases among young and old after the vaccine was mandated back in the mid 90's. But don't worry we have zostavax which is 51% for 3.1 years. Another waste of money.

[

Here's your direct response. This is from the CDC's website. There were 92 lab confirmed pediatric deaths in the US as of February 21st, 2015 with a mean age of 7.2. This is out of a population of 300 million. You expect me to believe that the flu vaccine prevented pediatric deaths? What is probably more shocking is I bet you half of them were vaccinated with the flu vaccine. The CDC themselves said it was only 23% effective in 2015. Yet there were only 23 confirmed deaths? What more evidence do you need.

I'll tell you what is also sad is despite there being only 92 pediatric deaths CNN decided to put this family on the air. This was for one purpose only. Big Pharma wrote the media a nice big check. It was a scare tactic to make all the parents run out and inject their kids with the vaccine which didn't work against the virus which wasn't very deadly.

If you want to find the answers in life it's usually fairly easy. Just follow the money.

[

Here's your direct response. This is from the CDC's website. There were 92 lab confirmed pediatric deaths in the US as of February 21st, 2015 with a mean age of 7.2. This is out of a population of 300 million. You expect me to believe that the flu vaccine prevented pediatric deaths? What is probably more shocking is I bet you half of them were vaccinated with the flu vaccine. The CDC themselves said it was only 23% effective in 2015. Yet there were only 23 confirmed deaths? What more evidence do you need.

I'll tell you what is also sad is despite there being only 92 pediatric deaths CNN decided to put this family on the air. This was for one purpose only. Big Pharma wrote the media a nice big check. It was a scare tactic to make all the parents run out and inject their kids with the vaccine which didn't work against the virus which wasn't very deadly.

If you want to find the answers in life it's usually fairly easy. Just follow the money.
You completely contradicted yourself - on one hand you saw 92 confirmed deaths (lab confirmed) and then you saw 23 confirmed deaths? Only nearly a 4 fold difference in your stats. So I am supposed to believe someone that can't do basic math? Also, I witnessed a death due to flu complications yesterday. The official cause of death will likely be a PE - but a contributing factor is influenza B - and I am guessing that are 1,000 of cases similiar to this every year.

When a new disease breaks out it is more deadly. This is not advantageous for it as it kills its host too fast. It will mutate to a less deadly form in order to allow it to spread to more hosts. The population by this time will have gained enough immunity to overcome the less deadly form. The Edward Jenner story is a fairy tale. It sounds good to college kids.

The chicken pox vaccine is an example of a vaccine which is effective but unnecessary. Chicken pox has never been particularly deadly or disfiguring. The only way it makes sense from an economic point of view is that the parent misses less work. We are injecting our children with chemicals so we can miss less work? Does that sound ethical. One thing the chicken pox vaccine has led to is more cases of shingles. Children walking around with chicken pox stimulated the immune systems of young and old thus suppressing shingles. This is well documented. There was a spike in shingles cases among young and old after the vaccine was mandated back in the mid 90's. But don't worry we have zostavax which is 51% for 3.1 years. Another waste of money.

I seriously wonder if you are purposely refusing to see the point, or if you are so inundated with propaganda, that you no longer realizes when when the propaganda makes no sense. #1 we are talking about vaccine effectiveness, not whether or not the overall benefit is worth the cost. Your theory in this thread is that vaccines don't work, the statistics I gave for the chicken pox vaccine clearly show it does. I also believe that statistics clearly show that the smallpox vaccine worked. I would say the statistics clearly show that almost all vaccines work (although we all know & admit the effectiveness of the influenza vaccine changes every year.)

So quit ignoring the post we are discussing with irrelevant information. So now you FINALLY admit that the chicken pox vaccine is effective. So, I'm interested in your explanation on how scientists were able to develop an effective chickenpox vaccine, but according to you, all other vaccines are ineffective??? Seriously??? It really seems like you are just making up stuff because you hate vaccines, first its "oh they don't work", and then when you are shown they do work its "oh well the disease they treated really isn't that bad.)

Yes, chicken pox was never a major killer, but I am sure the families of the 150 deaths that previously occurred each year before the chicken pox vaccine, don't view their lost family member as just an inconsequential number.

I seriously wonder if you are purposely refusing to see the point, or if you are so inundated with propaganda, that you no longer realizes when when the propaganda makes no sense. #1 we are talking about vaccine effectiveness, not whether or not the overall benefit is worth the cost. Your theory in this thread is that vaccines don't work, the statistics I gave for the chicken pox vaccine clearly show it does. I also believe that statistics clearly show that the smallpox vaccine worked. I would say the statistics clearly show that almost all vaccines work (although we all know & admit the effectiveness of the influenza vaccine changes every year.)

So quit ignoring the post we are discussing with irrelevant information. So now you FINALLY admit that the chicken pox vaccine is effective. So, I'm interested in your explanation on how scientists were able to develop an effective chickenpox vaccine, but according to you, all other vaccines are ineffective??? Seriously??? It really seems like you are just making up stuff because you hate vaccines, first its "oh they don't work", and then when you are shown they do work its "oh well the disease they treated really isn't that bad.)

Yes, chicken pox was never a major killer, but I am sure the families of the 150 deaths that previously occurred each year before the chicken pox vaccine, don't view their lost family member as just an inconsequential number.
arguing with this guy is like trying to talk logic to a 3 year year old - you will never get through, I am convinced he is either:
1. a complete troll who just uses this as his pasttime
2. Dr Andrew Wakefield who has nothing better to do than troll message boards
3. a complete wack job

I do have doubts he is an actual pharmacist - I DEMAND PROOF- a copy of your diploma, a copy of his transcripts

Members don't see this ad :)
I am already PharmD but this area seems to be getting popular but I don't know very much about this field? Anyone thought about this? What are good and bad about having a degree in naturopathic medicine (ND)?

I haven't showered in a few days, if that's what you're asking.

The NP/chiropractor I know did not have his children or his grandchildren vaccinated for anything.

Then the NP/Chiroprator you know either has been very thoroughly duped or is just a deplorable human being.

We are injecting our children with chemicals

If you never gave your child any chemicals I believe CPS would come take them away from you.

You're a pharmacist and you use the word "chemicals" like all the sensationalist articles do? Give me a break...

Reactions: 4 users
If you never gave your child any chemicals I believe CPS would come take them away from you.

You're a pharmacist and you use the word "chemicals" like all the sensationalist articles do? Give me a break...

No they wouldn't. We still have individual rights here in the US. You can refuse to give your child the chemicals from a lab in India if you philosophically or religiously are opposed to them. Your child can still attend school in all but two states if you choose to refuse. The CDC recommends 46 vaccinations by age 6 here. We have a vaccination epidemic in the United States. It's out of control.

Then the NP/Chiroprator you know either has been very thoroughly duped or is just a deplorable human being.

You would be surprised at what you don't know or don't understand. Maybe someday you will. He's likely the only person practicing in the US who has mixed Eastern medicine, chiro and NP. He doesn't take insurance. What he does is amazing. I don't blame anyone for not believing. I wouldn't if I didn't see it for myself.

You would be surprised at what you don't know or don't understand. Maybe someday you will. He's likely the only person practicing in the US who has mixed Eastern medicine, chiro and NP. He doesn't take insurance. What he does is amazing. I don't blame anyone for not believing. I wouldn't if I didn't see it for myself.
You think there's only one Chiro/np in the US who had training in eastern medicine? Now I understand why you're so afraid of thimerosol-induced brain damage: you have so little function left to lose.

Reactions: 2 users

Smallpox wasn't a new disease, genius. We have records of it fading back to antiquity.

Somebody's been drinking his own Kool-aid. Funny when that happens. One day, you're a guy trying to make an extra buck with a bit of scamming. But as time goes on, you buy more and more into your own craziness and lies until the next thing you know you end up being as ignorant as your own victims, your own mind consumed by its greed, foolishness, and lies.

Perhaps my favorite example of this is L. Ron Hubbard. In the end, he went full-on crazy, really believing his own lies. You see the same thing with chiros and naturopaths and homeopaths though. Personally I'm hoping we get a nice new virus with a high mortality rate that can easily be vaccinated against so that all of these people get killed off and we can put the whole thing to rest. When natural selection is too thoroughly interrupted, you end up with this sort of weapons-grade derp threatening the human race.

No they wouldn't. We still have individual rights here in the US.

You cannot legally refuse to give your child chemicals. Water is a chemical. Glucose is a chemical. These are necessary for survival and your responsibility as a parent is to promote your child's survival.

You, of all people, as a "pharmacist" should have the knowledge to not use the word chemicals incorrectly.

Ok no more. I've said my stupid little piece.

:troll:

I DEMAND TO SEE AN ACTUAL PHARMACY LICENSE

Reactions: 6 users
Ah yes, the magic of the internet. Anyone can be a "pharmacist" or a "doctor" or a "world-renown" scholar, or anything else they want to be.

Another possibility is that Unchained is a pharmacist, but s/he is a retired pharmacist who got their license from a 3-yr program back in 1955. If they never did any CE on vaccinations, that could explain why they apparently are not up on vaccine technology.

Vaccines, like anything, aren't 100% safe. Neither is water. That is why the US government has the Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund. And unfortunately, there is no way to know who will be the unfortunate individual who reacts badly to a vaccine (although hopefully as genetic mapping progresses, it will be possible in the future to tell this.) But for the average person, the benefits of getting vaccinated far outweigh the risks.

Sigh, the public school system is already filled with educational mandates (usually unfunded), but I really think vaccine education should be added into health and/or childcare classes in public schools (private schools too, but they would have to do so voluntarily.) The fact that the anti-vaccine movement is growning, in spite of the evidence against it, shows that Americans need more educations about vaccines. There will always be some highly educated person who sells out to "woo", but strong education will make it less likely that people fall victim to scams, such as the anti-vaccine movement.

I doubt it says: John "Unchained" Smith
yes, and my request is as absolutely as absurd as @Unchained request to see the death certificate of my friend's three year old daughter. That of which he has still refused to apologize for being a royal, first class, a-hole.

Why is it your responsibility to influence "lurkers" from considering UnChained's "propaganda"? Don't you trust that the average person has enough intelligence to research the facts and statistics for themselves? That's quite arrogant of you in all honesty. Or maybe it's that you are concerned the average person DOES have enough intelligence to research the facts and statistics for themselves... and for whatever reason (your own agenda at play), you'd rather that they don't?
The fact is that you do not need to be a practicing MD or have a PhD in immunology to read and understand some basic historical statistics.

A very informative presentation from Dr Raymond Obomsawin - he presents the facts and only the facts; you'll find it answers many of your above questions regarding the eradication of smallpox and several other diseases throughout recent history. The eradication of smallpox had absolutely nothing to do with mass vaccination programs, and in fact, as the statistics demonstrate, the higher the uptake of smallpox vaccines in many regions, the worse the epidemic. Do not ignore historical fact! It can tell you a lot about where humanity has come from, and where we are headed...

I DEMAND TO SEE AN ACTUAL PHARMACY LICENSE
Why? Is denigration of one's credentials (or perhaps lack thereof) the only card you have to play in these situations? By "these situations", I mean situations where it's plain obvious that the statistical and historical data is in conflict with your personal biases. Whether UnChained has a piece of paper or not does not change the unfortunate truth about mass vaccination programs - that their effectiveness has never been proven. And that sadly, there are many otherwise intelligent people out there who simply do not want to know the truth about the industry, or the history behind how it has become what it is today, based on lies and data manipulation cleverly and deliberately designed to mislead the public.
The mere fact you insinuate that there only possible way a disease could be eradicated is through a mass vaccination program is crazy. Do you know how many diseases throughout history disappeared all by themselves, with no vaccine ever developed? How did that happen? Must be magic.

Why? Is denigration of one's credentials (or perhaps lack thereof) the only card you have to play in these situations? By "these situations", I mean situations where it's plain obvious that the statistical and historical data is in conflict with your personal biases. Whether UnChained has a piece of paper or not does not change the unfortunate truth about mass vaccination programs - that their effectiveness has never been proven. And that sadly, there are many otherwise intelligent people out there who simply do not want to know the truth about the industry, or the history behind how it has become what it is today, based on lies and data manipulation cleverly and deliberately designed to mislead the public.
The mere fact you insinuate that there only possible way a disease could be eradicated is through a mass vaccination program is crazy. Do you know how many diseases throughout history disappeared all by themselves, with no vaccine ever developed? How did that happen? Must be magic.
ban this dumass - opening a second account to try to make someone believe there is another equally idiotic fool out there that believes this crap is nonsense

my comment was in regard to when I was asked to show the death certificate of my friend's 2 year old daughter that died from the flu this year because unchained in an insensitive royal first class douche bag