Anyone else behind in TBR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverance7779311

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, currently im using TBR for content review and i feel like i am so behind!! Does anyone else feel like TBR takes forever to go through?

Members don't see this ad.

Same here! I am on the 3 month study plan with my MCAT on June 6th. Most of the chapters are around 80 pages, and it takes a very long time to get all of the facts, equations and everything else put down on notecards. I am about a week behind, but luckily I have only 5 chapters left! Have you had trouble making yourself do the verbal passages each day? I find it easier to just do a 2-3 full lengths a week and get it over with.

thanks for chiming in! Yea mines on June 5. Thats good that you have just 5 chapters left! oh ok, that does free up some time doing 2-3 full lengths a week. The TBR science passages just take me forever to go through!

thanks for chiming in! Yea mines on June 5. Thats good that you have just 5 chapters left! oh ok, that does free up some time doing 2-3 full lengths a week. The TBR science passages just take me forever to go through!

Yeah, doing the problems takes forever... I find that sometimes I can knock out 2-3 chapters one day (in 9-10 hours) and then the next day I am worthless. Are you in school/working? I graduated, but the problem is I have to work 40-50 hours a week to pay rent and bills so it screws with my study schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I work full time too...graduated also. Wow! How are you able to fit in 9-10 hours a day? Please tell me because i can barely work in 6 hours of extra time and I would love to try to fit in more time....maybe ill just have to force myself. So when you do the 2-3 chapters a day, does it include the passages?

Yea I work full time too...graduated also. Wow! How are you able to fit in 9-10 hours a day? Please tell me because i can barely work in 6 hours of extra time and I would love to try to fit in more time....maybe ill just have to force myself. So when you do the 2-3 chapters a day, does it include the passages?

I work 10-12 hour shifts as a scribe and then tutor at odd hours so some days I wouldn't be able to work on it at all due to my job, and that's when I have to play catch up. And yes, I can typically get a chapter read and put on notecards in 1.5-2 hours and then 1/3 of the 100 questions in 1 hour or less. The catch up days suck... and today is one of them. I am just procrastinating as I get ready to start the GChem Chapter 9 problems. I try to work until 11pm some nights, but always quit by 11 because it doesn't do much good to go later. I feel your pain man.

Those books may not be right or the best for you, even though they're touted strongly on these boards. I bought all of them but only used the chemistry one because I preferred TPR's organic, Kaplan's biology, and Nova's physics to the TBR equivalents. Good luck!

Edit: I meant for content review. The physics passages were very helpful, though.

I used them and remember always falling behind but they are really good if you can get them all done

I went through the TBR Phy, Chem and Orgo. They are relatively hard and boring to go through. They are also great at teaching you what you need to know. I highly recommend sticking with them and not getting discouraged.

Try to go on MCAT-review.org and briefly skim over the topics that you are going to learn. Then watch Chad's videos and you'll be flying through the chapters....that's what I did, learned a lot!