Anyone else feel awesome after submitting AMCAS today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woltej1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's a small step, but it feels so nice just to get the damn thing off and going after months of prep.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I know it's a small step, but it feels so nice just to get the damn thing off and going after months of prep.

It's a great feeling! Enjoy it while it lasts, because soon you're going to be swamped with secondaries, interview prep, and finally anxious waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
yea, especially after my app got verified 5 hrs later and didn't get sent back :). such a relief after months of hardwork on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, especially after my app got verified 5 hrs later and didn't get sent back :). such a relief after months of hardwork on it.
your app is already verified?

yes, took 5 hours. I was so relieved.
I never heard of a turn around that quick. I applied at noon so that'd be sweet to have this thing back by tonight or tomorrow. Too bad I have a couple LORs dragging their feet until the end of this week.

I never heard of a turn around that quick. I applied at noon so that'd be sweet to have this thing back by tonight or tomorrow. Too bad I have a couple LORs dragging their feet until the end of this week.

Me neither. I submitted like 3 minutes after it opened though. the amcas is awesome this year, if I'd estimate i'd say that your app is either going to be verified within the next 4 hrs or sometime tomorrow.

your app is already verified?

yes, took 5 hours. I was so relieved.

Not sure what you mean by verified? Typically it takes around a month for the application to be "Processed" and for medical schools to actually be able to look through them, but I could be wrong. If that is the case, Lucky you!
:soexcited:

Awesome, great to hear that things are moving quickly this year! Congrats to all who have submitted - can't wait to join you all later this week once I get a final read-through from my advisors!

Not sure what you mean by verified? Typically it takes around a month for the application to be "Processed" and for medical schools to actually be able to look through them, but I could be wrong. If that is the case, Lucky you!

Verified means AMCAS has reviewed your application, confirmed your transcripts/classes/GPA, etc. This is the first step in submission, and later in the season can take multiple weeks. AMCAS will forward all verified applications to the medical schools at the end of June; after that, applications are sent as soon as they have been verified.

Thank you LaceyMD for clearing that up for me!

processed is the same as verified. I got processed five hours later.

Feels so good to be done...for now. Good luck everyone!

Me neither. I submitted like 3 minutes after it opened though. the amcas is awesome this year, if I'd estimate i'd say that your app is either going to be verified within the next 4 hrs or sometime tomorrow.

I submitted mine 4 minutes after it opened & mines isn't verified yet. I guess 1 minute makes a huge difference.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it feels good... I was literally in the process of linking the "office space" feels good to be a gangsta but I really forgot how much language there is in that thing....I must have seen the edited TV version or something

I submitted at 10am and was verified by 2:30. My buddy submitted at 9:38 and was verified before 11 this morning. I was shocked the turnaround was that fast.

I submitted at 10am and was verified by 2:30. My buddy submitted at 9:38 and was verified before 11 this morning. I was shocked the turnaround was that fast.

WAIT...why didn't I get verified? :arghh: I submitted mine at 9:33 and 55 seconds.....

^Guys, don't freak out about not being verified 15 minutes after you've submitted :D. You all are in a really great place submitting on the very first day, so just relax, enjoy your life, and gather A LOT of energy for those secondaries. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
True, I saw on another thread that only SOME of the "9:30 people" have been verified today. As a 12:30 person, maybe we should expect verification in the next day or two?

^Guys, don't freak out about not being verified 15 minutes after you've submitted :D. You all are in a really great place submitting on the very first day, so just relax, enjoy your life, and gather A LOT of energy for those secondaries. Good luck!

Hahah Sorry, I didn't mean to overreact. :p

Time to Partay! And by Partay I mean cry as I pre-write a million secondaries and tell every school why they are the greatest thing in the world since sliced bread.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted 1 minute 38 seconds after it opened at 9:30, but my transcript has been taking forever to get there, which is so frustrating. I put a request to have my transcript sent 3 weeks ago, come to find out, my university just sent it last week. I expect it'll reach AMCAS this week, but take an additional 10 days before it's marked as received. Kind of defeats the purpose of submitting on the first day, when you have to wait an additional two weeks or more just to get verified. I hope this doesn't put me behind the crowd. But based on some other posts, I guess as long as it's verified before June 27, we should be alright.

Mine says it's on "financial hold". I'm not sure what this means since my balance was $0.00. Maybe it's because of FAP?

I skipped the work and had an awesome day, now about to sit in bed to watch a movie with boyfriend, and did anyone say Ben & Jerry's?
Now, how much longer will we have before secondaries come, anyone knows?

I skipped the work and had an awesome day, now about to sit in bed to watch a movie with boyfriend, and did anyone say Ben & Jerry's?
Now, how much longer will we have before secondaries come, anyone knows?
Schools won't even see your apps until the 27th...

Mine says it's on "financial hold". I'm not sure what this means since my balance was $0.00. Maybe it's because of FAP?
Strange, although it's possible it's an issue with your Bank. It can take anywhere between 2-3 days for a payment to draft from your account.

I will not feel 'awesome' until I'm accepted.

Strange, although it's possible it's an issue with your Bank. It can take anywhere between 2-3 days for a payment to draft from your account.

I didn't have a payment. I had FAP so my balance was $0.00.

What type of prep should i do months before summiting my app ?

Last edited:
Oh man. I feel really excited and relieved to have finally submitted, because it's awesome to have it no longer in my hands to obsess over, but as soon as I clicked that button I began doubting EVERYTHING in my application hahaha. Just gotta put it behind me and move on to writing 219070950 secondary essays haha :)

after finding out that are apps arent sent to schools until june 27th i'm feeling slightly less awesome, but still in "**** yea I finished the primary app" mode. Nothing can ruin that happiness for now. Cheers to hopefully never writing an amcas personal statement again. 58 drafts of editting (actually more like 60), never again.

Last edited:
I was actually under the impression (based on my status page on AMCAS) that my app had already been sent out to the schools? Could anyone share where the 6/27 date is coming from?
AMCAS forwards verified applications to schools on the last Friday in June, so this year it is the 27th. The only things I could really find with this in writing are https://www.aamc.org/download/262746/data/coabulletin10.17.pdf
https://www.aamc.org/students/advisors/ais/267604/amcasdataretentionpolicy.html

Considering that last cycle I didn't submit until early August, and wasn't verified until late September...having everything done within the first week of June feels AWESOME!!!

I had nightmares All. Night. about submitting something that was full of errors, poorly written, or otherwise screwed up. My favorite was a dream in which I listed individual Pokemon as hobbies. I woke up thinking, "I don't think Pikachu deserves his own listing."

I had nightmares All. Night. about submitting something that was full of errors, poorly written, or otherwise screwed up. My favorite was a dream in which I listed individual Pokemon as hobbies. I woke up thinking, "I don't think Pikachu deserves his own listing."

Ok yeah this has been my experience since submitting hahah minus the pokemon... That's awesome.

I had a dream that my personal statement was magically changed to "I wanna go to SGU. Dickbutt." and I submitted it without thinking. Luckily I woke up and was like "Lol shouldn't have read those blogs on Carribean schools"

The other was that I was asked to retake the MCAT for a new job and then the void screen froze.