Anyone else feeling this already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HalfListic

Reaction score

22624830.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Hahaha yes. 2 down for me......??? How many to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do. I just want to get this over with already. 3 down and quite a bit left to go.

No, because I'm still waiting for my DO letter writer to write the damn letter :(

Nope. Look at them and have no desire. Have a 3 day weekend coming up, keep telling myself that those are the days! Still waiting on a DO to shadow, time to start personally visiting offices. Also waiting on my pre-med committee, they said the letter will be done "within a few weeks". So I'm not the only thing holding myself back!

:rolleyes: This is how I was. You have quite a bit on your plate!

Yea, my plan is to write most of them this weekend. It's supposed to be 108 degrees outside so I won't be leaving my apartment for any reason whatsoever.

This, if only med school applications were tax deductable lol

This. So much this.

But ya, I just want to get all of these secondaries in ASAP so don't have to look at another prompt for at least (?) a few months.

Members don't see this ad :)

22624830.jpg

While I'd be lying if I said I don't want more, those essays are kicking my butt! It takes me so very long to write anything on them and it always sounds like crap to me. I am NOT good at writing. lol

Yea, my plan is to write most of them this weekend. It's supposed to be 108 degrees outside so I won't be leaving my apartment for any reason whatsoever.

Sheesh, where do you live? I'm in southern Utah right by Arizona and it's been triple digits every day for the past few weeks. Summer has started.

While I'd be lying if I said I don't want more, those essays are kicking my butt! It takes me so very long to write anything on them and it always sounds like crap to me. I am NOT good at writing. lol

haha, I hear ya. I don't enjoy it either. I had a lot pre written so now I just have a bunch of paragraphs that I mix and match for the different essays...

I am very ready for the essays to be done with and the interview season to begin!

I think Im going to rent an aston martin to drive to each interview. Then, when I arrive to the school, I can speed up to the front doors and do some donuts in the parking lot for a few minutes, so they can see what they're getting with choosing me. I bet they'll be pretty impressed ...

haha, I hear ya. I don't enjoy it either. I had a lot pre written so now I just have a bunch of paragraphs that I mix and match for the different essays...

I am very ready for the essays to be done with and the interview season to begin!

I think Im going to rent an aston martin to drive to each interview. Then, when I arrive to the school, I can speed up to the front doors and do some donuts in the parking lot for a few minutes, so they can see what they're getting with choosing me. I bet they'll be pretty impressed ...

Hahaha yes! Show up in a white tux too...

Only thing that would make that suit better is a cain.

What schools have released their secondaries besides the A.T. Stills?

Im done with the two I've got. Anxiously checking emails every hour or so for any more....ugh. On the bright side I'm going to look at suits for interview season!

Im done with the two I've got. Anxiously checking emails every hour or so for any more....ugh. On the bright side I'm going to look at suits for interview season!

Nice! New suits are da bomb! I already got my interview suit so I have no fun activities to look forward to besides secondary essays

Nice! New suits are da bomb! I already got my interview suit so I have no fun activities to look forward to besides secondary essays

Getting the secondaries is definitely a rush....filling them out is another story haha

For those of you who are having trouble with secondaries, I would focus on the secondaries by WesternU at Pomona. They have 4 essays and overall, they pretty much cover everything. I have been making small tweaks to their secondary essays for nearly every other school's secondary.

ex.
-Why our school?
-Why DO?
-Experience serving underprivileged areas?

For those of you who are having trouble with secondaries, I would focus on the secondaries by WesternU at Pomona. They have 4 essays and overall, they pretty much cover everything. I have been making small tweaks to their secondary essays for nearly every other school's secondary.

ex.
-Why our school?
-Why DO?

You received their secondary already?

Is the secondary for MSU the same as last year?

Yes...did your heels in! Its a beast...

(to be more accurate, I dont know for sure what last years was, but its the same as whats been posted on SDN in other threads)

Sheesh, where do you live? I'm in southern Utah right by Arizona and it's been triple digits every day for the past few weeks. Summer has started.

St. Louis, Missouri! Heatwave this week apparently. It was 109 today :thumbdown:

ex.
-Why our school?
-Why DO?

Thanks for that. I'll start there :)

Yes...did your heels in! Its a beast...

(to be more accurate, I dont know for sure what last years was, but its the same as whats been posted on SDN in other threads)

Ha, sucks for all you MSU applicant ;)

Ha, sucks for all you MSU applicant ;)

For real! I actually decided not to apply here because of the evaluation forms I'd have to get my letter writers to fill out. Coupled with the 80K tuition = not worth it. Plenty of other great schools.

For real! I actually decided not to apply here because of the evaluation forms I'd have to get my letter writers to fill out. Coupled with the 80K tuition = not worth it. Plenty of other great schools.

Yeah I couldn't make up my mind if it was worth it or not so I ended up applying. Hopefully I didn't waste $32 and don't even fill out the secondary. Lol

Yeah I couldn't make up my mind if it was worth it or not so I ended up applying. Hopefully I didn't waste $32 and don't even fill out the secondary. Lol

Wasting $32 is better than wasting the secondary fee.. and better than wasting the ~30-40k difference in tuition per year.

Wasting $32 is better than wasting the secondary fee.. and better than wasting the ~30-40k difference in tuition per year.

Yeah but I'd also rather pay the secondary fee and waste ~30k per year in tuition if that was the only school that accepted me this cycle just so I wouldn't have to apply another cycle. Lol

Yeah but I'd also rather pay the secondary fee and waste ~30k per year in tuition if that was the only school that accepted me this cycle just so I wouldn't have to apply another cycle. Lol

I'd be surprised an OOS got into MSU and nowhere else. Not like it's easy to get into MSU.

I'd be surprised an OOS got into MSU and nowhere else. Not like it's easy to get into MSU.

Ok you got me! I was just playing devils advocate, and trying very hard to justify my $32! Ha ha ha!

Every time I see the title of this thread I want to say, "I know that feel bro." lol

Ok you got me! I was just playing devils advocate, and trying very hard to justify my $32! Ha ha ha!

Maybe MSU will give you a nice scholarship :)

I see that some people already have secondaries form MSU. Does this mean if your app is released already but you don't have a secondary yet that MSU isn't going to send one and that you are rejected?

I see that some people already have secondaries form MSU. Does this mean if your app is released already but you don't have a secondary yet that MSU isn't going to send one and that you are rejected?

Yes

JK, no...while I always act anxious and ready to move to the next step, its mostly in jest...this is a long process. We'll be getting secondaries for weeks so sit back, pre-write and go golf or something. You should know if you hit the minimum cutoffs for Amy given school and that's all a secondary usually is. ;)

Yes

JK, no...while I always act anxious and ready to move to the next step, its mostly in jest...this is a long process. We'll be getting secondaries for weeks so sit back, pre-write and go golf or something. You should know if you hit the minimum cutoffs for Amy given school and that's all a secondary usually is. ;)

Thanks. :)

Every time I see the title of this thread I want to say, "I know that feel bro." lol

Ahahaha. I love it when people say that.

You received their secondary already?

I am a reapplicant and for the most part, secondary essays don't change from year to year. You can easily go to the school specific area, check a previous year, and find the secondary that way.

CCOM, coming alive and sending out their secondary! Woot.

Ill update the secondary thread if it's not already

Anybody else have their phone hooked up to their email? Everytime I receive a new email I get pumped up thinking its another secondary....but NOPE! Just emails from banana republic or volunteer stuff ugh!

Anybody else have their phone hooked up to their email? Everytime I receive a new email I get pumped up thinking its another secondary....but NOPE! Just emails from banana republic or volunteer stuff ugh!

haha, yes... Or at my computer, it makes a noise when mail comes in. Instantly check every time

Just emailed AACOM and they said all the DO secondaries have been sent out. If you haven't gotten one, consider it a rejection.

:D