Anyone else get email rejection from UC Davis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got rejected by email. But I just sent a letter of interest so I'm wondering if this was a mass email or a result of my letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it yesterday :(

yup. called yesterday. think they are making last decisions it seems this week.

Do they choose not to tell OOS students anything? I have heard nothing from them...

Do they choose not to tell OOS students anything? I have heard nothing from them...

I am in-state, and have heard nothing (been complete since october)
i would be happy for even a rejection at this point - i just want to know what the heck is going on...

I still haven't heard anything, haven't even gotten a secondary...what's up with that?

Just got rejected by email. But I just sent a letter of interest so I'm wondering if this was a mass email or a result of my letter.

I got one yesterday. I've also called them about updates and they say that they aren't taking any this year because they're so backed up. They all go into a drawer or something.

Got one too. Ah, good 'ole mass Email rejection.

seems a bit harsh to do mass email rejections... is Davis one of the few to do this? or is this normal? I thought they at least paid postage for rejection letters...

o that's so funny. i got mine too after making my 2nd status check call (1st one last week). i thought it was the result of me bugging them, but i was certainly relieved--would rather know now than later.

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys that got letters, was it post- or pre-interview?

I'll join the party too.

Screw UC Davis

I'm still waiting for an interview! How do they reject preinterview? - I'd rather not find out myself so maybe someone can tell me.

Blah, got the email right after visiting a friend at UC Davis over the weekend. I was about to write an update letter too! Haha I guess this saves me the trouble.

I'm still waiting for an interview! How do they reject preinterview? - I'd rather not find out myself so maybe someone can tell me.

Email. This was pre-interview. Apparently we aren't even worth the paper to print a rejection letter on.

Well, until I hear of anyone getting one of these on Thursday, I guess it back to waiting until the next adcom meeting.

oh man..now im worried...

I just got a hold preinterview at UCSD...

Dreading the UC-davis e-mail =(

hello all you peeps that got emails.. is it pre or post interview?!

I still haven't heard anything, haven't even gotten a secondary...what's up with that?

Seriously..ucla and uc irvine give me a secondary and uc davis completely ignores me. Thanks alot davis!

Hey alwaysangel, I saw your reply, but none of the 6+ other people that got the email said anything about their interview status..

I can almost guarantee you they were all pre-interview. Most schools send out rejections in batches and they're usually the same type.

great, thanks.. i wonder if anyone who has had an interview has gotten a rejection yet?

great, thanks.. i wonder if anyone who has had an interview has gotten a rejection yet?

yes, a couple of rejections and a bunch of holds. a few acceptances. check out the other Davis Final Decisions thread. the current thread seems to mostly be for pre-int folks.

I wondered the same thing as the OP too. I sent in a LOI, and shortly thereafter I received the email. I wonder.. at other schools I was told that the LOI is what made them interested in me. But maybe at Davis it works against..

Any more rejections sent out? Just wondering if they are sending out small batches of rejections each week or what. I have called twice and each time they told me a decision had been made and I will be hearing shortly... but then nearly a month later I still haven't heard a word!

Email rejections are SO lame. I've been "avoiding" rejections lately by not checking my mail, so that email took me by surprise. :oops: