Anyone else get the vibe that your professors hate you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBatman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This isn't supposed to be an amusing topic but rather serious one. Not to turn this into a sexist argument but it's only with the female professors. Every male professor i've had seemed to actually like me. The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't supposed to be an amusing topic but rather serious one. Not to turn this into a sexist argument but it's only with the female professors. Every male professor i've had seemed to actually like me. The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.

:lol:

Reactions: 22 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's like blaming being rejected by a school on your female interviewer being attracted to you.

I predict good things for this thread. Get ready for pain, OP.

Reactions: 10 users
well, the only way to really find out is to make yourself extremely unattractive and see how they treat you.

Reactions: 4 users
You can't be serious
I'm a good looking guy
That's like blaming being rejected by a school on your female interviewer being attracted to you.

As expected it's being taken out of context. I am a reserved individual in class, I ask a few questions and leave. My freshman year I had to complain to the dean about my professor that kept touching my shoulder randomly when she was lecturing.

Seriously OP, you honestly consider that professional women (several of them) would play some passive-aggressive high school game with a little college kid while potentially putting their careers in jeopardy to show how much they like you? Are you that clueless?

Reactions: 16 users
I'm a good looking guy

As expected it's being taken out of context. I am a reserved individual in class, I ask a few questions and leave. My freshman year I had to complain to the dean about my professor that kept touching my shoulder randomly when she was lecturing.
Oh God. I have no suggestions for you. Just quoting this for posterity before you get a chance to edit.

Reactions: 8 users
Hell ya OP, time to make a move and hit that.

Reactions: 5 users
lolz

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 users
Unless there has been a frequent occurrences of grades of a D, I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I think your profs found out you're in a relationship.. Tough luck dude. I know you'd have success knocking out two birds with one stone.

Unless there has been a frequent occurrences of grades of a D, I wouldn't worry.

Not at the moment. Although I did write the exact same thing another female student wrote and she received more points than me. Also when I came in one minute late to class she called me out in front of the entire class by name. Remember this is a class of almost 60 students and classes just began not too long ago.

Not at the moment. Although I did write the exact same thing another female student wrote and she received more points than me. Also when I came in one minute late to class she called me out in front of the entire class by name. Remember this is a class of almost 60 students and classes just began not too long ago.

Maybe they don't like you because you plagiarize.

Reactions: 17 users
Whooooosh

Reactions: 1 user

images

Do yourself a favor, man, get some sleep and then completely forget about this thread. Don't click on it when it blows up tomorrow with 100,000 replies just "to see what people think". You are not going to win any sympathy points around here.

At this point your best option might be to go to the dean and explain that you are too sexy for female professors. Watch out though, if the dean is also a woman, you might encounter the same problem.

Reactions: 24 users
Bad handwriting, maybe?

At this point your best option might be to go to the dean and explain that you are too sexy for female professors. Watch out though, if the dean is also a woman, you might encounter the same problem.

images

Do yourself a favor, man, get some sleep and then completely forget about this thread. Don't click on it when it blows up tomorrow with 100,000 replies just "to see what people think". You are not going to win any sympathy points around here.

I agree because I forgot what the average sdn'er pre med student is. Never had a gf and carries his orgo book around attempting to pick up chicks. Time to go to bed now I was legitimately concerned about this and clearly stated that I didn't think they were attracted to me but wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you.
jealous much?
It's not English it's Cell Bio so please go you're not funny

I agree because I forgot what the average sdn'er pre med student is. Never had a gf and carries his orgo book around attempting to pick up chicks.

Maybe they don't like you because you're such a tool.

Reactions: 20 users
I agree because I forgot what the average sdn'er pre med student is. Never had a gf and carries his orgo book around attempting to pick up chicks. Time to go to bed now I was legitimately concerned about this and clearly stated that I didn't think they were attracted to me but wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

lol @ the thought of picking up girls attracted to orgo books

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe she's taking more point off so you will need to stay after class for extra credit

I can only imagine how insufferable in real life is a guy who goes to dean complaining that he got touched on the shoulder too many times. I mean the shear amount of self-importance here is astounding.

Reactions: 8 users
I can only imagine how insufferable in real life is a guy who goes to dean complaining that he got touched on the shoulder too many times. I mean the shear amount of self-importance here is astounding.

Now imagine a male professor rubbing a female students shoulder randomly while lecturing. Feel any different about it?

Now imagine a male professor rubbing a female students shoulder randomly while lecturing. Feel any different about it?
Dude it appears to be a pattern with you. Like every female professor you meet is doing something to you.

Dude it appears to be a pattern with you. Like every female professor you meet is doing something to you.

There were two that I know for sure did. The others however I believe hate me in general still trying to figure out why. I don't ever speak in class unless I ask a question which is rare. Well such is life.

Eh, during clinicals worse things can happen to you I'm afraid. That is kind of a weird thing for a teacher to do, though.

All the female professors hate you?

Could it be that you complained to the Dean about one of their friends inappropriately touching you followed the Dean called her up and talked to this professor who was overly friendly?

Could it be that this lady has been poisoning all her female colleagues? :annoyed:

Could it? Could it be? Only you have the answer.

The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.

Probably not.

Maybe you're too sensitive. Maybe you give off a certain vibe or body language they find obnoxious. I can understand some females acting the way you describe, but if they are all acting that way, it's probably you.

Come to think of it, all of your threads on here are pretty negative.

Reactions: 1 users
Probably not.

Maybe you're too sensitive. Maybe you give off a certain vibe or body language they find obnoxious. I can understand some females acting the way you describe, but if they are all acting that way, it's probably you.

Come to think of it, all of your threads on here are pretty negative.
Finally someone with real advice, firstly I'd like to thank you. I suppose I do make negative threads but I'm not a negative person by any stretch of the imagination. I don't understand why no one has mentioned that in my original post I clearly stated I don't think that my current professors are attracted to me. The past ones most definitely but I think it's a a different factor. It really bothers me that I'm more courteous than some of the students in my class but they get treated better than me.

Let's do a simple litmus test: ask them if they will possibly be able to write a rec letter.
A possible side effect will be a more concentrated attention on you by those profs.

Last edited:
Let's do a simple litmus test: ask them if they will possibly be able to write a rec letter.
A possible side effect will be a more concentrated attention on you by those profs.
I don't know what med schools will think when the letter reads, " He made me feel like a woman, again".

Reactions: 23 users
If you haven't banged any of your teachers, no one is impressed. Nobody cares.

On the off chance that you're completely serious...

There's a certain type of really good-looking guy that annoys the he!! out of most women and that's a douchey-seeming, 'oily' kind of guy that gives off the impression that he's insincere and arrogant. A creepy, pick-up-artist guy. These guys give off the impression that they don't like or respect women or see them as anything other than disposable sex toys. If you're giving off that vibe - regardless of if you feel that way or not - then yeah, lots of women could hate you for it. Every woman past her 20's has been used & dumped by a really good-looking creep. If you remind them of that guy, you might pay the price.

If you think something along those lines might be a contributing factor, then you should takes steps to show this is NOT who you are. Have normal-looking (non-10) female students who are friends and treat them like people. If a conversation with a female professor gets personal, mention your mother or sister and how terrific they are. Show that you're not a creep. If a conversation starts to get uncomfortably personal, then go for 'puppy' or 'momma's boy' and get outta there quick. Do Not 'tap that' -- it would be the worst thing you could do.

Reactions: 2 users
@TheBatman -- This isn't the thread SDN needs right now, but it's the one we deserve.

OP, you need to chill on making threads…you joined recently and have created a wave of threads! Most of them all completely pointless--hmm looking back I see some of your thread titles as "shooting for D.O. school to relieve pressure," "restraining order against me, is this bad" Gahh you get the point. Man it seems like you have some superior complex, and how you slip into this thread how you're good looking and try to hate on everyone else on here. Judging by all your paranoid posts about how your doing in school, i.e. starting a thread about "How many B's and C's in pre-reqs ok?". Yikes, so I am guessing by your posts you aren't doing too hot, but to try to inflate your ego by making fun of others appearances and inflating your own is discouraging. Oh, I seriously doubt your female profs are into you. Has anyone else looked at this guys posts? He is clearly not all there. /thread

Reactions: 2 users
Haha, funny that your avatar is a batman symbol and you are paranoid. Did you get hit with a dose of that double-bloomed poppy flower again?

To quote Raylan Givens:

"If you meet an dingus in the morning, you met an dingus. If you meet dinguses all day, you're the dingus"

Reactions: 19 users
Haha, funny that your avatar is a batman symbol and you are paranoid. Did you get hit with a dose of that double-bloomed poppy flower again?
Lol. He seems to have a persecution complex