Anyone else get the vibe that your professors hate you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seriously, we should be nice to OP. I just checked his previous threads. He has been through some rough stuff this last semester. Maybe SDN is a way for him to vent and talk through his problems and perceptions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My guess is that if you complained about one teacher touching you too much, it's been said behind closed doors to watch out for you and absolutely not make any gestures that could in any way be perceived as sexual. Honestly, I'd throw your papers at you rather than accidently touch your precious man hands and be accused of something inappropriate.

Reactions: 13 users
Seriously, we should be nice to OP. I just checked his previous threads. He has been through some rough stuff this last semester. Maybe SDN is a way for him to vent and talk through his problems and perceptions.
Good point, OP does provide some entertaining material. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop being a little female dog. If your professors are treating you rough, stop being "courteous", gentle, weird, and treating them as if they are gods, and start treating them like normal people. I used to think so highly of my professors that I was afraid to do say or do anything that might make them hate me, but now I don't care what they think. Not saying that I completely disrespect my professors, it's just I speak more freely, occasionally curse like a normal human being, and make jokes, like a normal human being. If you have a question, ask nicely. If they refuse to answer or give you a stupid answer, just say "I'm sorry, I just want to learn this, can you explain that again". If they refuse to answer or give you another stupid answer, just say "It seems like you really don't want to help me, I apologize if my question was too basic, I assumed you wanted to help me. Can you point me towards someone that can?". I also have a strong feeling you don't know how to appropriately approach a prof. Go during office hours or email for a meeting. If your professor is acting weird, just straight up confront her and stop being a little female dog. say "I'm sensing some animosity towards me, is there something I did wrong?"

Seriously though. Think about it in doctor terms. When (or if) you are a doctor, and one of your colleagues gives you dirty looks or your patient gives you dirty looks, what do you do? Ignore it, come on sdn, and ask for advice? No, you confront it, ask what's wrong, and attempt to solve the problem. Doctors (at least the ones I know) aren't little female dogs. If they don't like something, they confront it and work towards fixing it.

Lastly, if you want you profs to stop hating you, study harder and crush your exams. Countless times I've started courses with profs "acting weird" towards me, and after the first couple tests and absolutely murdering them, they love me. Best way to get in a professor's heart is by doing ridiculously well in the class (and if you can't, then at least show that you are trying your hardest)

"It seems like you really don't want to help me, I apologize if my question was too basic, I assumed you wanted to help me.

I also have a strong feeling you don't know how to appropriately approach a prof.

Lol, srs

I'm a good looking guy

As expected it's being taken out of context. I am a reserved individual in class, I ask a few questions and leave. My freshman year I had to complain to the dean about my professor that kept touching my shoulder randomly when she was lecturing.

Why would you complain about that :whistle:

Ooo I want to join in this thread. Let me try:

Looks like your cell bio professor wants your DNA. *laugh-track*

You want an A, and your professor wants the D.

There's an awful lot of chemistry in this biology class.

This is fun!

Reactions: 6 users
OP, I suggest you seek help at your school's counseling center, not on SDN.

Reactions: 4 users
My guess is that if you complained about one teacher touching you too much, it's been said behind closed doors to watch out for you and absolutely not make any gestures that could in any way be perceived as sexual. Honestly, I'd throw your papers at you rather than accidently touch your precious man hands and be accused of something inappropriate.

Wow this is the only post that actually made me angry. What would you do if a male professor randomly groped your shoulder during lecture for NO reason at all? Oh wait that's right since I'm a male and she's a female she can't do anything inappropriate, strong double standard. I don't want to give out too much information in fear of jeopardizing my anonymity. I will say though I had three witnesses that also confirmed the unwarranted touching that was occurring during class. I went to her office a week before a test so she can clarify a concept for me. As soon as I got there she looked surprised and said, "I'll be right back". When she got back I smelled some perfume and her hair was out of her usual pony tail. Mind you this was before I complained on her. Don't ask for anymore details because this is more than enough to confirm what her intentions were. Who am I kidding I will probably get even more heat for this post because secretly every male poster wishes a female professor hit on them.

Well, nothing else to do now but sleep with her for the A.

It would make an excellent EC for your AMCAS app.

Name of activity: "Slept with prof"

Description: "This was a difficult activity because we started off with a terrible relationship, but eventually I corralled her to attend to my needs, despite my average looks. Balancing evenings with her and my evening labs (where I am the top student) was hard, but she appreciated my determination and willingness to do whatever it took."

Frequency of activity: 30 seconds of vigorous work every second evening, following by 30 minutes of drowsiness. Total activity time: 3 hours.

Last edited:
Uhh...where's the proof for this so called "good looks"??

Reactions: 1 users
Wow this is the only post that actually made me angry. What would you do if a male professor randomly groped your shoulder during lecture for NO reason at all? Oh wait that's right since I'm a male and she's a female she can't do anything inappropriate, strong double standard.

You can be angry if you want, but no...it's not a double standard on my end. Unless someone is being outwardly slimy or tries to grab a boob or something, I assume they are just friendly. I definitely wouldn't assume that someone who touched my shoulder was hitting on me. I would be a little freaked out because I don't like strangers touching me in general, but I wouldn't directly go to "this person wants to jump my bones" territory and it would take a lot more than a shoulder grope or a ponytail being let out for me to go to the dean. That's just me.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can be angry if you want, but no...it's not a double standard on my end. Unless someone is being outwardly slimy or tries to grab a boob or something, I assume they are just friendly. I definitely wouldn't assume that someone who touched my shoulder was hitting on me. I would be a little freaked out because I don't like strangers touching me in general, but I wouldn't directly go to "this person wants to jump my bones" territory and it would take a lot more than a shoulder grope or a ponytail being let out for me to go to the dean. That's just me.

Your obvious bias has just been exploited. You're a Typical follower of the crowd in my opinion. It's obvious you wouldn't feel comfortable if some stranger did the same thing to you (the proof is in your quote) yet you still feel the need to follow the crowd and bash me.

Full disclosure, I once hooked up with a professor's daughter at a party in college. I had no idea and didn't connect the dots until she entered our room after the class hour was up and they started talking about getting a ride together. It's one of those moments you're really glad you're wearing a hoodie. Unfortunately, it didn't help as I was leaving the room she grabbed my arm since she recognized me. Never will I know if that professor ended up finding out, but I got an A in the class...

At my school, of course the professors hate the students... pre-med ones that is. The most condescending, pretentious bunch of them all. I hate them. Those kids that raise their hand 10 times in a lecture when they know the answers, or look down their profs as somehow being a lower profession. I would hate it too if I was a tenured prof (a very big accomplishment) and these dumb freshmen and sophs thought I was a prof just because I couldn't go to med school.

Bro, I'm not sure what kind help you are seeking to get from an online medical students forum. Most of your replies seem to indicate that you don't consider anybody here to be an expert on this stuff(with a fair bit of condescension thrown in), which might have a grain of truth in it. Most people don't face sexual harassment or misandrism(had to look than one up), and are relatively ill equipped to deal with it. Although you seem to possess an inability to confront your professors in person, but posess a semi-belligerent attitude online.(This may or may not be an accurate read, but that's my feeling)

Perhaps you need to look through your own previous history, and see if there is a connection between you and female authority figures hating you. You might also consider posting on PUA forum, their advice might be more worth your time, or at least better received by you.

All my female professors were amazing, it's the male science/math professors that are mostly dinguses.

If they refuse to answer or give you a stupid answer, just say "I'm sorry, I just want to learn this, can you explain that again". If they refuse to answer or give you another stupid answer, just say "It seems like you really don't want to help me, I apologize if my question was too basic, I assumed you wanted to help me. Can you point me towards someone that can?"

If you were asking basic questions in one of my more advanced classes after I'd explained the material a few times, I would tell you to see me after class so you didn't hold back everyone else. If you insulted me mid-class, I would ignore you and discuss your behavior with my department chair, the dean of students, and your advisor. If you insulted me privately, I would do the same thing. There are many parts of my job description but being treated like **** is not one of them. And if you can't get what you want before resulting to insults, you're going to be way out of your depth when someone who doesn't react well to those is your target.

I also have a strong feeling you don't know how to appropriately approach a prof. Go during office hours or email for a meeting. If your professor is acting weird, just straight up confront her and stop being a little female dog. say "I'm sensing some animosity towards me, is there something I did wrong?"

What do you do if you don't like the answer? What if she says, as I've had to, "You interrupt the class and your comments aren't appropriate." That student, BTW, ended up acting out *more* once I told her that. What if you are giving off the air of someone with a serious personality disorder or someone who I think might hurt me, both of which have happened? What do I say then?

Lastly, if you want you profs to stop hating you, study harder and crush your exams. Countless times I've started courses with profs "acting weird" towards me, and after the first couple tests and absolutely murdering them, they love me. Best way to get in a professor's heart is by doing ridiculously well in the class (and if you can't, then at least show that you are trying your hardest)

If you do well and you're a douche, I will not love you. I will be grateful I don't have to spend as much time correcting stupid ****.

Your obvious bias has just been exploited. You're a Typical follower of the crowd in my opinion. It's obvious you wouldn't feel comfortable if some stranger did the same thing to you (the proof is in your quote) yet you still feel the need to follow the crowd and bash me.

Bias toward.....? I don't know where you're trying to go with this. I just said I wouldn't be comfortable with it, and that I also wouldn't contact the dean over something that could be intended as friendly. Personally, I'd have the balls to politely tell someone that I'm not really a touchy-feely person before trying to get them in trouble with their boss. I was poking fun at you for your seemingly huge ego, 'tis all. I genuinely think the scenario I presented is most likely. If you are known as someone who runs to the dean every time a female professor touches your shoulder, I'd imagine other female professors would be going out of their way to avoid doing or saying anything that could be perceived as "too friendly". This could easily result in you getting the vibe that they hate you.

Reactions: 3 users
I can only imagine how insufferable in real life is a guy who goes to dean complaining that he got touched on the shoulder too many times. I mean the shear amount of self-importance here is astounding.

This. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the OP has quite the reputation with all of the professors. They probably all hate you. The other professor put her hand on your shoulder, not down your pants for crying out loud! And you go and run to the dean rather than simply asking her to stop? You sound like an immature child.

This isn't supposed to be an amusing topic but rather serious one. Not to turn this into a sexist argument but it's only with the female professors. Every male professor i've had seemed to actually like me. The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.

I haven't had a teacher be mean to me, but I've had one female professor be awkward as hell. It's not hard to notice when they are somewhat socially awkward (many PhDs are) and very easy to read. In my case the teacher was really nice to me at first and accommodating, but in the end of our last class she got really awkward, would nervously laugh and look around, and genuinely make everyone else feel uncomfortable.

I was going to ask her for a letter of rec because I took 4 post-bacc classes with her, but I don't even want to imagine what kind of letter she would have turned out.

Just be friendly, no cocky smiles, and no douchebag talk near them.

This isn't supposed to be an amusing topic but rather serious one. Not to turn this into a sexist argument but it's only with the female professors. Every male professor i've had seemed to actually like me. The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.

I think this occurrence says more about YOUR perspective of female professors. Have you ever thought about what you're doing??? I'm just saying...
Your female professors worked just as hard (if not harder) as your male professors to obtain their PhDs.... which is no easy feat..... Why would they risk everything they've worked for for some kind of vendetta against a hot undergrad?? Lol. You're the common thread in all of this. I hope it gets better because there are a lot of female professors and doctors you'll encounter.

Wow this is the only post that actually made me angry. What would you do if a male professor randomly groped your shoulder during lecture for NO reason at all? Oh wait that's right since I'm a male and she's a female she can't do anything inappropriate, strong double standard. I don't want to give out too much information in fear of jeopardizing my anonymity. I will say though I had three witnesses that also confirmed the unwarranted touching that was occurring during class. I went to her office a week before a test so she can clarify a concept for me. As soon as I got there she looked surprised and said, "I'll be right back". When she got back I smelled some perfume and her hair was out of her usual pony tail. Mind you this was before I complained on her. Don't ask for anymore details because this is more than enough to confirm what her intentions were. Who am I kidding I will probably get even more heat for this post because secretly every male poster wishes a female professor hit on them.

Maybe she looked surprised because she really needed a bathroom break when you showed up. When students come in for office hours, professors aren't always sure how long they will be there.
Perhaps she thought "I'd better use the restroom, this could be a while."
Sometimes women's restrooms have complimentary perfumes and lotions.
Perhaps on her way out, she decided she would like to try some of these scents out.
Often, soaps have a scent to them.
Maybe her pony tail was starting to make her head ache (pony tails do hurt sometimes).
These are a few of the many possibilities that could explain her surprise run for the restroom, her freshness and loose hair on her way back.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe she looked surprised because she really needed a bathroom break when you showed up. When students come in for office hours, professors aren't always sure how long they will be there.
Perhaps on her way out, she decided she would like to try some of these scents out.
Maybe her pony tail was starting to make her head ache (pony tails do hurt sometimes).
These are a few of the many possibilities that could explain her surprise run for the restroom, her freshness and loose hair on her way back.

Yes, lots of reasons or it could have been some hand lotion, which a lot of workplaces have in the bathroom.

Some females prefer to look prettier as they see it as a sign of professionalism(the same way a guy would shave before an interview, etc.). This could include perfume and having your hair down. It's a delicate balance for females as you don't want to look like a slob but you also don't want to go overboard. Definitely an under-appreciated difficulty that females face in the workplace, something I am just getting used on my clinical shadowing and volunteering. I spent the last 5 years in the military where things were much simpler, lol.

My fellow posters have articulated it pretty well, but when you find problems with the majority of female professors you encounter, you might want to examine your actions and attitudes before assuming they're all out to get you.

Oh shut up please you sound like a person that will say anything to convince someone that the sky is indeed green not blue. I have already stated that I didn't want to give out too many details (believe me I have MANY more). This will be the FINAL detail I will share. Once I was getting ready to leave I told her i'd most definitely email her if I had any questions. This is when she replied, "it's better to reach me by phone." Then I said, "okaayyy I'll get it from the syllabus." Then she said, "that number won't be on there here's my personal cell number".

So just shut up now you sound very ignorant and belligerent. Instead of jumping the gun and character assassinating me lets talk about how unprofessional my professor was. We won't have that discussion because like I said before there are a lot lonely losers on this forum that will say anything to make themselves believe that this indeed is false. Only because they're extremely jealous, I can only assume it frustrates them even more that I didn't follow through with her advance seeing as they would have done so after the first. Go ahead fire away now and keep bashing me because it's evident that no one seems to actually make an objective opinion about the situation at hand.

Wait. She gave you her cell phone number?

Wtf are you waiting for?

Here's an objective opinion for you: you should go bone her immediately and get it over with.

Wait. She gave you her cell phone number?

Wtf are you waiting for?

Here's an objective opinion for you: you should go bone her immediately and get it over with.

This happened last year hence why I believe all the female professors hate me now. I was in a lengthy relationship at the time so I didn't make any move towards her. If I had that same opportunity now would I reciprocate? I would like to think so..

Oh shut up please you sound like a person that will say anything to convince someone that the sky is indeed green not blue. I have already stated that I didn't want to give out too many details (believe me I have MANY more). This will be the FINAL detail I will share. Once I was getting ready to leave I told her i'd most definitely email her if I had any questions. This is when she replied, "it's better to reach me by phone." Then I said, "okaayyy I'll get it from the syllabus." Then she said, "that number won't be on there here's my personal cell number".

So just shut up now you sound very ignorant and belligerent. Instead of jumping the gun and character assassinating me lets talk about how unprofessional my professor was. We won't have that discussion because like I said before there are a lot lonely losers on this forum that will say anything to make themselves believe that this indeed is false. Only because they're extremely jealous, I can only assume it frustrates them even more that I didn't follow through with her advance seeing as they would have done so after the first. Go ahead fire away now and keep bashing me because it's evident that no one seems to actually make an objective opinion about the situation at hand.

So you assume that there is something sexual behind that? This is complete crap. I have had professors, both male and female, give out their cell phone number to me and sometimes the entire class. I have had professors even give our their home addresses to students. The professors clearly were not hitting on me or my classmates. Rather, they were trying to be collegial and/or make themselves available to answer student questions. Some professors, particularly the older ones, might not like or understand email and telephone might be the best way to get in touch with them. Particularly in upper level classes where the material moved at a faster pace, the professor might have wanted to answer those questions first, before the 100+ emails (often from whiny premeds) in the slower moving introductory biology classes. I know this was the case with at least one of my professors.

It is quite revealing that you chose to infer that the professor is hitting on you and that you describe yourself as "good looking." You should get over yourself.

W
So you assume that there is something sexual behind that? This is complete crap. I have had professors, both male and female, give out their cell phone number to me and sometimes the entire class. I have had professors even give our their home addresses to students. The professors clearly were not hitting on me or my classmates. Rather, they were trying to be collegial and/or make themselves available to answer student questions. Some professors, particularly the older ones, might not like or understand email and telephone might be the best way to get in touch with them. Particularly in upper level classes where the material moved at a faster pace, the professor might have wanted to answer those questions first, before the 100+ emails (often from whiny premeds) in the slower moving introductory biology classes. I know this was the case with at least one of my professors.

It is quite revealing that you chose to infer that the professor is hitting on you and that you describe yourself as "good looking." You should get over yourself.

I'm sure your professor also texted you at 3am asking what you were doing.

Wowww, I was just trying to help you out, seriously. :rolleyes:To think I actually felt sorry for you bc everyone finds you ridiculous. I suggest you look up the word belligerent as you have used it incorrectly. I was clearly not being "belligerent". I wasn't bashing you, I was simply offering a reasonable explanation as to why your professor went to the restroom. Obviously you view these explanations as personal attacks because you want to cling to this delusion that females swoon at your presence. I've had professors give me their cell numbers- this doesn't necessarily mean they are making any sexual advances. As for your reference to "character assassination" , you are the only one responsible for this. You are character assassinating yourself with your asinine remarks.

Just came to see if OP was still kidding himself. ....Eeyup! kthxbai

OP, why do YOU think they all act like they hate you? In your mind, is it actually probable that every single one of them is so attracted to you that they just can't contain their wild lust without overcompensating by being rude? All of them? It just doesn't seem reasonable.

If a female teacher did indeed text you at 3am, you have every reason to find that inappropriate. It still doesn't follow that all your teachers are hating on you because of your looks.

Reactions: 2 users
wow_bravo.gif

OP this thread is hilarious, please continue.

I feel like the answer to OP's question is as simple as: the professor he reported was likely disciplined. This professor probably complained about this student to other teachers. The other female professors are either disgusted with their colleague and by extension this student, or they don't like him for reporting her.

It doesn't sound like the OP does much to ingratiate himself with these professors (as in, he says he rarely asks questions or speaks in class), so they have no reason to change their opinion.

Go be office hours, be very thankful and friendly. Though keep in mind if they see you as at all aggressive they will report you, especially since you have a "history"

I feel like the answer to OP's question is as simple as: the professor he reported was likely disciplined. This professor probably complained about this student to other teachers. The other female professors are either disgusted with their colleague and by extension this student, or they don't like him for reporting her.

It doesn't sound like the OP does much to ingratiate himself with these professors (as in, he says he rarely asks questions or speaks in class), so they have no reason to change their opinion.

Go be office hours, be very thankful and friendly. Though keep in mind if they see you as at all aggressive they will report you, especially since you have a "history"

Very plausible -- Or the other female teachers believed their colleague's version of the story, which doesn't exactly line up with yours. In any case, it's now up to you to show your female professors that you're a nice person and not paranoid, arrogant, whiny, neurotic or delusional.

Alert to all professors out there: Don't try to be chill/nice by giving your cell phone number out to students. You never know when there is a crazy mofo like @TheBatman in your class.

Last edited:
Very plausible -- Or the other female teachers believed their colleague's version of the story, which doesn't exactly line up with yours. In any case, it's now up to you to show your female professors that you're a nice person and not paranoid, arrogant, whiny, neurotic or delusional.

Easier said than done. If I were him I wouldn't really bother with all this, and just make sure they were grading me fairly, and get the semester over with. Post - semester, avoid all female taught courses in the department, and try and find classes with only male professors, or at least TA grading and teaching.(skip the lectures).

I ignore and throw papers at all the cute girls I've got a thing for. Totally normal, not at all made up behavior

Alert to all professors out there: Don't try to be chill/nice by giving your cell phone number out to students. You never know when there is a crazy motherf*cker like @TheBatman in your class.

I give out my cell phone just so students can let me know if they're not going to be there in an emergency.

Alert to all professors out there: Don't try to be chill/nice by giving your cell phone number out to students. You never know when there is a crazy motherf*cker like @TheBatman in your class.

Do you even have a social life? hahaha I doubt you've ever even had a girl hit on you let alone ever having a gf.

Do you even have a social life? hahaha I doubt you've ever even had a girl hit on you let alone ever having a gf.
He has 12,450 % more likes than you..... If that is any metric, he wins.
I hope that's right else I'm a scrub.

He has 12,450 % more likes than you..... He wins.
I hope that's right else I'm a scrub.
hahahahahahaha likes? hahaha that's funny he wins? I'm sure I won't lose any sleep over that.

dude, I think we can all agree that this thread was not productive and you didn't get the answer/advice you were looking for. I'm sorry for that, but there's no point in spending time attacking people on here. Let the thread die, and I hope you manage to work this out with people in real life.