Anyone else not received a single interview invite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanidiot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Panic is starting to settle in, but I'm not prepared to give up. Just wondering if I am alone here...If I am not alone, I think we, the few and the proud, deserve our own thread :)

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in. Not a single interview invite - 4 rejections, and the other 11 "under review" with a couple "we'd like to interview you, but don't know if we can schedule it" messages. The rest of the schools are like a black hole without even an echo. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Count me in. Not even jersey state schoo love. In fact they have been telling me file will be reviewed soon since November. Whatever to that...

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my best friends, who's applying with me during this application cycle, hasn't had any interview invites. I feel badly for her. WHen I received my first interview invite, it took me several weeks to call her up and tell her about my good news. Although her response was positive, I knew that my news gave her some discouragement. I know that she will receive an invite, but she must have faith...

For those of you who haven't heard anything, please continue to have faith. Don't give up. Works without faith, as I said in another post, is dead. Call schools and send letters of interest to the dean of admission for each school. Be active about your application, while the window of opportunity still exists..

I wish all of you the best throughout the remainder of this process :)

americanidiot said:
Panic is starting to settle in, but I'm not prepared to give up. Just wondering if I am alone here...If I am not alone, I think we, the few and the proud, deserve our own thread :)

Take it easy bud ;)

Count me in. It's a crappy feeling, alright. Good luck to everyone!

Count me in too... I still hold hope! :cool: :scared: :cool:

all i've heard are rejections! :mad:

Me neither. Though I've gotten several pre-secondary rejections, I've only gotten 1 post-secondary rejection (from Stanford), so that makes me feel a little better. I may not be on the top of their lists to interview, but apparently I'm not on the top of their lists to reject either. I knew people who got interviews well into the spring, in previous years, so I'm not giving up for a few more months. Good luck everyone.

dr.z said:
I'm joining you guys. It sucks!
Fret not my friends. The interviews are still coming and my guess is that they will still be coming right up until the bitter end... i.e. March & April. I don't say this baselessly either. I got an interview invite today for the end of January (with spots open as close as a week from now) from at school at which I had been complete since October and from whom I hadn't heard a peep!

There are plenty of positions to be had still! Try to stay positive!

Best of luck,

-dope-

I'm in too...no allopathic interviews, a handful of rejections, and no word from a bunch of others, including my state school UConn.

same here. not a single interview invite. this can't be a good sign at all.

NO LOVE IN ILLINOIS EITHER....damn this sucks

morganlefay said:
Count me in. It's a crappy feeling, alright. Good luck to everyone!

wow you're young to be applying; maybe it intimidates the adcoms. Also what kind of research did you do? Perhaps lack of shadowing, hospital work or volunteer work looked negative...?

Well, the no interview invites continues. Four rejections today alone. At least I'm not in limbo anymore. Three schools left to hear from. This isn't good.

Well, I guess I'll take a year off, study for GREs, and in the summer I'll submit AMCAS to only my state school and AACOMAS to a few others. After this year, I really can't afford to apply to 20 or 30 schools. I'm already a non-trad, but I have tons of experience and good grades, a competitive MCAT and a good PS, so I suppose I'll also look into a PhD in physical chemistry. Perhaps my medical career was only meant to last 15 years. Pity, I was damn good at it. However, it's not in my nature to cry, but pick up and keep going. Not all dreams come true, and life isn't always fair.

To everyone else: Good luck in the crap shoot they call med school applications. I have a gallon of Kalua in my pantry; I'm going to go cry and get drunk tonight.

1 rejection and 7 pre interview holds/continue to review...aka...youre almost good enough..but not quite..

docjolly said:
One of my best friends, who's applying with me during this application cycle, hasn't had any interview invites. I feel badly for her. WHen I received my first interview invite, it took me several weeks to call her up and tell her about my good news. Although her response was positive, I knew that my news gave her some discouragement. I know that she will receive an invite, but she must have faith...

For those of you who haven't heard anything, please continue to have faith. Don't give up. Works without faith, as I said in another post, is dead. Call schools and send letters of interest to the dean of admission for each school. Be active about your application, while the window of opportunity still exists..

I wish all of you the best throughout the remainder of this process :)

Thanks for the kind words Jolly. :thumbup:

I haven't had any interview invites either...yet, but I do have faith that they will come.

For those who are counting, they can read my profile to see which have rejected me.

:luck: Good luck Jolly and your friend too!

This thread is useless without stats! :D

j/k... or am I??

Post some stats!