Anyone Else taking the DAT and applying this cycle ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardr2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have pushed back my exam 2 times and now I'm just so nervous I won't make it to this cycle. Anyone else trying to apply still ? Any advice ?
My test is in 4 weeks .

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're really pushing it. Your app won't be completed and mailed out until mid-November and that's close to some school's deadlines which is wayyy too late.

Did you submit your application already? Scores can come later but you need at least some score before the dead line for the schools you want to apply to. My test was Aug 20 and AADSAS got the scores on Sept 8, so you should factor in that lag time. You should look up the deadlines before you decide to apply but at the very least you should submit your application so the schools can start looking at the rest of your information. You may need to move up your test date to get your scores in time. What are your practices scores?

Yes application is out they are waiting for my scores. NYU's deadline is feb 2nd so I hope I'm ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that the only school you want to apply to? What are your practice scores? How late are they still filling their spots? If you are going to submit a last second application I would make sure your numbers are high enough to justify them taking you to fill their roster.

I sent my apps out in aug and took my DAT sept 17th. The schools haven't gotten my official scores yet and I'm getting super nervous that I will be interviewing for wait lists, if I interview at all. Make sure to e-mail your unofficial score report to any schools that will accept them as soon as you take your DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
To give you a feel for the cycle....I took my DAT august 18th, took about 3 weeks for new dat to upload and now i have 4 pre dec interviews....so maybe you have a chance! good luck

Reactions: 1 users