Anyone else think UWorld CCS is terrible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpinebrook

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm used to the high-quality discussions on the Qbank so I am really disappointed with the CCS component of UWorld. The cases are clearly not written and/or reviewed by the same people. Anyone else annoyed by the constant typos, bad grammar, etc.? Even the minor stuff that shouldn't matter annoys me.

And what's with all the counseling on seat belt use? I am just not going to do that on the real exam. Or should I? Can you fail Step 3 because you didn't counsel every patient on seat belt safety? I mean really.

I'm finished with Day 1 and I have a few days to go before Day 2 and UWorld CCS studying is making me want to rip my hair out. But everyone on here seems to think this is the go-to resource. I guess there's nothing better out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah I am in the exact same spot and wondering the same thing...

Also, is there any high yield source for most common questions for day 2 MC ACM? Learning 1000 MC questions on UW for 180 MC exam questions in real life is kind of inefficient

I guess no one else gets annoyed when the UWorld CCS writers say that a patient is having "vomitings" or that a patient is from INDIA. Or that a patient is "un-married" or lives with his "girl friend." Or that "family history is nothing important." :annoyed:

After day 2, I can say my prep for CCS using uworld was inadequate. I had a tough time with this part. The cases were long and didn't seem to end even though I felt like what I was doing was right.

I am NOT a resident, applying to match now. I feel like this put me at disadvantage. :bang:

After day 2, I can say my prep for CCS using uworld was inadequate. I had a tough time with this part. The cases were long and didn't seem to end even though I felt like what I was doing was right.

I am NOT a resident, applying to match now. I feel like this put me at disadvantage. :bang:

So you did all of the simulations? I ended up only doing a handful of them, but then I crammed by reading all of the read-outs, and all of the "answers" (clock management / scoring) to every interactive case. I actually think I did much better than I was expecting on CCS today... we'll see though.

Did your patients seem to be getting better?

PS. The 6 simulations offered through the NBME website were way better than UWorld.