Anyone expecting Step3 scores this week 07/06?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you expecting your scores this week, I called FSMB and they said scores will not be emailed this week due to the holiday.

However, I read on a board that someone was able to use the "trick" the week he was expecting his score (even though that week was a holiday and the score didn't come out, the trick still worked and he knew he had passed). Then the score came out the week after the holiday, and it was confirmed.

So for anyone expecting their scores this week, give it a try:
https://portal.fsmb.org/MyFsmb/
and check your status. If status changes from "active" to "expired" or "scored", it means your exam has been scored. And if there is no link to re-apply, it means you passed. If there is a link, and you can re-apply and go all the way to payment, it means you did not pass.

Please update this thread if it works!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried. Was expecting scores 7/4 (test taken 6/13-14). Mine still says active...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it say anything in the grey box at the bottom on the FSMB site? Something like "you may begin a new Step 3 application"?

Our records indicate you have already taken the Step 3 exam. For information about your Step 3 exam, please log in to the candidate website or contact Customer Service.

Mine changed to "expired". And the grey box says "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience." No link though. Hopefully I dont need to start a new application for real. Anybody similar?

Last edited:
@radoncdoc

hey man i have the same exact statement in the grey box below - "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience" and status says "expired"

MY QUESTION - did you already have this statement even before you took your step 3?

I didn't know of this "trick" so I actually don't know if this statement was there all along.

HOPE I PASS THIS #$@$%# TEST AND MOVE ON

As I said above, before last night it said:
"Our records indicate you have already taken the Step 3 exam. For information about your Step 3 exam, please log in to the candidate website or contact Customer Service."

Im in the same boat, the thought of redoing this test (mostly monetarily) nauseates me.

Congrats radoncdoc and drake19!!!
If there is no link to start a new application (even though it says "you may begin..."), you guys passed! Please let me know after you guys get your scores, but from what I've read I'm 99% sure you guys passed!

Last edited:
Mine also says "expired", and at the bottom says, "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience." But like you both, there is no actual link to reapply.

Mine also says "expired", and at the bottom says, "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience." But like you both, there is no actual link to reapply.

Early congrats! What date did you take the CCS?

Early congrats! What date did you take the CCS?

I wonder if there is anyone who had the same message we had (no link to reapply) but failed.

I'm sort of boggled how someone figured this out in the first place...too much time or paranoia

I'll repost afterwards to let you know if I really passed. Although we "know" afew days in advance don't know if that is a huge advantage in the long run. RIght now I'd like to tell myself I passed and bathe in my own ignorance

Last edited:
I wonder if there is anyone who had the same message we had (no link to reapply) but failed.

I'm sort of boggled how someone figured this out in the first place...too much time or paranoia

I'll repost afterwards to let you know if I really passed. Although we "know" afew days in advance don't know if that is a huge advantage in the long run.

Unfortunately while I'm sure you passed, I had the same message and failed like an idiot. So not to discourage you, and again I'm sure you and the other poster passed, but it's not an accurate indication I don't think. Sort of like when you get the "SOAP" email when you go through the match - just getting the email doesn't mean you did not match, and getting it does not mean you will SOAP.

Last edited:
Unfortunately while I'm sure you passed, I had the same message and failed like an idiot. So not to discourage you, and again I'm sure you and the other poster passed, but it's not an accurate indication I don't think. Sort of like when you get the "SOAP" email when you go through the match - just getting the email doesn't mean you did not match, and getting it does not mean you will SOAP.

Did your page have a link to re-register? I'm super sorry. It's hard to think of a bright side, but you have another chance. Wish you the best.

Did your page have a link to re-register? I'm super sorry. It's hard to think of a bright side, but you have another chance. Wish you the best.

Nope. Thank you. Don't mean to freak you out - I'm sure you passed as most people do, just saying I don't think that's an accurate statement made by the other poster.

Just an update. Permit expired Sunday. No reapply link/button on FSMB Monday. Passed Tuesday at Midnight! Was nervous since I'm so many years out in a non-IM/FM/EM residency.

Reactions: 1 user