Anyone familiar with Myers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamsunny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry if this post does not belong here. I am quite new as you can see. I have been out of school for quite a while, and I have never taken a psychology or sociology course. I am planning on self-studying psychology and sociology before diving into true MCAT study. My test date would be mid-late next year so that I may apply in 2017. I am a non-traditional student.

I have picked up a psychology book by an author named Myers. I really like the writing style. It reads like a light novel. I need some help picking out which chapters are critical to learning the material on the MCAT. I do understand that there is a PDF on the AMCAS website with the concepts tested, but I was wondering if a more seasoned veteran could give me some input.

Also, is there a sociology equivalent to this Myers Psychology book? I ask this because Myers was written so well that I would appreciate it if there was an equally intellectual and fun sociology book that I could read as well.

P.S. I would really appreciate it if responses urging me to avoid textbooks would not be posted. My test date is far away, and I would like a thorough understanding and appreciation before I start studying specifically for the MCAT.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.