Anyone for UF open house 02/03/12?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Audihopful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So i received an email invite to UF open house on Feb 3 and i was wondering if anyone here going?

Members don't see this ad.

I know I'm a little late, but I just saw this post. I hope you were able to make it! I attended it & absolutely loved it! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I'm a little late, but I just saw this post. I hope you were able to make it! I attended it & absolutely loved it! :)

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately i missed it due to some family emergency. Can you give me a run down of what happened and if anything was said of extereme importance. Also if you were able to take any pics i would absolutely love to see them.

Sorry for taking ages to get back to you. Basically they went over how their program is set up. You start in the clinic during the first semester and as you progress through the program your hours in the classroom lessen and your hours in the clinic increase. They talked about possible financial aid options and walked us through some of their labs as well as the on campus clinic (which was very nice). The number one thing I liked was the vibe of the atmosphere between the students and professors. It was like a big family. They had a couple of the 3rd year girls as well as a girl that graduated with her AuD that is in the process of getting her PhD there to give us the student perspective of the program. We also did a little "speed interviewing" where we had 5 minute interviews with different professors and a couple of the students so they could all get to know us a little bit. It was a little scary at first, but as soon as you talked to any of them the nerves went away.... they were all so welcoming and easy to talk to. They also set aside ample time for Q&A in each session of the day, so I don't think there was anything left unanswered. I'm sure if you have any questions you could e-mail or call them and they wouldn't mind answering. I wasn't able to take any pictures, but the buildings were all really nice. Although UF is a really old campus, the College of Public Health and Health Professions seemed to be one of the newer buildings. Good luck in your search for the right program :)