Anyone from LIU's PT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SPS100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering if theres anyone that applied and got in Long Island University's PT program?
If yes, how is it?
is it tough to get it?
what was your GPA and how mnay volunteer hour s have you had?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at liu in mid december and found out that I was accepted about a week after. The interview was really laid back no suprise questions. They only interview on certain days so depending on how many people select a certain date determines if your interview will be group or one on one. I had one other person interviewing with me and there were 2 faculty members asking the questions. After that they split you up and go over your transcripts with you and make sure that everything is in order (if you have a copy of your transcrpits I would bring them because there was an error on my PTCAS application and I had to show them a copy of mine to fix it). and then they give you a tour of the campus which is really nice. My undergrad gpa was a 3.4 and my pre req gpa was 3.3. I have about 500 hours, 300 outpatient sports medicine and 200 inpatient rehab center. I accepted the seat cause I ended up liking it better over hunter and it was the first school I heard back from so I was playing it safe.