MD & DO Anyone from Michigan? ~3.4/32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genessis42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm applying to schools with these numbers: 3.4/3.3 sgpa, 32 MCAT. I did undergrad at the University of Michigan and am IS for those schools. I've also got ECs which include clinical work, shadowing, a leadership position, and some work outside of medically-related settings.

Any suggestions on schools? I'm doing all the Michigan MD schools apart from U of M (which is top 10), and and also around 10 DO programs. Which other low tier MDs should I consider?

Are there any other people on this forum who did undergrad at Michigan too? How did the app cycle go for you?

Members don't see this ad.

For UM specific acceptance stats, you'll want to contact your school's pre-med advising office. They should track the year-by-years

Reactions: 1 user
+1 one to the suggestion above.

Your best shot is clearly with the Michigan schools. Invest in MSAR, check out school's tenth percentile stats for GPA and come back here with a list that we can then help edit.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have all Michigan schools and 10 DOs you will be fine.

Other lower tier MDs you should consider: EVMS, VCU, WVU, Creighton, MCW, Drexel, Albany, Rush, Rosalind Franklin. Go through MSAR to check the 10%ile GPAs.

Other MD schools you can add include:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
You are competitive for any DO school

Invest in MSAR Online and target schools whose median stats are closest to your own. Pay very careful attention to the Acceptance Information page.

But start with Rush, MCW, SLU and Rosy F.

Hey guys,

I'm applying to schools with these numbers: 3.4/3.3 sgpa, 32 MCAT. I did undergrad at the University of Michigan and am IS for those schools. I've also got ECs which include clinical work, shadowing, a leadership position, and some work outside of medically-related settings.

Any suggestions on schools? I'm doing all the Michigan MD schools apart from U of M (which is top 10), and and also around 10 DO programs. Which other low tier MDs should I consider?

Are there any other people on this forum who did undergrad at Michigan too? How did the app cycle go for you?