Anyone getting their preceptors a gift?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiapet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the protocol on getting a preceptor a gift? I'm a female and preceptors are male.....plus, there are 2 of them, and if I get both something nice, I'll be broke. Are we even supposed to get them anything?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ipad3 X 2! I'll remember your forever >_>;

Don't need to give anything... but if you want to give something, a thank you card is fine. Heck, I'll have some cookies, or exotic chocolate from Trader Joes!

I got a few of my preceptors some hand-made stuff from abroad, nothing expensive, just unique.

Members don't see this ad :)
i baked some choc chip cookies for one of my sites. nothing serious!

I bought everyone a bottle of wine for my last summer internship. They were all awesome!

Two dozen doughnuts and box of joe from Dunkin Donuts for the whole site. Donuts were devoured within 10 minutes of me bringing them in. Entire pharmacy got in trouble though because the bitch aKa VP of Quality Control happened to visit like 5 mins later and noticed crumbs, dirty napkins and the empty doughnuts boxes. Apparently, no food is allowed in the pharmacy.

Agree with card, plus something simple like baked goods, donuts, chocolates, etc. The preceptor does not expect anything, but receiving at least a card is quite nice and increases the chances that they may remember you down the road if needed.

What is the protocol on getting a preceptor a gift? I'm a female and preceptors are male.....plus, there are 2 of them, and if I get both something nice, I'll be broke. Are we even supposed to get them anything?? Thanks!

bring a huge platter of cookies for the whole site.