Anyone goin to DMU this Friday 12/9?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laboholic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else interviewing at DMU on friday? If so, where are you staying?

Members don't see this ad.

laboholic said:
Good luck. You'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I know, I really want to go to school there. I cant wait!!!! Seems like it might be a competitive school to get into this year though with all the new facilities.

Members don't see this ad :)
laboholic said:
I know, I really want to go to school there. I cant wait!!!! Seems like it might be a competitive school to get into this year though with all the new facilities.
Correct :thumbup:

laboholic said:

me, but i'm not interviewing (interviewed in portland in october). i'm gonna tag along for the tour, so i might see you. i'll be the person not wearing a suit. :) i'm going to try to make a reservation at the renaissance savoy place. i'm also going to pray that it doesn't snow because i have to drive in from chicago on thursday. good luck!

I hear it takes about a week for the adcom to get back to you after the interview. Is this correct?

laboholic said:
I hear it takes about a week for the adcom to get back to you after the interview. Is this correct?

i wouldn't bank on a week, but they are pretty fast. the portland interviewees interviewed on oct. 29 and 30 and heard on nov. 11. they email, too, which makes it all faster.

laboholic said:

Count on two weeks. I heard back from them in six days, but that was probably because Thanksgiving was bearing down on them.

I stayed at the Heartland Inn when I was there. Not to shabby. Only $54 and they picked me up from the airport late at night and drove me to DMU early morning.

Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

Cool, Ill be there Thursday afternoon so if anyone wants to hang out/ chat/ check out Des Moines I will have my car there. PM me

Stay with a student host if you can!!! It totally made my experience and makes DMU an extremely hard act to follow!

the students are friendly and helpful :)

I stayed at the renaissance savory. It was great. If I had it to do again, I may have stayed with a student. Have a great time at the interview! See you there next year!

misparas said:
I stayed at the renaissance savory. It was great. If I had it to do again, I may have stayed with a student. Have a great time at the interview! See you there next year!

I got that sheet from DMU saying that you can get a discount rate at renaissance savory for $55. I called them and they said the discount was $69. Anyone get a room for $55?

news for you coming! it is snowing very hard and the roads are terrible. plan on leaving at least 15 minutes earlier than you would have. slow down and be safe. there are literally 30-40 accidents now.

im in my hotel room now... i drove from iowa city to DM and passed 56 cars/semi trucks in the ditch. drove 40mph on the interstate all the way here! I made it alive though. Wonder if this is going to inhibit other prospective students from getting to the interview tomorrow?