Anyone going to Radford University in VA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastCoastHope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A state school, it is a new program (full AOTA accreditation). It has all brand new facilities in a dedicated area of the building. (No squeezing in too many students into too small classrooms as I saw at another instate program.)

Anyone a current student? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you applied there? Hear anything back yet? I applied in January, still waiting to hear back.

I haven't heard back yet.

I was really happy with what I saw when I visited.

Have you been to visit the campus?

Are there any other readers on this forum who are current students or have applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking in again.

Has anyone heard from Radford?

Thanks.

Their deadline in May 15

Are you headed to Radford EastCoast? If so congrats, that is awesome! When does their program begin?

I applied to Radford later than other schools. For those of you that have gotten accepted into the program, did you receive a call asking to come visit the school first? Or just received an acceptance packet via mail?

Thanks!

OT22-

Did you get in? If so, yeah! :)

I got an acceptance letter in the mail.

I actually didn't apply until the beginning of May, so I haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping they haven't accepted the max applicants yet, but I'm not sure. I had applied to other OT schools and didn't get in so this is my last chance at OT. If not I plan to go to an OTA school. I graduated undergrad in '11 so this is my second year at applying.

I actually didn't apply until the beginning of May, so I haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping they haven't accepted the max applicants yet, but I'm not sure. I had applied to other OT schools and didn't get in so this is my last chance at OT. If not I plan to go to an OTA school. I graduated undergrad in '11 so this is my second year at applying.

If you don't mind sharing: how many and which schools did you apply to and what were your stats? (you can pm me if you're more comfortable sharing there).

Thank you

My GPA and GRE score's bring down my application. I graduated from what I think is a good school though (JMU). CUM GPA 3.0 GRE Verbal 410 QUANT 540-560? Volunteer hours were close to 200, made sure I had good references, and had my autobiography reviewed.

I applied to JMU, SU and JCHS in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA and GRE score's bring down my application. I graduated from what I think is a good school though (JMU). CUM GPA 3.0 GRE Verbal 410 QUANT 540-560? Volunteer hours were close to 200, made sure I had good references, and had my autobiography reviewed.

I applied to JMU, SU and JCHS in the past.

Thanks for sharing. I don't think your stats are that bad but I guess it depends on the school's criteria. I hope you get into Radford!! Good luck.

Thank you! Did you get into school? Or are you already in school? Hopefully i'll hear back soon.

Thank you! Did you get into school? Or are you already in school? Hopefully i'll hear back soon.

I'm actually applying the summer/fall of this year to start 2013. I had a long list of schools to apply to but I'm trying to bring it down to about 10.

Oh wow, It's probably smarter applying to a lot of schools, and applying out of your instate schools, but I was also thinking about tuition and how much it would cost me and the application fees start to get expensive after so many applications (unless you're doing OTCAS apps) goodluck to you!

Thanks. I'm actually out of state anywhere I go so my tuition is between 70K and 85K regardless of state so tuition won't be a factor. I'm prob going to spend $1,000 on apps including transcripts but I'm hoping to increase my chances.

Has anyone heard back from Radford for the class of 2017 ? My online application says a decision was made 5/21 and to be on the look out for a letter in the mail.

Has anyone heard back from Radford for the class of 2017 ? My online application says a decision was made 5/21 and to be on the look out for a letter in the mail.

My application status says the same....decision on 5/22. Have you heard anything yet??

Has anyone heard back from Radford for the class of 2017 ?

Has anyone heard back from Radford for the class of 2017 ?
I did ! I'll be there this fall. You just have to wait for the letter if a decision has been made. Before my letter showed up myru ( or whatever it's called, but it's the same site you check your status on) got additional navigation areas so that could be a clue.

I did ! I'll be there this fall. You just have to wait for the letter if a decision has been made. Before my letter showed up myru ( or whatever it's called, but it's the same site you check your status on) got additional navigation areas so that could be a clue.

Hi! I am applying to Radford this year. Do you like it there? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi! I am applying to Radford this year. Do you like it there? Do you mind sharing your stats?

I went to undergrad at RU and they do have a great facility. The only bad thing is you don't hear from them until June & school starts in August so finding housing can be hectic. They have multiple open houses throughout the year so I would go to one if you have time!

I went to undergrad at RU and they do have a great facility. The only bad thing is you don't hear from them until June & school starts in August so finding housing can be hectic. They have multiple open houses throughout the year so I would go to one if you have time!
thank you!

Reactions: 1 user