Anyone got an invite yet from oregon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doubledizzle13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone was lucky enough to have heard from oregon yet? All i got was a lousy "you're still in the runnings" letter. Are they ever going to start interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

I got that letter yesterday. Basically the letter said i made the first cut and they are going to be inviting kids real soon for interview. i still owe them a 3rd LOR from a science professor.

Its already October. I am shocked they haven't invited anyone for interviews yet. Is this how it has gone in past years?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same letter. Looking at predents from past years, it looks like most of the interviews weren't untill January or February. There were a few in November and even one or two at the end of October. Hopefully something will happen soon!

I'm assuming your letters said something other than, "Following initial review of your application to the OHSU school of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time... You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application." I took this as a polite rejection. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Mine said something along the lines of "you've made the first cut and are in a highly competitive pool of applicants who normally receive interviews" or something to that effect, but yea I got the same letter as you guys.

You guys think they'll be lenient on the 3 science letters? Ergh... what a pain. Still need to get it. They're the only school that requires that. But since I got a 'polite rejection' I won't bother.

I'm assuming your letters said something other than, "Following initial review of your application to the OHSU school of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time... You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application." I took this as a polite rejection. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Getting the small envelope in the mail I was expecting to get something like what you said here... but surprisingly it didn't read like that at all. It said something around the lines of (I dont have the actual letter with me right now) that my application has made it through the first cut and that they will be choosing the invite people for interviews out of the new "skimmed down" applicant pool that they have made. I don't know how many people they cut the pool down to from the total amount of applications, but at least I got through round 1. :)

Getting the small envelope in the mail I was expecting to get something like what you said here... but surprisingly it didn't read like that at all. It said something around the lines of (I dont have the actual letter with me right now) that my application has made it through the first cut and that they will be choosing the invite people for interviews out of the new "skimmed down" applicant pool that they have made. I don't know how many people they cut the pool down to from the total amount of applications, but at least I got through round 1. :)

I need to go check my mail, hopefully I got one of the good letters