Anyone had interviews at Univ. of Maryland??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistkim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How was the interview?

Was it a 1: 2(professor/student) interview?

What questions did they ask???

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!! :luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

How was the interview?

Was it a 1: 2(professor/student) interview?

What questions did they ask???

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!! :luck::luck:

1) Meh. Just hope you don't get the lady who seems unfriendly. It can be kind of awkward.

2) Yes, 1:2

3) Some standard ones, and some more difficult ones that seemed rather irrelevant. I was asked about my activities that show dexterity, so I mentioned playing the flute, doing embryological microscopy, and gross anatomy. She then asked "So... Have you done any arts and crafts?" Ain't nobody got time fo dat. I also got asked who my role model is, and to be honest, I've never really had one, so I wasn't a fan of that question either.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have a sheet of paper with standard questions and alternate asking questions between the faculty member and student interviewer. They just go down the list and fill in the blank spots with your answers. Read the interview feedback as stated above.

They have a sheet of paper with standard questions and alternate asking questions between the faculty member and student interviewer. They just go down the list and fill in the blank spots with your answers. Read the interview feedback as stated above.

That was not my experience at all. My interview was mostly conversational with a few direct questions i.e., what makes me unique, why Maryland, and an ethical question.