Anyone had their application mailed out yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seannlim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if AADSAS mailed the first batch yet. Curious!

Members don't see this ad.

They mail the first batch on the 22nd of this month (Friday) as verified here

Members don't see this ad :)
They mail the first batch on the 22nd of this month (Friday) as verified here

I just called aadsas, and they said that they don't know when the first batch is going to be mailed out yet. The lady said its probably going to be early July? Do you know how recent your link data is?

Not sure how recent their calendar is...but apparently incorrect? I found it on the 2013 Verification thread.

I'd rather put my full faith in the official document published by the AADSAS than in some "lady" who is supposed to know everything about the application process. :D

yep! Mine says the mailing date is the 23rd as well. I had my application verified since June 10th. Does anyone know if the first batch is the one that will be mailed on the 23rd? and How many applications are usually in the first batch?
Thanks!

I'm curious as to the second batch. I'm submitting July 3rd. Does anyone know if that'll still be part of the second batch? Thanks again!

I called in today. They said first batch will be mailed out tomorrow. There are approximately 600 apps being sent to NYU, ~450 for USC.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application also says that it will be sent out tomorrow, the 23rd. Good luck to all!!!!!

Status changed to mailed a few minutes ago.

@sacapuntas: when did you e-submit your application?

you guyssss!!! this is so exciting!!!! mailed!!!

now if only i could finish minnesota's secondary...ugh!

you guyssss!!! this is so exciting!!!! mailed!!!

now if only i could finish minnesota's secondary...ugh!
Mailed!

Hahaha, same here. It will be a race! Blah, essays are my Achilles' heel.... and apparently I must have a very large heel(tendon?)....

Well good luck to all! and congrats to those whose apps have been mailed!! :thumbup: I wonder when the second batch will be mailed?

2nd batch is mailed out next week. so if you're GPA is verified by thursday, then you're in that batch =)

Will AADSAS mail out your application as long as the GPA is verified? Does it matter if they haven't received my LORs and most recent DAT scores yet?

ahhhhh! mine wasn't mailed! my transcripts were uploaded, all LOR's are in, and DAT scores are in....when do they decide when to send? I submitted on June 6th! eeeeeep!

ahhhhh! mine wasn't mailed! my transcripts were uploaded, all LOR's are in, and DAT scores are in....when do they decide when to send? I submitted on June 6th! eeeeeep!

you submitted pretty early. was your gpa verified?

my transcripts just got received about a week and half ago, no gap verification yet :( how long does that take?? I just want to see it mailed out so i can breathe

my transcripts just got received about a week and half ago, no gap verification yet :( how long does that take?? I just want to see it mailed out so i can breathe
my GPA was verified on the 22nd, and they still did not mail it out with the first batch...I think they only included all the complete applications up to either wednesday or thursday. hmm I wonder why it's taking so long for your GPA to get verified...if it doesn't by monday, call them

if applications have been mailed- when should we expect to hear back from/get supplementaries from schools? should supplementaries be sent in as soon as possible as well? thanks!

if applications have been mailed- when should we expect to hear back from/get supplementaries from schools? should supplementaries be sent in as soon as possible as well? thanks!

Some might contact you as early as next week. Others might take months. It depends in the school. Definitely pounce on those secondaries when they come. I've known a fool or two who took two months to finish them.

Thanks so much! do you know the earliest schools start interviewing?

Thanks so much! do you know the earliest schools start interviewing?

I think August was the earliest I've heard of for interview dates. Case is an early one. Then you've got schools like Oregon who are still interviewing now from last cycle.

Sept-Feb/Mar is probably prime time though.

Thanks jeffity I really appreciate it

Sorry for asking a dumb question... but where is everyone seeing their status? I can't seem to find it....

Thanks.

Sorry for asking a dumb question... but where is everyone seeing their status? I can't seem to find it....

Thanks.

Click "Dental School Designations" under the "My Application Status" as shown in the image below.

22fcdg.jpg

Once you open the new page you'll see a "Mailing Date" and a "Mailing Status" for each school.

I was mailed out on the June 23 also. Good luck to everyone and I hope to meet some of you all.!

How long did you guys have to wait before your applications were actually mailed out? Also, if my application hasn't been mailed out yet, should I hold off on the supplements/fee?

Thanks.

How long did you guys have to wait before your applications were actually mailed out? Also, if my application hasn't been mailed out yet, should I hold off on the supplements/fee?

Thanks.
It should be two weeks within verification.
Here's the email i got.
06/14/2012 :
Dear Applicant,

This is an automated notification regarding your ADEA AADSAS 2012 application. Your application has now been Verified, and will be provided to your designated ADEA AADSAS schools within two weeks of today's date. As part of the Verification process, ADEA AADSAS 2012 representatives have checked your entered coursework against the official transcripts that you provided for your Colleges Attended and there may have been changes made to your Coursework section. Please review your Coursework section and the GPAs that are now available in the Status section of your ADEA AADSAS 2012 application and contact ADEA AADSAS 2012 Customer Service at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns. If you send an e-mail to this address, please use the subject line "ADEA AADSAS 2012 Verification Inquiry" to allow us to provide you the most effective and prompt response possible.

Thank you,

ADEA AADSAS Staff

I don't see how a business can defend taking 6 weeks to do anything, unless they are just severly understaffed.....or they have one of the most obvious corporate monopolies in existance :rolleyes:, and dont have to worry about things like "customer service", "justifiable pricing", etc....