Anyone had to REDO or UPDATE their certiphi background check?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyingeagle1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was accepted to schools back in November 2013. I got the certiphi background check request in January like most people. I completed it right away by Jan 19th or so.

Then yesterday I got an email from one of my schools asking me to "update" the background check which basically means to re-submit one. It had a new login code and everything.

Did anyone else have this happen? One reason Im a little surprised is because I'll have to pay this time to redo it...

Members don't see this ad.

I had to dispute mine because they had a previous address wrong. It took them about three weeks. I didn't have to pay any cash though :cigar:

Members don't see this ad :)
The only issue on my report was that it couldn't verify my identity because I have a security freeze on my credit bureaus. I thought this would be a non-issue... I removed my freeze so hopefully that was the issue. Still had to pay arghh :(

The only issue on my report was that it couldn't verify my identity because I have a security freeze on my credit bureaus. I thought this would be a non-issue... I removed my freeze so hopefully that was the issue. Still had to pay arghh :(
how many days did the background search take for you?