Anyone have a 3 Month Study Schedule for Kaplan Materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitaebellaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I took the Kaplan course but ended up getting wrapped up with classes/research (really bad, I know) and ended up doing the bare minimum of going to classes and doing questions afterwords. I went from a 18 on my diagnostic to a 27 on my first FL but after reading some opinions that Kaplan FL scores are usually 2-3 points lower than actual I am a discouraged (I am aiming for a 30-31).

I am planning to take the MCAT in the end of June (and then again at the end of July) and to use my time until then to seriously study. I liked the course and it gave me some good tools but I find myself struggling through the topical sections, getting awful scores, and then having little motivation to study. With my coursework I have been able to PUSHED myself to study in similar situations where the outcome looks bleak and have done well, but I want to try a new method because I am having ZERO confidence going into this test.

I like the idea of doing SN2ed's schedule but after literally draining my savings on the Kaplan course, I don't have the money to spend on the BR books. I know I could use the schedule made by the Kaplan syllabus, but I think I would have better time sticking to a schedule that outlines day to day study objectives. If no one has one offhand and I end up making my own, I will post it on here.

Although I can't afford the BR series, I have thinking about supplementing Kaplan with EK. Has anyone had any experience with this for content review?

Members don't see this ad.

Sell your Kaplan books and buy TBR's books.

If you really want to stick with the Kaplan books, just go through the table of contents and compare it to the number of chapters in TBR books. Then just mimic the same schedule.

I have Kaplan, but actually used SN2ed's schedule, b/c like you I needed a rigid daily structure when I started. Using it present some problems, b/c Kaplan is structured slightly different but it works.

Let me get this straight: You still have access to all the online material, right? B/c that's crucial. The books alone won't do it for you, b/c unlike the other test preps Kaplan is designed as an online prep course w/ the classrooms and books serving as a basic foundation. Heck, Kaplan even tells you to skip the books if you don't have time to review them! Can you imagine BR telling you to skip the books?! there would be nothing left..the two programs are both great, just designed differently.

I have EK books and read them as supplements. And I also have TPRH hyperlearning science workbook--which is not as hard as Kaplan section tests and even Qbank! good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I just made a schedule with the kaplan books resembling SN2 (PM me if anyone is interested) so hopefully the structure will help.

Yes, I still have online access but I am not sure if I have been using it efficiently (like I said, I'm nervous because I have not really been studying as much as I should). I have done the quizzes (haven't really been helping IMO) and the topical tests under the review section. Is there anything else I am missing? I really appreciate the advice. Reviewing the books haven't been helping all too much.
Selling my Kaplan books (I actually inherited a set so I have two...) for TBR would be a good idea but I am having trouble finding a direct buyer to sell them. Might have to just list a set on ebay, but I don't imagine I would get as much as TBR would cost regardless.

Last question: would TPRH be a good supplement for practice sections? Or EK 1001?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have the kaplan materials and want to take the MCAT in 3 months.. I am trying to put together a good study plan.. would you be able to share yours for some ideas?
thanks

Lol... but you immortalized his links by quoting him, he will call that a win.

Hey man, I used Kaplan, and the same thing happened to me. I had a pretty intense internship this summer that ended up in me only being able to attend classes/study on weekends basically. I took the MCAT in August and got a 35. Here's what you do:

Schedule certain days for example: Monday read the review notes for Physics 1 and do the "before class" questions after you rad each section. I loved these little quizzes. They were very helpful after you read to make sure you absorbed the material. Do this until you get through the entire course.

Then, go back and do the subject tests for each section. These were also amazing.

I did all of this for everything except verbal (ugh, verbal) and got (11/9/15). Good luck my dude, you got this.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply! I just made a schedule with the kaplan books resembling SN2 (PM me if anyone is interested) so hopefully the structure will help.

Yes, I still have online access but I am not sure if I have been using it efficiently (like I said, I'm nervous because I have not really been studying as much as I should). I have done the quizzes (haven't really been helping IMO) and the topical tests under the review section. Is there anything else I am missing? I really appreciate the advice. Reviewing the books haven't been helping all too much.
Selling my Kaplan books (I actually inherited a set so I have two...) for TBR would be a good idea but I am having trouble finding a direct buyer to sell them. Might have to just list a set on ebay, but I don't imagine I would get as much as TBR would cost regardless.

Last question: would TPRH be a good supplement for practice sections? Or EK 1001?

Can you share your study schedule?

Hey man, I used Kaplan, and the same thing happened to me. I had a pretty intense internship this summer that ended up in me only being able to attend classes/study on weekends basically. I took the MCAT in August and got a 35. Here's what you do:

Schedule certain days for example: Monday read the review notes for Physics 1 and do the "before class" questions after you rad each section. I loved these little quizzes. They were very helpful after you read to make sure you absorbed the material. Do this until you get through the entire course.

Then, go back and do the subject tests for each section. These were also amazing.

I did all of this for everything except verbal (ugh, verbal) and got (11/9/15). Good luck my dude, you got this.

Could you explain how you planned out the rest of the week? I am taking the kaplan course in June and would like to make my own schedule as well, thanks.