Anyone have any insight on Kaplan's self-paced course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneGoal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was really considering taking the course, I like the online resources that came with the 7 book subject set, but it was very limited. I am wondering if the self-paced is like the full-access version of that plus more? Is it worth it? Did anyone use it for their own MCAT prep and thought that it helped them achieve the score they wanted?

Members don't see this ad.

I have that. I took the MCAT in september but voided it (Chem/Physics performance made me void) -- and Kaplan was nice enough to extend my course for another 4 months for free. I personally do very poorly in classrooms and online lectures/podcasts are really boring to me so I got the self-paced (still has some recorded podcasts though that i never use). Its good in that it comes with the 7 content books + a few more books I didnt really get into, all the AAMC question packs (the best resource IMO), the 2 released official practice exams, 1000 question bank, and 11 Kaplan pratice tests. I think its worth it - there was honestly nothing on the MCAT that was not mentioned somewhere in the Kaplan books. But just keep in mind, Kaplan practice questions are different from the AAMC material questions, and its possible to do bad on Kaplan tests (like around 498-502 average for me- usually 55-60% questions right in each section), but get 80%+ of the questions right on the AAMC sample test.