Program-Specific Info / Q's Anyone hear anything from NYU or Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also was waitlisted this morning. I called and they said that the wait list is unranked (which doesn't really make sense to me..curious if this is just what they tell you) and that they will review all waitlisted applicants when there is a position available.

@A.L.L. did they tell you how many people are on the wait list?

Members don't see this ad.

Was also waitlisted at Columbia -- already put down a deposit at NYU, so I will be taking my name off the list -- hope this is helpful to y'all!

Members don't see this ad :)
It may be different for everyone based on their acceptance date- but I have to reply to Columbia by April 11th with deposit.

Frustrating process. Just heard back from NYU yesterday evening stating I was on the wait list. Feels like I have been waiting for ever and now I have to wait some more, although I am very thankful it was not a rejection.

Not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing to be placed on the waiting list this late...any thoughts on this?

I got waitlisted at Columbia too. Don't know whether to smile or cry. At least it is good to still be in the running. Does anyone know a ballpark number for how many people tend to get in off the waitlist?

I was wait listed as well at both NYU and Columbia. Hopefully there's some movement in the wait list for all of us on it!

I received an email march 25th from NYU.. Waitlisted . I'm still waiting to hear from Seton Hall which is my first choice.

For those of you wait listed at NYU, have you gotten an acceptance or rejection yet?

I haven't heard anything either. I'm also still waiting on Seton Hall

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who submitted their deposit to NYU online? I submitted it last night and there's supposed to be an email confirmation, I think. Does anyone know which email they send it to (NYU email or your previous email)?

Is there anyone who submitted their deposit to NYU online? I submitted it last night and there's supposed to be an email confirmation, I think. Does anyone know which email they send it to (NYU email or your previous email)?

I got an automated receipt from the bursar right after I paid the deposit and then about a week later I got an official confirmation email from NYU Steinhardt with "Thank you for your deposit" in the subject line. Both were sent to my personal email, not my NYU account. If you didn't receive the initial bursar receipt, check your spam folder maybe?

I got an automated receipt from the bursar right after I paid the deposit and then about a week later I got an official confirmation email from NYU Steinhardt with "Thank you for your deposit" in the subject line. Both were sent to my personal email, not my NYU account. If you didn't receive the initial bursar receipt, check your spam folder maybe?
Thanks for the info! It was in my spam folder after all!

Reactions: 1 user
I am also on the wait list for NYU! I've been anxiously waiting to hear for the next wave of news! If they offer me a spot I would absolutely take it!!!!!

For anyone accepted to NYU when is your deadline for submitting a decision?

Thanks!

Hey dreamingbig2014,

I found out on Wednesday that I was accepted off the wait list. They give you 3 weeks from the date of the email to reply. I'm declining as I've already committed elsewhere, so maybe you will hear some good news soon!

I am also on the wait list for NYU! I've been anxiously waiting to hear for the next wave of news! If they offer me a spot I would absolutely take it!!!!!

For anyone accepted to NYU when is your deadline for submitting a decision?

Thanks!

Me too!!! I received a letter from NYU today asking if I would like to remain on the wait list.

I was wait listed, but got accepted today.

Just curious did you get the notification through the mail or email? Also not to pry, but as someone who is still waiting anxiously to hear back I was wondering if you were going to accept the spot or have you committed yourself to another program?

Hey dreamingbig2014,

I found out on Wednesday that I was accepted off the wait list. They give you 3 weeks from the date of the email to reply. I'm declining as I've already committed elsewhere, so maybe you will hear some good news soon!

Thanks for the info anddvo! I'll keep crossing my fingers :)

Also congrats and good luck with the school you chose!!!

Last edited:
Anybody get in from the wait list at Columbia yet?

Hi guys! I was accepted into NYU's MSOT program for this fall but am delaying my decision due to an absurd price tag. Is anyone else having this issue???? Trying to weigh all my options but realize that going to NYU would be a fantastic investment... Have to make decision by tomorrow. HELP!

I was taken off the NYU waitlist today! I was accepted and will most likely be attending :)

I was taken off the NYU waitlist today! I was accepted and will most likely be attending :)
Congrats! Were you notified via email or regular mail about being taken off the waitlist?

I just got accepted to NYU today at 2:38pm pacific time. I was on the waiting list. I'm from California and was wondering how's the living situation near NYU? Is the living expense pricey/will it be possible to get a room out there for about $500 a month? I am in a dilemma... I have been accepted to Loma Linda University and NYU. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I just got accepted to NYU today at 2:38pm pacific time. I was on the waiting list. I'm from California and was wondering how's the living situation near NYU? Is the living expense pricey/will it be possible to get a room out there for about $500 a month? I am in a dilemma... I have been accepted to Loma Linda University and NYU. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Congrats on getting accepted! Unfortunately, you wont find anything for $500. Itll cost about $1,300 to get a shared one bedroom in the city. Thats the cost to live in the city. Even if you live outside the city, you wont find anything for $500.

Congrats! :) Though I'm also sorry to say that you definitely will not find any apartment within that price range :( (especially in the Chelsea area). The cheapest apartments are located outside of the city, and even then the rent is around $900/month-- and that's just for a studio! Have you considered dorming, maybe?

Has anyone accepted to NYU registered for classes yet?

Just got in off the wait list to Columbia! Will definitely be accepting. There's still hope!

Just got an email from being wait listed. Rejected . Oh well, one more year to kick butt and get better grades!

Has anyone heard back from columbia regarding their waitlist status? School starts in a week and I still havent heard from them