Other OT-Related Information Anyone hear back from NYC dept of ed scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTRstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi , can anyone tell me if they heard back from New York City department of education about the OT/PT scholarship? Or if they know of anyone who applied has heard any news whether they got it, we're rejected, or wait listed? The interviews were in June this year and I haven't heard anything. Also, can someone please tell me if they know anyone from past years how they were notified and when?
Thanks !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi OTRstudent, I haven't heard a thing from them either! A friend of mine has the scholarship and she received a letter in the mail around August 15th last year...not sure why it's taking so long this year!

Do you think they will let us know if we were not awarded the scholarship? Or just not contact us? Also, has anyone tried contacting the DOE to ask?

HI Everyone,
I called the NYCDOE at 718-935-2449 and eventually got through yesterday. They connected me to a different extension (sorry i lost the paper i wrote it down on) and I spoke to a woman who said the results were emailed already (no regular mail was going out)and she didn't know why I hadn't received the email. She looked me up and told me that I did not get the scholarship. I still did not receive an email from them and she did double check my email address. Guess they had issues with emailing this year. She said that emails were sent to everyone with their result. Also, in the past I heard there were waitlists but she didn't know anything about it and when questioned said did say that was no waitlist this year. I would try calling to find out your status and maybe you'll get through (usually phone rings and rings with no answer) and get connected to someone who can look you up. Good luck