Anyone hear from any of these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBrocc687

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my PTCAS on September 7. I applied to 8 schools and received the initial e-mails saying that my application made it to all 8. Since then I have only heard back from two schools, Temple and Shenandoah, both of which I have/will interview for.

Has anyone heard from Clarkson, Duquesne, Emory, Franklin Pierce, Simmons or the University of Rhode Island?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Duquesne and haven't heard anything since that initial "Hey we got your materials" email.

I do know that they have an undergrad-to-grad 6 year program so they take very FEW people from outside into the doctorate portion... Some years only 5 people and at most maybe 10-15.

I submitted my PTCAS on September 7. I applied to 8 schools and received the initial e-mails saying that my application made it to all 8. Since then I have only heard back from two schools, Temple and Shenandoah, both of which I have/will interview for.

Has anyone heard from Clarkson, Duquesne, Emory, Franklin Pierce, Simmons or the University of Rhode Island?

I applied really early in the cycle (August) and Franklin Pierce is one of the schools that I applied. I was contacted in October for an interview. I would call the school if I were you to check the status of your application.
Hope that helps! :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
A couple of days after PTCAS mailed my application to my selected schools, I got an email from Franklin Pierce asking that I submit a resume and schedule an interview.

A couple of days after PTCAS mailed my application to my selected schools, I got an email from Franklin Pierce asking that I submit a resume and schedule an interview.

Was that for the AZ campus or the NH campus?

I received an email from Emory yesterday to schedule an interview for January 14th. I submitted PTCAS sometime in early October and finished the supplemental app. a few weeks ago.

One More Rep, can I ask what your stats were. I applied to emory but have not submitted my GRE score yet, waiting to retake it in December

One More Rep, can I ask what your stats were. I applied to emory but have not submitted my GRE score yet, waiting to retake it in December

No problem!

Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 1160 (550V, 610Q, 4.5AW)

I am a career-changer, so I work full time, but have done about 130 volunteer hours in a SCI rehab hospital and working with a pediatric PT. I also coordinate a health-related volunteer program.

Good luck to you!

Any updates?

Excluding Emory, I finally got some info from them.

I interviewed at Emory in Nov and got accepted, they seemed like they do 3...would be my guess....interview session of about 20-30 people and accept as they come until they are full....so if you can interview as early as possible because the spots are filling up! good luck!

I interviewed at Emory in Nov and got accepted, they seemed like they do 3...would be my guess....interview session of about 20-30 people and accept as they come until they are full....so if you can interview as early as possible because the spots are filling up! good luck!

Hey cpt..what did you think of Emory? I am interviewing there Jan 14.. sounds like a full day.. Were you impressed.. I have 3interviews that week which is also first week of spring semester.. Hope my professors are understanding!

Hey cpt..what did you think of Emory? I am interviewing there Jan 14.. sounds like a full day.. Were you impressed.. I have 3interviews that week which is also first week of spring semester.. Hope my professors are understanding!

I interviewed at Emory on December 3 and was accepted December 13. I went to Emory hoping I wouldn't like it very much because it makes choosing a school really hard, but I really loved it. I was really impressed by the staff (a LARGE number of them were either there to meet us or gave us a tour of their research lab) and especially the curriculum. The campus is really beautiful and the facilities are definitely nicer than I've seen at some other schools. Their administration director is really nice and they're obviously very organized if I heard back in 10 days.

Good luck on your interview! It's a long day but it was really relaxed. They fed us three times (crazy) and we got to eat lunch and get a tour with current students. And I wouldn't worry about missing class. I've missed 6 biochem lectures and my professor has done nothing but help me. :)

Incase anyone has applied to Franklin Pierce (NH)/ interviewed, they get back to you within 2 weeks via e-mail. Got an acceptance letter this afternoon. Will be attending in Aug.