anyone hear of a jobless or broke doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sacrament said:
He never claimed he was shocked and disappointed, ******!
I'm eager to see the comeback to this.

Members don't see this ad.

sacrament said:
He never claimed he was shocked and disappointed, ******!

Based on his reaction, it is apparent he was, given that he acted dismayed at my actions.

P.S. Thanks for jumping into the argument, *****. You're like a ******ed boxer who sits around while someone else is fighting and sees what you think is an opening and then jump in. Stop being such a pansy and either stay and get beat down or shut up.

kinetic said:
Based on his reaction, it is apparent he was, given that he acted dismayed at my actions.

P.S. Thanks for jumping into the argument, *****. You're like a ******ed boxer who sits around while someone else is fighting and sees what you think is an opening and then jump in. Stop being such a pansy and either stay and get beat down or shut up.

Dismayed at your actions? Shocked? Hardly. Based on your history round these parts it doesn't shock me at all that you would confront your collegues in your usual caustic manner and have it end with the union of screendoor and ass.

Members don't see this ad :)
kinetic said:

haha... well, yeah, you're exactly right. I do just jump in whenever the desire strikes me. Why would I do otherwise, when you're way too boring to actually trade posts with? I enjoy a good flame war, but you simply have no skill at it.

(I enjoy a good debate, too, but come on... you like to argue, not debate. We're all adults here--except for plazaday--so let's call a spade a spade. You think I'm trying to insult you by calling you a troll, but I'm really not--there are plenty of other reasons to insult you, as I believe I've demonstrated in the past. I think every forum needs some good trolls to spice things up. MEG@COOL is a favorite poster of mine, and he is troll all the way. [I am not implying you are a favorite poster of mine. You suck ass.] )

Though I do have to admit, you may have stumbled upon a interesting tactic with the repeated ad nauseam use of the terms "******" and "*****" and the mind-numbingly dull "I didn't say exactly those words, read the posts again!" response. To me it's just boring and predictable, but I recognize that it definitely is getting under the skin of a lot of folks around here. So while I may disparage your crude approach to trolling, I must grudingly admit it seems to be effective among a certain population. I presume this is a deliberate scheme, as I don't remember you pursuing these same troll tactics prior to your first banning. I assume that you got a desirable response the first time you tossed out a "******" and realized that you had stumbled upon a gold mine.

Because you will incorrectly perceive (or pretend to perceive) that I spent a lot of time on this post, your first instinct will be to respond with something along the generic lines of "sacrament is obsessed with me [and he is a ******.]" I'm going to help you get to the next troll level by challenging you to develop a second instinct. Go!

sacrament said:
haha... well, yeah, you're exactly right. I do just jump in whenever the desire strikes me. Why would I do otherwise, when you're way too boring to actually trade posts with? I enjoy a good flame war, but you simply have no skill at it.

(I enjoy a good debate, too, but come on... you like to argue, not debate. We're all adults here--except for plazaday--so let's call a spade a spade. You think I'm trying to insult you by calling you a troll, but I'm really not--there are plenty of other reasons to insult you, as I believe I've demonstrated in the past. I think every forum needs some good trolls to spice things up. MEG@COOL is a favorite poster of mine, and he is troll all the way. [I am not implying you are a favorite poster of mine. You suck ass.] )

Though I do have to admit, you may have stumbled upon a interesting tactic with the repeated ad nauseam use of the terms "******" and "*****" and the mind-numbingly dull "I didn't say exactly those words, read the posts again!" response. To me it's just boring and predictable, but I recognize that it definitely is getting under the skin of a lot of folks around here. So while I may disparage your crude approach to trolling, I must grudingly admit it seems to be effective among a certain population. I presume this is a deliberate scheme, as I don't remember you pursuing these same troll tactics prior to your first banning. I assume that you got a desirable response the first time you tossed out a "******" and realized that you had stumbled upon a gold mine.

Because you will incorrectly perceive (or pretend to perceive) that I spent a lot of time on this post, your first instinct will be to respond with something along the generic lines of "sacrament is obsessed with me [and he is a ******.]" I'm going to help you get to the next troll level by challenging you to develop a second instinct. Go!

Sac, it's funny. I actually do find you pretty well spoken, but I get a lot of humor value out of your perception of where you stand in the food chain. If Kinetic is pure troll... you need to look at where that leaves you. Other than the blunt insults, you two seem pretty similar from opposite ends of the spectrum.

sacrament said:

Wow, great insult. "You have no skill at flaming. And I do. So I win."

sacrament said:
Though I do have to admit, you may have stumbled upon a interesting tactic with the repeated ad nauseam use of the terms "******" and "*****" and the mind-numbingly dull "I didn't say exactly those words, read the posts again!" response.

As you say, I call a spade a spade. You're a ******, so that's what I call you. Oh, by the way, *****, the reason I tell people to read the posts is because idiots like velocypedalist jump into a thread and demand that I answer a question that I already answered. And you're the one who keeps repeating the ol' "I didn't say that ...stop distorting my words!!! *shriek!!*" line. Oh, wait ...now that you said it, it's no longer mind-numbingly dull, right? Now it's just evidence of witty perception.

sacrament said:
To me it's just boring and predictable, but I recognize that it definitely is getting under the skin of a lot of folks around here.

Ah, yes, note the pomposity and ego. "You positively bore me ...so pedestrian and predictable ...however, on occasion, I deign to lower myself to your level -- merely to show you how awesome I am, of course, not because I'm actually interested in the interaction. Life, you know, is quite boring and bland ...that's the way it is when one is as advanced as myself."

sacrament said:
I presume this is a deliberate scheme, as I don't remember you pursuing these same troll tactics prior to your first banning. I assume that you got a desirable response the first time you tossed out a "******" and realized that you had stumbled upon a gold mine.

Only if you consider mining your stupidity to be "golden." And if that's the case, we're all part of some sick joke.

Oh, by the way, it is quite evident that sacrament is obsessed with me. All that had to happen was Caverject mentioned my name and sacrament thought he could get in some cheap digs ...so here we are. As stated previously, were I to take every opportunity to turn any oblique reference towards me into a huge discussion about my personal life, one would call me a narcissist. And yet, when sacrament does it, CLEARLY he's not obsessed with me. After all, he's quite bored with me.

His solution to his obvious obsession? Simply say "I'm sure you will call me obsessed with you ...that's so generic and boring." Wow! That way, if I call you obsessed with me, it's like I'm playing into your hand!!! You're so freakin' clever!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! I don't know what to do here! I guess I'll just ignore all evidence to the contrary and pretend that you AREN'T obsessed with me! Now I know what you mean when you talk about how awesome you are!!

kinetic said:
\All that had to happen was Caverject mentioned my name and sacrament thought he could get in some cheap digs ...so here we are. As stated previously, were I to take every opportunity to turn any oblique reference towards me into a huge discussion about my personal life, one would call me a narcissist.

normally I'd agree with you, except for the fact that this particular aspect of your life is directly relevant to the OP. Also, the details of this sorted affair aren't spread around this forum nearly as widely as you'd lead us to believe. My understanding of it is still based on a lot of inferences and assumptions, but from my understanding I think my last post summed it up.

MoosePilot said:
How did a doctor get HIV by giving CPR to a suffocating baby? The baby threw up blood into an open cut on the docs mouth? It's pretty unusual for HIV to be transmitted in saliva and then the doc would have to have an open sore or cut in her mouth...

Not claiming to be an expert on the subject of HIV/AIDS, but I was under the impression that salvia, and breast milk were only dangerous to infants who have yet to develop a strong immune system. To me it there is either a piece of pertinent information missing, or this story has been around for a while and has been stretch, and manipulated to fit the circumstances.

Iain said:
I was under the impression that salvia, and breast milk were only dangerous to infants who have yet to develop a strong immune system.

so the doctor was a baby?

yeah this story has probably been stretched. Last I heard you need about 5 gallons of saliva to run a significant risk of transmitting AIDS that way. So for all practical purposes saliva doesn't transmit AIDS, this is widely accepted in the medical community, unless of course you're Senate Majority Leader DR Bill Frist defending misleading abstinence only sex-ed materials.

wait what is this thread about?....holy tangent batman....

Kinetic, my soulmate, I am obsessed with you. Maybe it's because you call me ugly every 5 minutes. Maybe's it because you're so lame when sac pisses you off that all you can do is call him "stupid" or "*****" (like, what are you, 6 years old?). I think you're a beautiful person inside and out. I don't care that you're an unemployed physician who got canned from his IM residency. To me, you're still Numero Uno.

Wait, no, in your own words...

This is from May 2004. From, the Prez himself. Should clear up the mystery.

Cheers!

kinetic
The Prez-O-Dent
7500+ Posts

Default You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!! Just kidding ...heh heh heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardarg89
why the hell do you care so much to have started a thread on this?

This is something I'm pretty passionate about for a number of reasons. When you apply to medical school, you have to prove to some admissions board that "I have no interest in monetary gain ...I am here solely for my love of humanity". If you even raise the SPECTRE of money, you get the old boot. Why? Because (assume hypnotic drone here) everyone knows that medicine is about love of people, not money.

Going through medical school, I had to hear bull about "if you don't love medicine more than anything else in your life, you're not a real doctor (or you won't be able to make it)" from LOTS of attendings. Not in a "I am so great" way, but just matter-of-fact. And you constantly hear the "if you are in it to make money, you're in the wrong field ...go into business or something".

During residency, I had to sit in silence while clawing at my brain every time some jacka$$ wanted to lecture me about "love and compassion and understanding for all patients ...the non-compliant patients are non-compliant because WE don't properly educate them ...the people who treat you like crap are just acting out because they are in a hospital - would YOU like to be in a hospital ..." etc.

Everyone beats themselves bloody to show that they care about people. Face it, probably 80% of you are saying "damn, how did this bastard get to be a physician?" at this point in my post.

Well, I got pissed at my ED because the "physicians" down there were jacking off. They didn't evaluate patients, they left charts blank, they even LIED about information (said tests had been performed that weren't, made up histories and physicals, etc.). I saw LOTS of patients have unnecessary complications as a result. Well, I didn't handle the situation well - I won't lie to you ...in fact, I was a royal a--hole. But I can tell you that it wasn't just me; every other resident saw the same crap go on and complained about it (but they didn't act out like me).

Well, guess what? I was told to basically shut up and cover by my administration. And when I didn't, I got the boot. Am I bitter? Yep. Why? Because these people who have preached to me for the past 6 years about caring for the patient above all else obviously don't give a rat's a$$ about the patient - they care about having people be a "team player" and "go with the flow" and "accept the status quo". Which is fine ...just tell the truth, don't try to act like a saint.

And before you give me the "it's just that one ED" line, think again. I went on the interview trail this year in Surgery (different specialty) and got rejected by EVERYONE. Why? Lots of PDs told me to my face "we just want someone who will follow what we say PERIOD". And ALL of them said "our ED is exactly like that - what are you gonna do?"

Now, I have to face the prospect of not practicing in the medical field ever again (which I actually DO care about more than the money) because I stood up for what I thought was right and for patient care (albeit, as I said, in a jacka$$ way).

That answer your question?

kinetic said:
Oh, by the way, it is quite evident that sacrament is obsessed with me. All that had to happen was Caverject mentioned my name and sacrament thought he could get in some cheap digs ...so here we are. As stated previously, were I to take every opportunity to turn any oblique reference towards me into a huge discussion about my personal life, one would call me a narcissist. And yet, when sacrament does it, CLEARLY he's not obsessed with me. After all, he's quite bored with me.

His solution to his obvious obsession? Simply say "I'm sure you will call me obsessed with you ...that's so generic and boring." Wow! That way, if I call you obsessed with me, it's like I'm playing into your hand!!! You're so freakin' clever!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! I don't know what to do here! I guess I'll just ignore all evidence to the contrary and pretend that you AREN'T obsessed with me! Now I know what you mean when you talk about how awesome you are!!

haha, you couldn't come up with anything else.

And you're the one who keeps repeating the ol' "I didn't say that ...stop distorting my words!!! *shriek!!*" line. Oh, wait ...now that you said it, it's no longer mind-numbingly dull, right?

There was a really funny thread awhile back where I repeat verbatim something that kinetic said (changing like one word or something) and he then all-out attacks it, because he didn't remember posting it in the first place. That was great.

MoosePilot said:
Sac, it's funny. I actually do find you pretty well spoken, but I get a lot of humor value out of your perception of where you stand in the food chain. If Kinetic is pure troll... you need to look at where that leaves you. Other than the blunt insults, you two seem pretty similar from opposite ends of the spectrum.

"Other than the blunt insults?" That's like... all of it. In other words, other than the one thing that defines kinetic as a poster, I'm just like him? Could be. Maybe he drinks coffee and wears pants too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Elysium said:
Kinetic, my soulmate, I am obsessed with you. Maybe it's because you call me ugly every 5 minutes. Maybe's it because you're so lame when sac pisses you off that all you can do is call him "stupid" or "*****" (like, what are you, 6 years old?). I think you're a beautiful person inside and out. I don't care that you're an unemployed physician who got canned from his IM residency. To me, you're still Numero Uno.

Wait, no, in your own words...

That answer your question?

So how is that different from my summary? IM vs. Surgery? Boy, it helps your efforts to cut Kinetic down to bring up something painful like that.

I'm not impressed. If you had any real way to cut him with your wit, you would. Instead you dredge up something nasty from his life. What a wonderful example of humanity.

sacrament said:
"Other than the blunt insults?" That's like... all of it. In other words, other than the one thing that defines kinetic as a poster, I'm just like him? Could be. Maybe he drinks coffee and wears pants too.

Maybe he does. Maybe he spends time on a student doctor forum trying to show he's smarter than everyone else by arguing them into the ground, too. Maybe he's just as entrenched on the right as you are on the left. Who knows where the similarities end?

MoosePilot said:
So how is that different from my summary? IM vs. Surgery? Boy, it helps your efforts to cut Kinetic down to bring up something painful like that.

I'm not impressed. If you had any real way to cut him with your wit, you would. Instead you dredge up something nasty from his life. What a wonderful example of humanity.

Oh, piss off. You're honestly defending someone who sh1ts all over everyone on SDN? Insults people left and right? Calls people stupid and ugly? Is arguably the most hateful person on SDN? That's supposed to represent humanity. Kinetic is an angry small man who has nothing to his life besides this message board. And yes, I agree that we should all feel sorry for him. I don't need to cut him down with my wit. He did that just fine himself.

Go find a better cause than that fool. Save a dolphin or something, man.

MoosePilot said:
Maybe he does. Maybe he spends time on a student doctor forum trying to show he's smarter than everyone else by arguing them into the ground, too. Maybe he's just as entrenched on the right as you are on the left. Who knows where the similarities end?

Entrenched on the left? You have no idea who I am. Yeah, I'm so entrenched on the left that I think welfare is wasting my tax money, I think gun control is essentially a stupid idea, I hate affirmative action, I think Clinton let the military decay, and when I see Portland hippies picketing some restaurant for serving foie gras, I want to run them over in my car. When some heroin junkie stumbles into the ER with an abscess, I would prefer it if we could just kick 'em to the curb and let their arms fall off. I believe that human activity is influencing global warming, but probably not nearly as much as natural processes are. Sure, my stances on what I feel are the most important three or four political issues are liberal stances. But try to get kinetic to name a single position he holds that deviates from the hard right-wing. And try to get him to do it without him calling you a ******. He's worthless as a poster, which would be fine if he was a good troll, but he's also worthless as a troll. He's worthless.

SHUTUP.jpg

geez

Elysium said:
Oh, piss off. You're honestly defending someone who sh1ts all over everyone on SDN? Insults people left and right? Calls people stupid and ugly? Is arguably the most hateful person on SDN? That's supposed to represent humanity. Kinetic is an angry small man who has nothing to his life besides this message board. And yes, I agree that we should all feel sorry for him. I don't need to cut him down with my wit. He did that just fine himself.

Go find a better cause than that fool. Save a dolphin or something, man.

:laugh:

He's a doctor. That's what you aspire to, isn't it?

I never said he represented humanity. Kicking a jackass is still kicking a human being. And Kinetic isn't a total jackass. He does make people feel small. You never do? Sac never does? Never use intelligence against someone like a club (I won't dignify anyone's wit and say like a knife, because I think the club metaphor is much more apt)? Kinetic's been kind to me when I asked him for something and I respect that. I also think he's intelligent and I respect that when he's not using it to demolish people (when they deserve it I sometimes even respect that).

His life is messed up. Probably not like he planned it when he was dreaming about what kind of doc he'd be. That's enough, isn't it? He doesn't need that coming up every time someone wants to hurt him on a stupid online forum.

sacrament said:
Entrenched on the left? You have no idea who I am. Yeah, I'm so entrenched on the left that I think welfare is wasting my tax money, I think gun control is essentially a stupid idea, I hate affirmative action, I think Clinton let the military decay, and when I see Portland hippies picketing some restaurant for serving foie gras, I want to run them over in my car. When some heroin junkie stumbles into the ER with an abscess, I would prefer it if we could just kick 'em to the curb and let their arms fall off. I believe that human activity is influencing global warming, but probably not nearly as much as natural processes are. Sure, my stances on what I feel are the most important three or four political issues are liberal stances. But try to get kinetic to name a single position he holds that deviates from the hard right-wing. And try to get him to do it without him calling you a ******. He's worthless as a poster, which would be fine if he was a good troll, but he's also worthless as a troll. He's worthless.

I'm glad you're not blindly entrenched on the left. I've never benefitted from seeing your other positions. No, I don't know you. Joys of the internet...

He's not worthless. You need to look at him, because you do remind me of him. Next time he's cutting people down, look to see if you've done the same.

MoosePilot said:
I'm glad you're not blindly entrenched on the left. I've never benefitted from seeing your other positions. No, I don't know you. Joys of the internet...

He's not worthless. You need to look at him, because you do remind me of him. Next time he's cutting people down, look to see if you've done the same.

Maybe he's not worthless as a person, I have no idea. He's worthless as a contributor to SDN.

Have I cut people down on here? You better believe it. I've done it and I've enjoyed it and I'll do it some more in the future. But it isn't the only thing I do. It isn't the end-all be-all of my "internet persona", as stupid as that sounds.

I think relatively few of us are very similar to the personality that we put forth on SDN, and so as a human being I have no idea where kinetic stacks up. I like to remember the eighty-seven-page-long histrionic and angry PM that misty sent me awhile back in response to me making fun of the Lounge, and the interesting contrast between what she was perceiving as the "reality of me" and the... well, "reality of me." I really don't give a flying leap about the Lounge, I have all kinds of sh1t going on in my life and SDN is a miniscule part of it. I can't remember the last time anything I read on here stuck with me for more than a few minutes after I logged off. But how is anybody to know that? All they see is what I write. (And I use a lot of italics and sometimes a big font.) And I can even later admit that I don't really care, and nobody even believes it. It's funny... "of course you care, look at what you wrote and how angry it was!" Well, yeah, I wrote that but... well, whatever. And so while my perception of kinetic is that of a bitter and virulent (and very short) man, god only knows. I only see what he writes. He could have all kinds of cool stuff going on, be NBA-sized with a big weiner and just totally chill, laid-back, smoking a doobie and listening to Mozart. And if my suspicion is correct, then a good portion of this is all a troll put-on for his personal amusement (not unlike me telling MoosePilot that his posting style is indistinguishable from that of a pimply pre-teen girl, just because I know he'll get indignant about it, and also possibly because it's true). But here is the thing: I sometimes try to entertain people and make them laugh (not so often anymore, and I probably usually fail, but sometimes not), I will sometimes give advice in pre-allo and allo (that will be ignored but hey I try), I post stuff in the USMLE forums when the time is right, etc. The definition of a troll is somebody who solely posts in order to inflame others. This is why kinetic has become a troll while I have not. (Yet.) And if the only thing you're going to do is troll, you could at least have the decency to put some effort into it. I like to think that some of my trolling efforts in pre-allo were really inspired, and I know that a few others have thought so. I don't want to toot my own horn, but, you know, I try.

I won't say he is obsessed with SDN or with me, or that he gets "all worked up" or that he is bitter or angry or sad or whatever, because I don't know that. I don't have a single clue about his life, and for all I know the whole "I got sh1t-canned from my residency" is just part of the role. Yeah I play along with it, yeah, I've made comments, misty-style, that he is probably a miserable human being in real life. Do I really 100% believe it, deep down? I don't know. I'll never meet him, I'll never know. I will say that he is a worthless contributor to an internet message board. In the scheme of things, that's a pretty goddamn mild insult. But so very true.

MoosePilot said:
:laugh:

He's a doctor. That's what you aspire to, isn't it?

I never said he represented humanity. Kicking a jackass is still kicking a human being. And Kinetic isn't a total jackass. He does make people feel small. You never do? Sac never does? Never use intelligence against someone like a club (I won't dignify anyone's wit and say like a knife, because I think the club metaphor is much more apt)? Kinetic's been kind to me when I asked him for something and I respect that. I also think he's intelligent and I respect that when he's not using it to demolish people (when they deserve it I sometimes even respect that).

His life is messed up. Probably not like he planned it when he was dreaming about what kind of doc he'd be. That's enough, isn't it? He doesn't need that coming up every time someone wants to hurt him on a stupid online forum.
Kinetic has never once been kind to me and has routinely insulted both myself and people I care about. The only people on this forum that I have ever insulted either a) pissed on sacrament, which I will not tolerate or b) have directly insulted me first. Matter of fact, I stopped posting in the Lounge because it had become so alternately cheesy and fake and hateful all at the same time. I don't think that demolishing people on the internet is necessarily something to aspire to or to respect. I do respect that fact that kinetic finished med school, because I know first hand that it's hard as hell and it sucks ass. But do I respect a venomous troll that insists on spewing bile all over SDN? No, I think it's pathetic and embarrasing. It's a pissing contest of the worst kind. I think that someone that got booted from their residency (almost unheard of) should have a little more humility. That's all. And don't tell me that I'm being superior, since I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not kicking ass in school or anything. But what do you expect from "sac's ugly girlfriend"?

P.S. He doesn't even need to respond. He'll jump in with "oh, I insulted her ugly, stupid, *****, ******, dimwit, *******, loser boyfriend and she's just coming to his defense because he's to stupid, lame, obsessed with me, blah blah blah ad infinitum blah blah blah U.N.'s communist blah blah lawyer's are evil mother f-ers that deserve to be drug behind someone's car balah blah post a funny ironic internet picture here because I have no friends and no job blah blah I'm the president and fruitfly's my vice president of Lameass Internet Town, USA, etc.etc." I'm certain it'll be riveting. Maybe instead of applying to residency for the 15th time he can get a job as a writer.

:idea:

BTW, sac, that was a good post. Is it going to be a part of your paper?

;)

Ok, but what do you think about whether you can get the HIV from CPR? Nobody's really answered my question there.

Seriously... some people.

P.S. I do not post like a pimply girl. So I like Evanescense. Lots of manly men like music, right? I've got guns, lots of guns...

velocypedalist said:
normally I'd agree with you, except for the fact that this particular aspect of your life is directly relevant to the OP. Also, the details of this sorted affair aren't spread around this forum nearly as widely as you'd lead us to believe.

Ah, but that's the point, *****. You people are so witless that it's amazing. You see, although I don't disagree that I am relevant to the OP, that hardly constitutes a reason for a third-party to bring my name up. Only someone who was looking for a reason to do so would. Since you were unaware of the details, I'll exclude you; however, let's not be coy here and pretend that there wasn't a REASON that Caverject and sacrament brought my name up -- and it wasn't to "help out" the OP. Both of them were clearly looking for an opportunity to (in their minds) make me uncomfortable by throwing me into the discussion. Especially given the topic, one would assume that this is my personal business and it would be my business to bring myself up should I choose to. This is about as subtle as the Democrats volunteering the information that Dick Cheney's daughter was gay during the last presidential election.

The fact that you say that the knowledge of my "sorted" affair aren't widely known does not undermine that contention; it merely underscores it. Wouldn't you say that the people who I want or who need to know about it already do? For example, let's say I revealed to you in the Lounge that I had failed the MCATs. It's information for all to see if they visit the thread, so I can't claim that it is private. However, what type of person would deliberately spread that information to others in OTHER forums -- and not for instructional or educational purposes? In other words, every time a poster wrote "hey, I feel sorta bummed because I just failed the MCATs -- anyone else ever been in this situation?" you rushed in and said "ask kinetic" and then left. I believe one would normally call such a person an a$$hole, would one not?

So you can sit around with sacrament and Caverject and masturbate all over each other in glee while you feign innocence, but the fact of the matter is that at least two of you have a clear fascination with me. That you three are stupid enough to think that's not obvious is why I call you *****s.

Elysium said:
Maybe it's because you call me ugly every 5 minutes.

Don't kid yourself, ******; do a search and tell me the last time I mentioned you in any sort of referential way, either directly or indirectly. I'll await the results.

Elysium said:
Maybe's it because you're so lame when sac pisses you off that all you can do is call him "stupid" or "*****" (like, what are you, 6 years old?).

Nope, I call it like I see it.

Elysium said:
I think you're a beautiful person inside and out. I don't care that you're an unemployed physician who got canned from his IM residency. To me, you're still Numero Uno.

And I don't care that the pair of you are too stupid to make it into allopathic medical school and were forced to go to an osteopathic school. I mean, although that cements the fact that you're stupid and the pair of you are about as intelligent as my left nut, you're still a-OK in my book. Oh, whoops. That sounded like me making an irrelevant statement about a situation that I'm not a part of -- I wonder who else does that?

sacrament said:
haha, you couldn't come up with anything else.

This constitutes a "come-back"? "haha, you couldn't come up with anything else"? And Elysium (Oh no, I mentioned her name!!! Stop the presses!!!) wonders why I call you stupid? Hey, after telling me how awesome you are at flaming people, didn't you think you could come up with something a little better?

sacrament said:
There was a really funny thread awhile back where I repeat verbatim something that kinetic said (changing like one word or something) and he then all-out attacks it, because he didn't remember posting it in the first place. That was great.

You should find it for me because that sounds interesting. The only thread I remember is the one where you made fun of homosexuals and blacks by saying that I loved gay black cock.

sacrament said:
I really don't give a flying leap about the Lounge, I have all kinds of sh1t going on in my life and SDN is a miniscule part of it.

So on the one hand, you're sooooo cool and awesome that you don't take things personally in the Lounge AND (or because) your life is far more than what happens here. And yet both you and Elysium (who I assume would make the SAME claim) have a "grudge match" thing going on here with me. When's the last time you can honestly say that I talked about Elysium ...and yet here she is still yelling about how much she hates me. (For the record, I give her some credit because, up until now, she was at least intelligent enough to realize that if she doesn't like talking to me, she should NOT TALK TO ME. sacrament didn't make that gigantic leap, however, which is why he's the dumb one of the pair.) Would you not figure that, hey, if this doesn't concern you in the slightest, you wouldn't keep INVOLVING yourself in it? OOOOPS!!!

Keep trying to pretend that you're all mature and above it all, though. It's funny because it's so transparently false.

kinetic said:
And I don't care that the pair of you are too stupid to make it into allopathic medical school and were forced to go to an osteopathic school.

And all this time I thought my school was allopathic. I really should have researched this better. Or you should have, one of the two.

"grudge match"

hahaha... yeah it's taxing my stamina.

I loved gay black cock

Oh, I thought you two went to TUCOM. Is that incorrect?

P.S. Still with the facade of boredom, I see: "The fact that I keep posting here is not evidence of my involvement because it only takes a fraction of my brain to do so ...the other 99% is engaged in some really fascinating stuff!" :laugh:

MoosePilot said:
If you don't care, then I'll fill in the others on the bare skeleton from what I read in the back issues of the SDN Enquirer.

Kinetic was in a surgery residency. He didn't like the standard of care shown by the EM department, which seemed to be something everyone felt, but nobody would do anything about for political reasons. He threw a big fit over it. He's no longer with that residency.

It really doesn't take much to piss people off in the medical profession. I know of a resident who got into it with one other person and they were both fired. Consequently, I have learned to keep my big mouth shut in the hospital.

Thank god (or Lee Burnett) for SDN as an outlet for my frustrations.

MoosePilot said:
Ok, but what do you think about whether you can get the HIV from CPR? Nobody's really answered my question there.

Seriously... some people.

I tried to answer that but somehow it ended in me ripping on Bill Frist

On a side note, Elysium's stone cold, remind me never to get on her bad side :scared:

I PMed you my reply, velocypedalist.

You know what really irks me is when I see my colleagues or future colleagues turn on another doctor. Everyone purports to have such sympathy for the patient, why not for another doctor in need?

Kinetic didn't take the right approach (I would have dropped an anonymous tip to the local news), but he was trying to advocate for his patients. He might be gruff, but at least he is sincere.

What amazes me is that physicians don't care about the issue. My fellow residents said that I should just complete residency and leave and then it would no longer be my problem. Seems like a lot of people talk big about wanting to help people during interviews, but then they don't feel like doing anything about it when push comes to shove.

However, each time I've mentioned the subject (and considering I'm the sole source of information on it, this is fact, since I could easily have omitted details of how I acted or not even told the story), I've stated that I acted the wrong way. But I make no apologies for giving a damn about patients.

Don't you hate when you get kicked out of residency for merely caring too much about your patients? Yeah, me too. Personally, I think part of the problem was that everyone was just jealous of how awesome you are. You simply set the bar too high with patient care, and you set the bar too high in general awesomeness -- and for that you paid dearly. It happens all the time (on mars?).

In all seriousness, whenever I read your posts, my innate hyperbole-meter goes absolutely off the charts. I don't know why, maybe it's partially synthesized from your hilariously implausible dismissal explanation. I'm sure the whole thing had nothing to do with your repulsively acerbic attitude. No, not at all. You were just all about the patient care, man. As they say, you fought the law, and malfeasance won. Poor you. Or should I say, Poor SDN.

Maybe I'm mildly biased because you're a wacked out, chemically imbalanced, fundamentalist republican. Maybe. However, I do agree with you on one point: Sac is definitely a *****.

Hey sacrament, you big dummy, you have a masters in chemical engineering, right? Ha! Only a masters? Idiot. Come back to the argument when you get a REAL chem. engineering degree, like a phd. Double dummy!

signed,

another *****

kinetic said:
SACRAMENT IS STUPED . L O L. !!

1998 - BA
2002 - MD
2005 - CRYING ALONE IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT

kinetic said:
What amazes me is that physicians don't care about the issue. My fellow residents said that I should just complete residency and leave and then it would no longer be my problem. Seems like a lot of people talk big about wanting to help people during interviews, but then they don't feel like doing anything about it when push comes to shove.

However, each time I've mentioned the subject (and considering I'm the sole source of information on it, this is fact, since I could easily have omitted details of how I acted or not even told the story), I've stated that I acted the wrong way. But I make no apologies for giving a damn about patients.

I'm just speculating here, but some of the problem might have been the way in which you raised these issues, not the fact that you raised them alone. By your own admission, "I didn't handle the situation well - I won't lie to you ...in fact, I was a royal a--hole. But I can tell you that it wasn't just me; every other resident saw the same crap go on and complained about it (but they didn't act out like me)." The fact that you spoke out is admirable, the fact that you lost a job over it is deserving of sympathy, but given the manner in which you usually "speak out" I think your attitude might have been the heart of the problem. I wasn't there though, only you can decide if that is true or not.

Your mistake (though I don't expect you to know this) is in thinking that I acted alone; actually, all of the residents felt the same way about the ER and conveyed those opinions to the program director (in a more reserved fashion). However, he kept shoveling us some bureaucratic B.S. about how he was working on the situation and we should just be patient because things would change soon. That had apparently gone on for years (since before I got there). In essence, everyone knew it was a line of bull and had grown to accept the situation (which is why they were just telling me to do my time and leave and don't look back). Was I out of line for acting the way I did? Absolutely. But sending concerned notes and letters and so on wouldn't change the situation -- you would get the same "we share your concerns and are working assiduously to correct the problem; be assured that we are indeed making progress and the situation will hopefully soon be rectified" line.

kinetic said:
Your mistake (though I don't expect you to know this) is in thinking that I acted alone; actually, all of the residents felt the same way about the ER and conveyed those opinions to the program director (in a more reserved fashion). However, he kept shoveling us some bureaucratic B.S. about how he was working on the situation and we should just be patient because things would change soon. That had apparently gone on for years (since before I got there). In essence, everyone knew it was a line of bull and had grown to accept the situation (which is why they were just telling me to do my time and leave and don't look back). Was I out of line for acting the way I did? Absolutely. But sending concerned notes and letters and so on wouldn't change the situation -- you would get the same "we share your concerns and are working assiduously to correct the problem; be assured that we are indeed making progress and the situation will hopefully soon be rectified" line.

hm, that's tough. I can't say for sure I wouldn't have done something "extreme" in a similar situation....I guess it depends how "out of line" you were, did it involve the word "******" ;) ? Anyway, tough situation, more on this later I've got to get back to class.

Actually, on a number of occasions it involved the word "******." PM me if you want to know some examples of what caused me to go berserk on them. I've already posted it elsewhere, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.