Anyone heard back from their schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xsod6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your application has been sent to your schools, have you heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I have...I have an interview in TN next month!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys!!
JuZojV

FL next month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
awesome, good luck to you ladies and gentlemen! let us know how your experience goes.

Just curious, when did you submit your app and did you have all your letters in?
I submitted it the second week of July, and yes all were in by the end of July as well
awesome, good luck to you ladies and gentlemen! let us know how your experience goes.
Thank you and same to you! Good luck all on your interviews.

I submitted my application last week. It was verified within two days, then I turned in my supplemental application by Friday. Pacific emailed me this morning saying I had a complete application and then within a few hours I received another email inviting me to an interview! I feel like I'm getting lucky as far as processing goes...

I submitted my application last week. It was verified within two days, then I turned in my supplemental application by Friday. Pacific emailed me this morning saying I had a complete application and then within a few hours I received another email inviting me to an interview! I feel like I'm getting lucky as far as processing goes...

That's awesome! Yours did process very quickly. Good luck on your interview!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
that is awesome! I submitted my supp app to Pacific on the 12th. It still only says Submitted. However, it just takes them time to say yay or nay but hopefully I get to make a trip out to Portland, and drive out to Forest Grove, hopefully this goes down in the winter, love to see some snow and enjoy the cold weather for a couple of days.

Thanks! I sort of feel like the stars just must have aligned behind the scenes for everything to get processed that quickly. I'm not going to be there in the winter unfortunately, but I'm excited to go. Oregon is beautiful.

heard back today about an interview at SCO in sept! see you guys there!!

I heard back today from IUSO about Admissions Day! ICO contacted me as well, but just to say they got my application.

same about IUSO! I guess IUSO doesn't have interviews they just have an "admissions day" where if you don't act like a total weirdo you get accepted ?? not sure how it works haha

same here with IUSO! and UAB and Nova.

Interview with UAB in September. And SCO said they could offer me an interview as soon as I take my OAT and fax them my scores (next week). Ahhh!

Submitted my application on 8/18 and got invited for an interview at SUNY yesterday so far. Nothing from the other 4 schools I applied to except more supplements and fees :(

Nova, SCO, IUSO, PCO, and Salus so far!!

Nova, Southern, SUNY, and Pacific have invited me for interviews. Midwestern, Western, SCCO, and NECO have all emailed me telling me everything is in and they are reviewing my application.

I got an invitation from IUSO of the Admission Day and I scheduled on Oct. 3rd. Does anyone know what to expect? And I also got an interview from PCO, where can i find the interview structure of PCO? Thanks

So I already had interviews at PCO and Nova, and I have one scheduled for Western, but I was wondering if anyone has applied and heard back from UHCO? I just turned in my supplemental application last week, but I'm not even sure if they received my OptomCAS app. I've tried emailing and calling their office, but I guess nobody's there to answer my question...

I submitted my app and supp app back in July, still have not heard anything as to if they received my application No update either on the online portal.

I got an invitation from IUSO of the Admission Day and I scheduled on Oct. 3rd. Does anyone know what to expect? And I also got an interview from PCO, where can i find the interview structure of PCO? Thanks

Click on the link for feedback from students that have interviewed at at the schools.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/?view=optometry

to view the feedback click on the #( not the school name) in the row of the school under the interview feedback column.

So I already had interviews at PCO and Nova, and I have one scheduled for Western, but I was wondering if anyone has applied and heard back from UHCO? I just turned in my supplemental application last week, but I'm not even sure if they received my OptomCAS app. I've tried emailing and calling their office, but I guess nobody's there to answer my question...
I'm just wondering, how long did it take for you to hear back from Western??

Set up an interview with WesternU today! As soon as I emailed the prerequisite checklist, I got a call. :p Anyone interviewing there in October??

I'm just wondering, how long did it take for you to hear back from Western??

I want to say it took a little less than two months? I sent in my OptomCAS app in July and heard back last week. I haven't even turned in my supplemental app yet though.

UH is pretty slow when it comes to things, I've heard that sometimes you just have to be persistent with it. I've actually heard back from UHCO however, it was about a week or so after I submitted my supplement. I think it takes them a while to process so you should hear back soon!

I am flying to Philly on 23rd. How did you feel about the interview of PCO? I am having a hard time finding the hotel closest to Salus U. Where did you stay the night before the interview day? Thanks!

I am flying to Philly on 23rd. How did you feel about the interview of PCO? I am having a hard time finding the hotel closest to Salus U. Where did you stay the night before the interview day? Thanks!

I have family in Philly so I stayed with them, but PCO is kind of outside the city so it might be hard to find a hotel nearby. Sorry :/ But the interview is extremely laid back! I was freaking out since it was my first one, but I think I spent a total of 15 minutes with the interviewer and that includes the time she spent reviewing my file to make sure I had everything turned in.

Interviewing at ICO on Sept 26th & OSU on Oct 3rd! Still waiting to hear back from SCO...

I recently had my interview with UH and got my acceptance letter! It took a few weeks (like 2-3 weeks) for them to contact me after I submitted my supp app, so I would give it a little more time to process. If nothing by then, try emailing/calling the admissions office. Good luck!

Interviewing at ICO on Sept 26th & OSU on Oct 3rd! Still waiting to hear back from SCO...
I will have my interview at ICO on 30th!!! On 26th I have NECO.

I have family in Philly so I stayed with them, but PCO is kind of outside the city so it might be hard to find a hotel nearby. Sorry :/ But the interview is extremely laid back! I was freaking out since it was my first one, but I think I spent a total of 15 minutes with the interviewer and that includes the time she spent reviewing my file to make sure I had everything turned in.
15 mins??!!! That's so laid back! What did you do for the rest of your day?

15 mins??!!! That's so laid back! What did you do for the rest of your day?

It was mostly just touring the school. We also drove over to their clinic which is about 15 minutes away from campus. I think my day was about 5 hours long, from 9 AM-2 PM.

Farsbo how long after ico received your optomcas application did you receive your supplemental app

Would anyone like to share some details about the UAB interview? :)

Yes, heard back from Nova and Suny. However, I applied without an OAT score, so most schools generally like to wait for OAT scores prior to interview

Set up an interview with WesternU today! As soon as I emailed the prerequisite checklist, I got a call. :p Anyone interviewing there in October??

Congrats! I just submitted my OptomCAS and supplemental applications to them yesterday! I also emailed my prerequisite checklist. Can you tell me what your timeline with them looked like? I'm anxiously awaiting an interview invite!

quick question for everyone who applied to ICO, I just filled out my supplemental and submitted it a few days ago, how long after you submitted your supplemental did you receive a invitation for an interview. Thank you

quick question for everyone who applied to ICO, I just filled out my supplemental and submitted it a few days ago, how long after you submitted your supplemental did you receive a invitation for an interview. Thank you
I received an interview invitation the next day.

I submitted mine on a Thursday so hopefully i hear back the beginning of this week

I recently submitted my OptomCAS and supplemental applications to SCCO, Western, Pacific, Midwestern and Indiana. For anyone who's heard back from these schools, how long before you received an interview invite? And acceptance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maliboo how long ago did u submit ico told me it would take 1 to 2 weeks to hear back so im gonna wait a little then probably call to check my status.