Anyone heard from Duke, VCU, ODU, Arcadia, Shenandoah?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thornhsn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far i've been rejected from Pitt, Thomas Jefferson, and Marymount so I was just wondering who has heard from Duke, VCU, ODU, Arcadia, and Shenadoah just to get an idea of where I might still have a chance haha.

I know Arcadia was supposed to have sent out decisions by mid february so i'm curious as to why I haven't heard anything back yet.

I've heard that a bunch of people have already had interviews with Shenandoah and were offered acceptance.

A few people seem to have already interviewed at Duke.

Sorry for the rambling, i'm just trying to figure out where I stand. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I heard from Shenandoah and ODU a little while ago. I interviewed at Duke in January but i know their still doing interviews and are planning on it until march/april. As far as VCU, I heard from them that their next round of acceptances (they don't do interviews) go out on the first week of March. Hope that helps.

I heard from Shenandoah a while ago, but haven't heard anything from ODU or VCU yet. I know of one person that got a rejection from VCU last week, and one that got accepted 2 weeks ago. Their deposit was due this past mon., so I'm hoping that the next round of letters go out soon. I asked ODU for an update right after thanksgiving, and still haven't heard anything from them. Good luck- I'm sure you'll hear from and get into somewhere within the next couple of weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just guessing here, but with more schools using PTCAS I assume students are applying to more schools since it is easier to do so. As a result, the best applicants are being accepted to several schools and often sending deposits to hold places until all schools have made a decision. This will result in more people declining admission offers and forfeiting deposits, therefore raising the likelihood of waitlisted applicants moving up or receiving an admissions offer later than usual.

As far as Duke, I think they've done maybe 5 interview days at this point. 20 people per interview is 100 interviewees so far for a class of 65. I believe they have 8 interview days scheduled. About half of their applicants are NC residents. Since UNC and ECU both offer excellent programs at in-state prices, I know several people in past years who declined Duke offers to take advantage of lower tuition at UNC or ECU.

Good luck!

Still never heard back from Arcadia either but when I emailed them they mentioned that one round of acceptances had gone out and a second was to go after February 2nd. I am assuming it's gonna be a no for me!

Still never heard back from Arcadia either but when I emailed them they mentioned that one round of acceptances had gone out and a second was to go after February 2nd. I am assuming it's gonna be a no for me!
yeah i havent heard either. dont really care anyway. i havent seen a thing thats really that appealing about arcadia anyway

I heard from Shenandoah and got accepted at the beginning of January. I believe I was the second day of interviews. I didn't apply to the other schools that you mentioned except for ODU and still haven't heard from there. I find that really strange because Shenandoah and ODU were due at the same time. I sent in my deposit to Shenandoah and will be going there in the fall. I was really impressed with their program.

You didn't hear back from Shenandoah yet? Did you get an interview?

Good luck!

accepted to VCU a few weeks back!

Congrats aksexton :) and no I haven't gotten an interview from Shenandoah yet. I haven't heard a thing!

Also congrats dpt4me! VCU is my top choice so I hope i'll be joining you!

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far, it's been very helpful! Now if some letters would just get here that would be great!

As I recall, ODU didn't respond to my daughter until late April last year. By then she had already decide where to go.

I got the rejection from ODU this past weekend, so i'm still waiting to hear from VCU, Arcadia, Duke and Shenandoah. I was thinking about calling Shenandoah and Duke to just ask about the status of my application and inquire about interviews since I know they both do that. Does anybody know if Arcadia interviews? I know VCU doesn't.

Arcadia does not do interviews. I still haven't heard from them - not sure that I ever will. Good Luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally heard back from VCU last thurs., and was rejected. I had been told that I was in the next tier of applicants to be admitted, so it was a bit of a bummer, especially combining that with the fact that I just graduated from there. I still haven't heard from ODU, and at this point, don't think I care. Pretty content on SU. About schools that don't interview- why don't they? I thought maybe size would play a role in this due to high amounts of applicants, but in the end, places that I interveiwed at still were accepting the same amount of people for their program, so I don't understand the rationale. I know that the interview is what got me accepted by schools, and have met people that got into other places that I didn't, and to put it nicely, was not very impressed by either they're demeanor, work ethic, drive for the program or pt in general. Anyways, not trying to change the subject. Best of luck- I know how frustrating the waiting game is.

Last edited:
I finally heard back from VCU last thurs., and was rejected. I had been told that I was in the next tier of applicants to be admitted, so it was a bit of a bummer, especially combining that with the fact that I just graduated from there. I still haven't heard from ODU, and at this point, don't think I care. Pretty content on SU. About schools that don't interview- why don't they? I thought maybe size would play a role in this due to high amounts of applicants, but in the end, places that I interveiwed at still were accepting the same amount of people for their program, so I don't understand the rationale. I know that the interview is what got me accepted by schools, and have met people that got into other places that I didn't, and to put it nicely, was not very impressed by either they're demeanor, work ethic, drive for the program or pt in general. Anyways, not trying to change the subject. Best of luck- I know how frustrating the waiting game is.
i go to ODU and went to one of their "open houses" and they said that they don't interview because they get applicants from across the country and not everyone can afford to fly or drive across the country for the chance of getting into a school. They also said that they used to do interviews and when someone could not make an interview due to flying or some other reason they were automatically removed from consideration. So they were sort of getting rid of good applicants simply because they couldn't make the interview. I think interviews are great, but i totally understand their reasons. hope this clears some stuff up

i go to ODU and went to one of their "open houses" and they said that they don't interview because they get applicants from across the country and not everyone can afford to fly or drive across the country for the chance of getting into a school. They also said that they used to do interviews and when someone could not make an interview due to flying or some other reason they were automatically removed from consideration. So they were sort of getting rid of good applicants simply because they couldn't make the interview. I think interviews are great, but i totally understand their reasons. hope this clears some stuff up

Hello. Thank you for your input! If you have the time, would you mind pm'ing me on how you like the program? I would love to hear from a current student on what you think the program's major focuse(s) are on, student life in hampton, dealing with that god-awful tunnel, etc.. Thanks!

I just got the rejection from VCU today. I think schools should give phone interviews at least so that they can see more than just the numbers. I'm really hoping to get into SU but if I haven't gotten an interview so far, i'm not sure how good my chances are.

For anyone still waiting to hear from Arcadia, I received this message today:

"We are still forming our class, so the final determinations have not yet been made. You will receive an official letter detailing the status of your application within the next two weeks."

Thanks ajune, i got a flyer in the mail from them saying to get to know the financial advisor so I was confused that maybe i'd missed a letter from them but now I know that the decision is coming!

Thanks ajune, i got a flyer in the mail from them saying to get to know the financial advisor so I was confused that maybe i'd missed a letter from them but now I know that the decision is coming!

Yeah I got that too so I decided to email them! I think schools are having a really hard time getting their classes figured out! I wonder if anyone has been put on a wait list for Arcadia?

Finally heard from my last school- ODU...rejected. Seals the deal with SU for me. The rejection was rather interesting in that it gave me the average stats for those accepted this year (overall gpa, pre-req gpa, gre verbal, gre quant.), all of which I was way above average except for the quant. gre score that I was about 70 points below. I know I said this in a different thread before, but it really goes to show how important your observation hours are when applying, especially when the school doesn't interview. For those applying next year, keep in mind that though you may be killing yourselves for 100+ hours to just be a fly on the wall, some applying have 1000's+ hours working as aids and can put those for their hours (even if they only do heat/cold, electric stim, and help with paperwork)- only saying this because if I could've changed one thing about my application, that would've been it. Thornhsn- I wish you the best of luck, and hope you hear good news from Arcadia soon!

Last edited:
Got waitlisted at Arcadia yesterday - or rather would be waitlisted provided I give them a $500 deposit!