Anyone here applied late (ie. september, october) when you were a predent and got in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsfree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied in October and got 5 interviews and was accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I had my application sent out the 1st of November. Yeah you read that right. I'm in but I got to admit that was one stressful wait. No pre-december interviews (lolz)

Possible but only if you have great stats....

I think my application was sent late September, early October. I applied to four schools and got interview invites at 4, but only accepted two invitations. One was a pre-December interview so I got my acceptance from there Dec 1. The other was a post December and I was accepted off the waitlist there later. So you have a shot, just don't go snooping around these interview threads all the time or you will drive yourself crazy.

there are so many dental schools now, you could literally fill out a blank application form and still get accepted somewhere. all they want is your money. good luck

there are so many dental schools now, you could literally fill out a blank application form and still get accepted somewhere. all they want is your money. good luck

As someone who is in the cycle, I am getting a different feeling. At least at the schools I've interviewed at, it's insanely difficult.

Your post made me curious....what is the ratio of applicants:accepted?
So I looked it up. Per ADEA statistics, out of 11,789 applicants in 2015, only 5,943 enrolled. That is a 50.4% rate.

5,846 people applied to dental school and did not enroll.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who is in the cycle, I am getting a different feeling. At least at the schools I've interviewed at, it's insanely difficult.

Your post made me curious....what is the ratio of applicants:accepted?
So I looked it up. Per ADEA statistics, out of 11,789 applicants in 2015, only 5,943 enrolled. That is a 50.4% rate.

5,846 people applied to dental school and did not enroll.
Don't post this in the countdown to Dec 1 thread, lol.

Reactions: 1 users