Anyone interview at University of New England UNE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptapplic2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I have an interview at UNE coming up later this month.....has anyone interviewed there? If so could you give me some information on questions, format, what you thought of the campus and program? Also, how long did it take for them to let you now about acceptance? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview there on 3/20, good luck... pm me with how it went
Jason

Hi-

I have an interview at UNE coming up later this month.....has anyone interviewed there? If so could you give me some information on questions, format, what you thought of the campus and program? Also, how long did it take for them to let you now about acceptance? Thanks in advance!
I've interviewed at UNE and let me just tell you, you have NOTHING to worry about. Don't be nervous (but of course be prepared). There'll be about 20 to 30 others interviewing on the same day so different people will have different schedules. (Oh and on that note, don't let anybody there intimidate you. Some applicants are younger, some are older. Some ask a lot of intelligent questions, others are quiet. All this doesn't matter and you never know how they'll actually interview one-on-one so just focus on being you and being relaxed). However, the day will start off with a luncheon, welcome remarks, and info about the program there. There'll also be a panel of students to answer your questions and take you on the campus tour. Sometime during all of this, you'll be pulled out of the room for a 30 minute one-on-one interview with a member of the faculty.

They'll ask you basic questions like what attracted you to the program etc. They're very nice and they make the interview feel like a laid-back friendly conversation where they're trying to get to know you and you try to get to know them. Essentially, the person interviewing you will not have seen your application and they'll only be given minimum info such as your name, major, age, where u're from etc. They try to prevent interviewer bias that way. As for the campus and the program, it's all subjective so I'll let you see for yourself ;) They offered me an admission letter less than two weeks after the interview. So relax! It'll be just fine! Keep us posted on how it goes. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
DPTjourney, Thanks for taking the time to answer. Your feedback is really helpful. It puts my mind at ease to know what I'm in for and it sounds pretty relaxed. Have you made your final decision yet?

Jason- I'll pm you after my interview and let you know what I thought.

Hey guys,
I just found out this school from the PharmCAS, and just added this school not to long ago. The PharmCAS already mailed my info. to the school on 2/9. May I ask those who already got an interview or will have an interview; when did you guys apply?

If anyone is interested I've started a Facebook group for people starting PT at UNE in the fall. Search Rob Morrison and look for a guy with a beard in a black shirt at a lake or search UNE PT class of 12'. Just looking to meet class mates before starting, figure out housing and whatever else. I'm from Maine and can answer questions about the area if you have them.

See you in class,

Rob

Last edited:
I have an interview on 3/26 at UNE and am SUPER nervous. This is the second time I'm trying to fly out there from California. I originally had an interview in February but had to fly back because I couldn't fly into Maine due to weather. The LAST thing I want to do is destroy the interview since I really like this school. :scared: