Anyone only use EK for studying the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

I feel like EK is way too brief on content review. It seems like it should only be used as a refresher if you are already know the subject very well.

I only used EK home study books the first time I took the Mcat. This time around I'm thinking about switching to TBR.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are re-taking obviously you aren't satisfied with your score and hence you shouldn't follow the same strategy you used last time. Yes, I would recommend BR, particularly if you thought EK was too cursory in its content review.

What I'm doing is using EK 9th edition (MCAT 2015 topics) as my main source, because it is so concise and most of the material is review anyway, but for topics that are not explained as thoroughly as I need them to be, I supplement with old TBR books. Why old TBR books? Becuase using new EK books already focuses me on MCAT 2015 topics, and TBR explains things so eloquently and thoroughly, and yet I save tons of money by using older versions.

Reactions: 1 user