Anyone stick with SN2ED without success?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shipley231

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a couple of weeks into SN2ED's schedule and I do believe that it is one of the most effective ways to prepare for the MCAT for the large majority of pre-med students, however until I start taking FL's it is somewhat difficult to gauge how I'm doing on the passages that I am practicing.

I wanted to know if anyone out there truly stuck the schedule out all the way through and didn't get an acceptable score on their test (i.e. mid 20's and below).

This may not be the most popular thread since many people try to encourage more enthusiasm, but I'm more of a realist and understand that not everyone is made the same and studies the same.

Let me know how it went for you and why you think it didn't help you the way you hoped, and any advice you can give!

Members don't see this ad.

There was recently a poster who stuck to it and got a 17. They did even more work than the SN2d schedule. I really think that's an extreme situation, however. A lot of people are successful with it if they stick to it and are able to realize their weaknesses/learn from mistakes.

On a positive note, I quit SN2d and switched to TPRH. Once I went over the same material I had already covered in Berkeley Review, my scores were a lot higher on those chapters. So I went back to the SN2d schedule.

Yeah right now my plan is to take the AAMC self assessment after my content review and really try to hammer out any weaknesses that I will have at that point (most likely a good bit or o-chem since I haven't had my pre-req o-chem classes). At that point I will take and hopefully learn as much as possible from the AAMC FL's and SA.

I know that my nerves wont settle until I get my first FL's out of the way and hopefully get a somewhat decent score.

Reactions: 1 user
I think in order to be able to follow through with the SN2ed schedule requires a certain level of motivation. At that point, as long as you have the drive, it probably doesn't matter as much what type of schedule you use.

Members don't see this ad :)
On a positive note, I quit SN2d and switched to TPRH. Once I went over the same material I had already covered in Berkeley Review, my scores were a lot higher on those chapters. So I went back to the SN2d schedule.

How was the score difference? So you're an advocate of SN2ED?

I stuck with it and got a 10/5/10 in Jul 2012. SN2ed's schedule is what it is, an excellent way to organize and practice all the content needed for homestudy.

I stuck with it and got a 10/5/10 in Jul 2012. SN2ed's schedule is what it is, an excellent way to organize and practice all the content needed for homestudy.

Have you re-taken since then? Did you expect that low of a verbal after practice tests?

Have you re-taken since then? Did you expect that low of a verbal after practice tests?

I retook last month, still awaiting my scores. My Verbal fluctuated from 6-10 but swayed more towards an 8 on average. Nope, I didn't expect to come out with a 5 on VR.

If your VR is strong 9+, then SN2ed's program should work as advertised assuming you also work on identifying and plugging any holes in content knowledge.