anyone studying on EAD status ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enamelina

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,
i want to know if anyone on sdn here is studying or planning to study on EAD status.....if someone is , pls let me know the procedure u went thru..did u have to get a F1 visa or did u just continue on EAD ?
Any input will be highly appreciated!!!

P.S: in order to avoid questions like what is ead etc,,,EAD is a stage when ur green card is in process...so people who are familiar with it and have gone thru it alone can help.

Thx
enamelina.

Members don't see this ad.

enamelina said:
hey all,
i want to know if anyone on sdn here is studying or planning to study on EAD status.....if someone is , pls let me know the procedure u went thru..did u have to get a F1 visa or did u just continue on EAD ?

P.S: in order to avoid questions like what is ead etc,,,EAD is a stagewhen ur green card is in process...so people who are familiar with it and have gone thru it alone can help.

Thx
enamelina.

Hi
i didnt knew we can study on EAD status.Well my labour is not clear yet. But anyways, ill try to collect information about it and will let u kno.
bye :thumbup:

enamelina said:
hey all,

P.S: in order to avoid questions like what is ead etc,,,EAD is a stage when ur green card is in process...so people who are familiar with it and have gone thru it alone can help.

Thx
enamelina.
Yes... you can study on EAD...No need to get a F1 VISA, just inform the univestiy status of your green card processing, on EAD you can study & work.

Members don't see this ad :)
thx docnids, thx ctv. :) :) :)

H,

I was wondering which school u will b joining.

All the best to u.

ckvk

enamelina said:
hey all,

Thx
enamelina.

Hey enamelina,

remember me....from UCSF. Anyway EAD is fine to study and work, without going through any immigration/ visa hassel. If I get into a program I am going to be a student with EAD. I checked this fact with one of my predecessor. BTW congrats on your BU acceptance.

thanks rahmed...i do remember you ! :)

hi Enamelina
Remember me. First of all congrats for your acceptance to BU. Are you Joining BU or somewhere else. Wish you all the best.
Monika

monika sharma said:
hi Enamelina
Remember me. First of all congrats for your acceptance to BU. Are you Joining BU or somewhere else. Wish you all the best.
Monika

hey all,
i'm glad to let u all know that i have been accepted into 2 good schools- BU and UCSF ,I have made my decision and I have accepted BUSDM's offer of admission and I have opted out of UCSF !
BU was always my first choice and i'm really really happy I got accepted into both schools i was interviewed.
I have DECLINED ADMISSION at UCSF..and i wish everyone good luck.
rgds,
enamelina
BUGSDM CLASS OF 2008

Yes... you can study on EAD...No need to get a F1 VISA, just inform the univestiy status of your green card processing, on EAD you can study & work.
But my school is asking me to transfer it to f1, pls help me. How can I study on ead even if my green card is pending