anyone taking animal nutrition online this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ep12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone currently taking an online course for animal nutrition? i was looking into Ok state and perdue, but I'm not sure which one is better? Can anyone recommend some?

Members don't see this ad.

I know there are tons of old threads that discuss this, but I don't have time to look for them right now. I'm taking animal nutrition through Ok State, but it's not online. They mail you the textbook, along with a "study packet" that has the homework assignments. You answer the questions, email them in, and then email the school when you're ready to take the test. You'll have a year to complete the course. The professor who grades is really good about getting your grades back to you quickly and promptly answering any questions. I've found it pretty easy. There are 5 tests, and 13 homework assignments.

There are several threads on this topic already. You can do a search at the top right of the forums list. I took the one at Rutgers this past fall, I can't say how it compares to others, but I have no complaints about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i saw some of the other threads but some of them are older and I'm not sure if the same professors are still teaching etc.

The courses should still be set up in the same way. Who's teaching it doesn't really have much to do with anything - it's just the person you email with questions and who grades the assignments. The course would be taught in the same way. So, previous opinions are probably still pretty valid.

I know there are tons of old threads that discuss this, but I don't have time to look for them right now. I'm taking animal nutrition through Ok State, but it's not online. They mail you the textbook, along with a "study packet" that has the homework assignments. You answer the questions, email them in, and then email the school when you're ready to take the test. You'll have a year to complete the course. The professor who grades is really good about getting your grades back to you quickly and promptly answering any questions. I've found it pretty easy. There are 5 tests, and 13 homework assignments.
How do you take the tests? Do you need a proctor?

How do you take the tests? Do you need a proctor?

You do need a proctor; it can be taken at a test center or proctored by someone in your university's registrar's office, a dean, or a librarian. The test is multiple-choice and true/false. 50 questions with an hour time limit. The last test took me 15 minutes.

Does anyone know anything about using an international edition copy of the book for OSU's correspondence course? I ask mainly because it is significantly less expensive...

Does anyone know anything about using an international edition copy of the book for OSU's correspondence course? I ask mainly because it is significantly less expensive...

My experience with international editions is that they are usually the exact same as US versions, maybe just paperback vs a hardcover. And yes, while it's significantly less expensive, just be careful with who you but them from and make sure you trust the source. As far as OSU is concerned, I don't know how it matches up with their book...I just know from prior experience that I haven't had a problem.

I took the correspondence course online through K-state and I did not need a proctor (though I got permission from the prof). A few assignments and 3 or 4 tests, all online...and the prof answered my emails very promptly.

I took NCSUs comparative nutrition and absolutely loved it.