Anyone taught for Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenGirl28

Wisconsin c/o 2019
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on the forum taught prep courses for Kaplan before? I got invited to interview for a gig teaching SAT/ACT, apparently based on my recent GRE score. $25/hour part-time evenings and weekends sounds like the perfect second job to save money for vet school!

I'd love to hear anyone's personal experience teaching entrance exam courses, for Kaplan or other companies. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I've taught for C2 Education (ap and sat sciences) and now for Huntington (act prep). Also worked at a learning center for three years and did college chemistry and biochemistry, and worked post graduation at my university as a teaching assistant.

I completely agree with you, it is a great way to save money for vet school, and the schedules tend to be very flexible. What I really loved about my teaching jobs were my coworkers really wanted to be there, it was also so relaxing and a great break going into work! :) I'm in school now, and try to give no more than 5 or 6 hours a week (more if no exams, etc).

Best of luck applying!

Thank you so much for your response! I'm going through Kaplan's interview process now (4 separate interviews!) so hopefully I'll get to teach for them next semester. Good luck to you as well! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck!! Fingers crossed :):xf::luck:

I taught GRE classes (and occasional SAT classes) for The Princeton Review all through vet school.... LOVED it. No kidding - it was absolutely the most enjoyable and rewarding job that I've ever had. (Yes, even more rewarding than veterinary medicine. I dream of leaving vet med for teaching on a regular basis.... maybe someday they'll finally open up the one full-time position at the local vet tech school.) Great pay, very flexible scheduling (course schedules were posted at the start of each semester and you could sign up for as many or as few as you felt that you could handle), and such a rewarding job. If Kaplan is anything like The Princeton Review, I would HIGHLY recommend it!!

Thanks, chickenlittle! That sounds like an awesome job - I'm super excited about the prospect of teaching! And it's awesome you've found something you're so passionate about! I hope you're able to teach vet med some day! :)

I taught GRE classes (and occasional SAT classes) for The Princeton Review all through vet school.... LOVED it. No kidding - it was absolutely the most enjoyable and rewarding job that I've ever had. (Yes, even more rewarding than veterinary medicine. I dream of leaving vet med for teaching on a regular basis.... maybe someday they'll finally open up the one full-time position at the local vet tech school.) Great pay, very flexible scheduling (course schedules were posted at the start of each semester and you could sign up for as many or as few as you felt that you could handle), and such a rewarding job. If Kaplan is anything like The Princeton Review, I would HIGHLY recommend it!!

I feel the same way about my job sometimes! I love working with the students. One of the best parts about teaching is all of the interesting stories people have too! Love learning about their lives. Also those moments where things click for them, and they start improving. Proud mom moment lol! :)