Anyone use EK Organic Chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeMoNdOgDFM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting it, but I also have BR. In the interest of time, will EK Organic Chem give me a solid background for the very few passages of Organic Chem on the actual exam? BR is really in depth.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about getting it, but I also have BR. In the interest of time, will EK Organic Chem give me a solid background for the very few passages of Organic Chem on the actual exam? BR is really in depth.

EK gives you all you need to know and only what you need to know. No fluff. If your understanding of o-chem was pretty solid when you took the courses, EK should be more than enough to refresh your memory and to get you understanding o-chem again. It worked well for me, and I had a relatively o-chem-heavy BS section (3 passages).

How long was the EK Orgo book?

The EK orgo book was pretty short, very concise and useful information though. It really does give you all you need to know, provided that you have a rudimentary understanding of organic chemistry from your undergrad classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds good. I feel like I might use EK Orgo despite having BR because BR seems very in depth and I don't want to spend all my time on Orgo when it is a small section of the BS section

Can anyone compare it to EK GenChem? I had trouble with the explanation in it so I was just wondering if I would have trouble with EK Ochem as well.

I am writing my MCAT in August and will finish my year of orgo at the end of this school year. I feel like I know it pretty well and as far as content goes, I should be good using EK. But, for practice would you guys still suggest buying the BR books?