Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Anyone use EK Organic Chem?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DeMoNdOgDFM, 02.25.12.

1. DeMoNdOgDFM

DeMoNdOgDFM

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm thinking about getting it, but I also have BR. In the interest of time, will EK Organic Chem give me a solid background for the very few passages of Organic Chem on the actual exam? BR is really in depth.
  2. Cinclus

Cinclus =^..^= Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    EK gives you all you need to know and only what you need to know. No fluff. If your understanding of o-chem was pretty solid when you took the courses, EK should be more than enough to refresh your memory and to get you understanding o-chem again. It worked well for me, and I had a relatively o-chem-heavy BS section (3 passages).
  3. DeMoNdOgDFM

DeMoNdOgDFM

SDN 2+ Year Member
    How long was the EK Orgo book?
  4. EmKitty

EmKitty

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    The EK orgo book was pretty short, very concise and useful information though. It really does give you all you need to know, provided that you have a rudimentary understanding of organic chemistry from your undergrad classes.
  5. DeMoNdOgDFM

DeMoNdOgDFM

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Sounds good. I feel like I might use EK Orgo despite having BR because BR seems very in depth and I don't want to spend all my time on Orgo when it is a small section of the BS section
  6. TheShaker

TheShaker

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Can anyone compare it to EK GenChem? I had trouble with the explanation in it so I was just wondering if I would have trouble with EK Ochem as well.
  7. DeMoNdOgDFM

DeMoNdOgDFM

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I am not sure about GenChem but EK Bio has been simply beautiful.
  8. RAPTORS99

RAPTORS99

I am writing my MCAT in August and will finish my year of orgo at the end of this school year. I feel like I know it pretty well and as far as content goes, I should be good using EK. But, for practice would you guys still suggest buying the BR books?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal