Anyone used a chemoshield before?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeaTree

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
have anyone used a pharmacy barrier isolator before? the one that's designed for chemotherapy? I'm used to the sterilchemogard, which is the one with the glass that can go up and down. Do I still need to double glove with that isolator? And do I change the glove sleeve that comes with the isolator daily? I'll be starting a new job that uses the chemoshield, I just wanna get a head start.

Members don't see this ad.

We still wear the gown, mask, hat and gloves when using our completely enclosed glovebox for chemo. The extra gloves you wear are important because the glovebox gloves can have a tear in them and you may not realize it.

edit: nm, just saw you use the one that's open with the glass moving up and down. Yeah, double gloves or single chemo gloves.

I'm currently using the one with the glass that goes up and down, but I will soon be starting at a new place with the glove box. So all the protective gowns and gloves still apply to the glove box? how about a chemo mat? and how often do I need to change the glove sleeves? Also surface safe is discontinued by hospira, do u guys make ur own now? Thanks